View Poll Results: Server-Poll

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • +1 AA-Unchained freshstart

12 66.67%
  • +1 AA-Unchained freshstart + 1 AA-Unchained legacy

6 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AA-Uncained & Legacy Server after AA-Unchained Release (+Transfer?)

Lightbulb AA-Uncained & Legacy Server after AA-Unchained Release (+Transfer?)

Several people like the Unchained system and dont want to loose all their work on their Equip and chars.

Some like the fresh start Idea.

Some just want keep the P2W System.

Vote here what you like:

1. Option (like its planned):
    AA Servers no change + 1 AA Unchained Server

2. Option:
    AA Servers no change + 1 AA Unchained freshstart Server + 1 AA Unchained legacy Server

AA Unchained freshstart Server = Server where you just can make a new char
    AA Unchained legacy Server = Server you can transfer (for the cost of the game) from the AA servers in the first 3 month (After 3 month its closed so people cant 'bring some more Cash gold into the Unchained Servers after)
    [Jakar] Lavia
    Crafting everything!

this way we would also move to unchained

the whole purpose of unchained is that no player has an advantage over others. transferring characters from legacy to unchained makes it no different than the original servers and be labeled as p2w because people buying their already made, up to 5 years old characters to a new server with people who join afterwards starting from scratch having a huge disadvantage/gear gap to those who started 5 years ago and just moved over.

not to mention the items that will not be available ever again such as obsidian and event items that would also put others at an advantage over those starting with nothing.

i agree with being able to transfer cosmetic only items like costumes and weapon skins as they don't have any advantage, but i do not agree with transferring equips, buffs, vehicles, ships, mounts etc. if people are that upset to leave the already existing servers because of that then they don't have to leave the existing servers.
    Kaylin West
    Jasperaus
    <Coping Mechanism>

Quote Originally Posted by Jasperaus View Post
    the whole purpose of unchained is that no player has an advantage over others. transferring characters from legacy to unchained makes it no different than the original servers and be labeled as p2w because people buying their already made, up to 5 years old characters to a new server with people who join afterwards starting from scratch having a huge disadvantage/gear gap to those who started 5 years ago and just moved over.

not to mention the items that will not be available ever again such as obsidian and event items that would also put others at an advantage over those starting with nothing.

i agree with being able to transfer cosmetic only items like costumes and weapon skins as they don't have any advantage, but i do not agree with transferring equips, buffs, vehicles, ships, mounts etc. if people are that upset to leave the already existing servers because of that then they don't have to leave the existing servers.
    I don't think you understand what he's saying. He's saying that most of the unchained servers would be fresh starts and then there would be an unchained legacy server that players on legacy can transfer their characters to if they want to play under the new billing model.

Here's what I think they should do.

They should announce that the old FS server will be getting merged with legacy servers. At the time of the merge a legacy unchained server will be opened and players will be able to purchase entry to join that model and xfer their character from the old FS server or legacy servers to the new legacy unchained server.

This would effectively remove the old FS servers while load balancing from legacy to new model. They might actually need more than one legacy unchained server if they did this. A lot of ground work would be required to determine demand and that sort of thing. There would possibly be some billing issues for people who prepaid patron so some level of reimbursement (in game items or something... manastorm crystals would probably be sufficient).

I think a lot of players would want to transfer to the new billing model. I'm sure most of us would leave our alts behind because it wouldn't necessarily make sense to pay to move them. It would probably result in a dead legacy server though.

He's basically asking for a multiboxing discount? That's a bold move cotton, let's see if it pays off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    I think a lot of players would want to transfer to the new billing model. I'm sure most of us would leave our alts behind because it wouldn't necessarily make sense to pay to move them. It would probably result in a dead legacy server though.
    Yea leaving alts sounds ok for me but i will not leave my main for a better payment model

Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    I don't think you understand what he's saying. He's saying that most of the unchained servers would be fresh starts and then there would be an unchained legacy server that players on legacy can transfer their characters to if they want to play under the new billing model.

Here's what I think they should do.

They should announce that the old FS server will be getting merged with legacy servers. At the time of the merge a legacy unchained server will be opened and players will be able to purchase entry to join that model and xfer their character from the old FS server or legacy servers to the new legacy unchained server.

This would effectively remove the old FS servers while load balancing from legacy to new model. They might actually need more than one legacy unchained server if they did this. A lot of ground work would be required to determine demand and that sort of thing. There would possibly be some billing issues for people who prepaid patron so some level of reimbursement (in game items or something... manastorm crystals would probably be sufficient).

i do understand entirely what op said, but unless they limit that server ONLY to people from the original legacy servers that would not work, newer players would still join the server and be at a disadvantage because of the toons that are 4+ years ahead in the game with their items. i will repeat what i said, unchained has the purpose of having no advantage over another not to mention how low the population could possibly because of the extreme freefarm of any organised guilds transferring all their stuff and taking over from day 1 which is not fun for others who come alone or with small groups that would lower quite a few players interest significantly unless they are a part of said organised group or heavily into PVP.

if they limited it to ONLY existing legacy players to transfer to the legacy unchained then yes that's ok as there would be no change besides my last point above but they would have to restrict new players entirely from that server, remove items that cannot be obtained in that server, remove any advantage giving items like buffs and charms and remove apex from any accounts that had any stored while in transfer to somewhat equalize the server to have less of a p2w aspect. if this did happen people would still be upset because those who have already paid their way to mythic/eternal erenors are still at an advantage.

but as its a 90% guarantee that the limitations are never going to happen ever no there should not be any transfers of characters to the new servers, it will just ens in that server dying off within a short amount of time because people still cant get ahead because of [insert new reason here]
    Kaylin West
    Jasperaus
    <Coping Mechanism>

Quote Originally Posted by Jasperaus View Post
    i do understand entirely what op said, but unless they limit that server ONLY to people from the original legacy servers that would not work, newer players would still join the server and be at a disadvantage because of the toons that are 4+ years ahead in the game with their items. i will repeat what i said, unchained has the purpose of having no advantage over another not to mention how low the population could possibly because of the extreme freefarm of any organised guilds transferring all their stuff and taking over from day 1 which is not fun for others who come alone or with small groups that would lower quite a few players interest significantly unless they are a part of said organised group or heavily into PVP.

if they limited it to ONLY existing legacy players to transfer to the legacy unchained then yes that's ok as there would be no change besides my last point above but they would have to restrict new players entirely from that server, remove items that cannot be obtained in that server, remove any advantage giving items like buffs and charms and remove apex from any accounts that had any stored while in transfer to somewhat equalize the server to have less of a p2w aspect. if this did happen people would still be upset because those who have already paid their way to mythic/eternal erenors are still at an advantage.

but as its a 90% guarantee that the limitations are never going to happen ever no there should not be any transfers of characters to the new servers, it will just ens in that server dying off within a short amount of time because people still cant get ahead because of [insert new reason here]
    How about let new players choose if they want to play on the Server without Legacy players or play on the Server with the people they may knew in RL and want to play with.
    Its free for them to choose.

This wouldnt change anything to the Unchained-Freshstart Server just an additional Server where Legacy can move withing 3 month
    [Jakar] Lavia
    Crafting everything!

Doesn't matter much anyway.
    If legacy servers shut down they're going to either compensate us all big time for 5 years worth of progress or merge us with the unchained servers.

+ Reply to Thread