+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: Archer - Stone Arrows - Help Us

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Firenation View Post
    No point to play archer in AA if you are pvp player.
    Such a helpful soul with no evidence, no checking on KR's current PvP situation and posessing information from basically being stuck in a legacy server that can't produce any real accurate PvP build and gear spec statistics as most of the PvP heads left at the beginning of 2015 (when Trion dropped a massive fu) to play LoL/an FPS/another mmo and whatever else floated their boats.

    AAU will have a great playerbase, prepare to be shocked.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Firenation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The Dark Tower ( Mordor )
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Steel View Post
    Such a helpful soul with no evidence, no checking on KR's current PvP situation and posessing information from basically being stuck in a legacy server that can't produce any real accurate PvP build and gear spec statistics as most of the PvP heads left at the beginning of 2015 (when Trion dropped a massive fu) to play LoL/an FPS/another mmo and whatever else floated their boats.

    AAU will have a great playerbase, prepare to be shocked.
    As a full hiram gear with full t3 gems to fight against full eternal/mythic armor gear (with full hero gem) with mythic/eternal erenor weapon old legacy p2w players in pvp, archer is not effective. In case of archer, if you go for full crit rate/crit damage then you are the best pve class but really bad in pvp; because most of your attacks will be parried, blocked, evaded by other tanky good geared old players I mentioned above in the legacy servers which these kind of players are majority in the dead AA EU servers where they are in the dominating guilds. If you seek pvp in AA EU, the only pvp happens at the places of so called non-exist end game content which is only designed for these zerg p2w too geared dominating guild. As a result of it, you cannot do any effective pvp with archer in open world pvp where it is not exist anymore in Archeage; but most of the places in AA EU servers are empty, no pvp when you seek (except DS but I cannot call it pvp at all; because it doesn't have any objectives there). Most of the pvp we call against strong guilds' pvp groups, that groups always have high gear score, very geared healers (even at the daily quest zones, you hard to find people alone to taste the solo pvp as archer that everyone is going everywhere with their guild raids or full party etc).

    Lets say that you went to crit rate/p.defence penetration build with your archer for pvp. If you don't have erenor bow with mythic/eternal of +25 weapon then you will experience very hard time to kill your opponent in the game. If you use dual wield weapons than you are easy target, so you need to be stonearrow to survive against high gear score melees, then we have a very high gear score mage problem to fight against as archer.

    It is so hard to see a gearless person in Archeage Legacy in AA EU that only gearless people are the potato farmers or casuals that never comes to event public pvp events for end game contents... I was harani in Jakar and Taris servers and they are dead servers for haranya which is the weakest that thy don't do anything to do anything related with pvp in the game. Already AA EU servers are free farms of the player nations for years which AA EU servers are small towns.

    I don't know if you follow every patches and make comparison with other patches along with other classes' changes and their effects on archer in pvp and pve, but I can say that archers are nerfed so hard which we will be nerfed with 6.0 patch again and getting useless minor buffs which will not have any effect for pvp at all while other classes are getting nice buffs or skill updates etc.

    My archer is 13700 gear score full hiram gear and weapon as full crit rate and crit damage (I have 2060 agility amount), and I can say proudly that I am very good pve player that I solo mistsong except hard mode but with one healer and me then I do every dungeon in Archeage myself which I do every daily eastern hiram quests solo myself too as I finish it within 30 minutes including the tree boss, mammoth boss etc too. However, when it comes to pvp to fight against radiant mythic/eternal +25 weapon every good geared full mythic/eternal grade armor with hero gem, the tanky players with plate or any other armor version (when you get hero gems, you become very tanky that most of the players are using shields too etc) pvp groups of dominating guild in open world pvp or even halci (fight against player nation etc) as harani player or as normal archer with not p2w hiram grinding gear, the pvp is so hard with my build.

    I tried to go for penetration build but it is so hard and once this happens then you give very less damage to mobs/bosses as pve content... There is no both side of usage in archery unlike other mage and melee dps classes that they still give nice damage with any build.

    Why archery is bad? Because the amount of defensive stats are too much that if I don't remember wrong, you can get maximum resilience as 12k-14k, and toughness 8k sth, along with tons of p.defence and lots of parry/evade/block rate. Because AA Legacy servers are fulled by old p2w or mega alt account no life or gold buyers, their gear scores are too high. Unless you are ready to pay ten thousands of dolars to the game then you will always experience hard times against that majority of players in pvp always...

    Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Steel View Post
    AAU will have a great playerbase, prepare to be shocked.
    Everyone will be equal you might say as gear base, but again there will be mega alt account owners still, p2w rich players and gold sellers (even they say it is not p2w or everyone will be same etc speeches). What great player base are you talking about? Archeage EU had/has full tons of scammer, toxic, very swearing players and guilds which all of these kind of players are returning back now. However, if you talk about the pvp experience then again archers will be weakest; because archers are always need to be more geared than any of other classes in this game to shine. Archer class is really fun to play while grinding mobs, going dungeons which you will progress faster than anyone in that matter; but for archer pvp, it will be still bad which the old legacy players are going to come to AA Unchained will go for plate and shield mainly. Unlike AA Legacy archer p.defence builds you get like 12k p.defence penetration amount if you have the best gear, for AA Unchained you will not get these so fast which everything will be more harder to obtain... While melees will shine so much that thy get -6000 p.defence penetration from their passives from battlerage and swiftblade at total without using any gems or accessories or cloak or costume/underwear with they get tons of crit damage from their normal skills themself too. Please tell me what archers have and how "AAU will have a great playerbase, prepare to be shocked" for archers?

    Even for castle sieges, archers are not the first choice which mass pvp is like this: "Tanks go first and pull everyone then mages nuke them. Melee go behind the enemy lines to keep busy the healers or kill the archers or mages or destroy the siege weapons. After archers lost their cool 50 meters range skill from abyssal skill tree, it became so hard for them to be effective. Even at Korean pvp videos, you see archers very rarely in pvp.

    Shortly, archers are really fun to play for PVE but not PVP most of the time. Archers of Archeage is like this right now:

    Accept the truth or not; but this is the reality I experience in AA Legacy servers like many other archer players. By the way the Halci Arena is a joke in AA, so please don't give me archer pvp example from there .
    Among the guilds a time where
    the Elven-kings under the sky,
    where Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
    where Mortal Men doomed to die,
    the Ferre in the wilds and Warborn
    lived in harmony In the Land of Nui but,
    The One Guild was only for
    the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.
    One Guild to rule them all,
    One Guild to find them,
    One Guild to bring them all and in the darkness bind them in the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.

  3. #33
    Absolutely incredible long schpeel!

    Few things (didn't end up being that way lul...) I can only say to the tower of text above me:

    - Ofc your armor penetration attempt isn't doing well if a lot of the server is playing with slightly overtuned Plate, the damage increase from knocking a few thousands off of high Pdef is laughable
    {AAU}
    - If dps'ers choose Plate for AAU they are free to die super quickly to anyone with a malediction spec...
    - If melee's flank any "squishy" ready with Redoubt they've over commited, occultism can screw stealth approach (+even better with Archery), you can call melee's easy all day if you'd like but good players will know that they are being hunted and their are plenty of measures in this game to avoid their approach and start skills, if you're with your team this is super easy (and I'm sure Legacy is only a "team game" when castles are involved with a pretty dead playerbase!)
    - Mages can be interupted in servers that actually reach their population potential, less range than Archery, if their are dps roles specifically designed to deal with them they will have decent magic defense and you can only go so far with magic penetration and there are no skills/passives (besides disonance and a bulwark bomb) to help you (a witchcraft spec vs them will be too much). PLATE ERA WILL BE GONE, what happens to all ez pz mage damage, ye a lot fricking less successful!
    - Lastly, let's look at roles simply damage, range and cc effectiveness (imagine if you were a proffesional in a balancing department)
    / Melee - a heavy damage or tank commitment (meaning their positioning is forced), also having very easy access to one of the best cc's 'trip' (deserved because of positioning)
    / Mage - alternative damage source that slips through every player's passive defense (block/parry/evasion) to help break up compositions, also good cc's if left unchecked/not focused but fairly easy to counter if they are (10m roughly less range than Archery for this reason)
    / Archery - longest range and basic abilities at instant cast and auto is spammable, no damage changing cc's however, they do have silence and some cc's that help kite (none of which amplify damage, besides working with a team snare > Snipe > trip). Unless focused they are passively the safest role in the game, naturally out of the range of cc's and casted abilities that could help equal your death, they are a reliable presence that don't need positional commitments.

    Now with that done, AA at its core is a TEAM PLAY game (something most of Legacy players don't have the luxury of experiencing).
    Archery has its purpose, you can never ignore consistent damage at 25-30m range, funny how you mentioned more Armor pen coming into the game from swiftblade, how much more amplified are those Archer's on that target (not to mention trip effects gifting Archer's massive critical rate opportunities!). Let's not forget the utility Archer's position brings, they are in the backline away from the 0-15m range cc/damage fiesta's, why are Stonearrows and Ranger's popping up much more in KR after 6.0+, because counter measures to flanking and enemy players dropping in screw up your team, not to slam Ebonsong of course, it has it's purpose if left unchecked in the backline but if ♥♥♥♥ hits the fan it's helping no one but itself (and much more errors can occur in kiting with an ebonsong vs a Stone arrow).

    You're version of how Archer's should be (just throw more damage into them!) would destablize the other roles of this game, Archer's are not meant to be an easy ranged source of murder they are meant to be a stable source of consistent damage (and catch) and depending on spec bring utility to a group.
    If you had Archer's scaling and "popping off" like an ADC on LoL then you will bring the same imbalances Lineage 2 have where there was barely any purpose or cc worth for melee's and mages were just simply "attacking a different defense stat" and could do nothing an Archer couldn't do (+ the Archer had consistent damage over them). There is a reason ADC's are allowed to pop off in LoL because it is not only a forced controlled team game but objectives are a crucial part of the game and 1 player alone can't control these aspects, simply imagine if you got your way and Archer's were more like Vayne, melee's would just be scratching their head over their worth; AA has its balance true! (aslong as a good playerbase and team play exists!).


    You are butt hurt because Archer's aren't a simple point and shoot murder weapon with simple specs for any situation, welcome to a balanced concept MMO where developers actually give a damn! If you don't like synergy, teamplay and mechanics get off Archer and play the 1,2,3 key press classes you big up so much, basically, if you want to shoot a bow, change your mentality!

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Steel View Post
    Absolutely incredible long schpeel!

    Few things (didn't end up being that way lul...) I can only say to the tower of text above me:

    - Ofc your armor penetration attempt isn't doing well if a lot of the server is playing with slightly overtuned Plate, the damage increase from knocking a few thousands off of high Pdef is laughable
    {AAU}
    - If dps'ers choose Plate for AAU they are free to die super quickly to anyone with a malediction spec...
    - If melee's flank any "squishy" ready with Redoubt they've over commited, occultism can screw stealth approach (+even better with Archery), you can call melee's easy all day if you'd like but good players will know that they are being hunted and their are plenty of measures in this game to avoid their approach and start skills, if you're with your team this is super easy (and I'm sure Legacy is only a "team game" when castles are involved with a pretty dead playerbase!)
    - Mages can be interupted in servers that actually reach their population potential, less range than Archery, if their are dps roles specifically designed to deal with them they will have decent magic defense and you can only go so far with magic penetration and there are no skills/passives (besides disonance and a bulwark bomb) to help you (a witchcraft spec vs them will be too much). PLATE ERA WILL BE GONE, what happens to all ez pz mage damage, ye a lot fricking less successful!
    - Lastly, let's look at roles simply damage, range and cc effectiveness (imagine if you were a proffesional in a balancing department)
    / Melee - a heavy damage or tank commitment (meaning their positioning is forced), also having very easy access to one of the best cc's 'trip' (deserved because of positioning)
    / Mage - alternative damage source that slips through every player's passive defense (block/parry/evasion) to help break up compositions, also good cc's if left unchecked/not focused but fairly easy to counter if they are (10m roughly less range than Archery for this reason)
    / Archery - longest range and basic abilities at instant cast and auto is spammable, no damage changing cc's however, they do have silence and some cc's that help kite (none of which amplify damage, besides working with a team snare > Snipe > trip). Unless focused they are passively the safest role in the game, naturally out of the range of cc's and casted abilities that could help equal your death, they are a reliable presence that don't need positional commitments.

    Now with that done, AA at its core is a TEAM PLAY game (something most of Legacy players don't have the luxury of experiencing).
    Archery has its purpose, you can never ignore consistent damage at 25-30m range, funny how you mentioned more Armor pen coming into the game from swiftblade, how much more amplified are those Archer's on that target (not to mention trip effects gifting Archer's massive critical rate opportunities!). Let's not forget the utility Archer's position brings, they are in the backline away from the 0-15m range cc/damage fiesta's, why are Stonearrows and Ranger's popping up much more in KR after 6.0+, because counter measures to flanking and enemy players dropping in screw up your team, not to slam Ebonsong of course, it has it's purpose if left unchecked in the backline but if ♥♥♥♥ hits the fan it's helping no one but itself (and much more errors can occur in kiting with an ebonsong vs a Stone arrow).

    You're version of how Archer's should be (just throw more damage into them!) would destablize the other roles of this game, Archer's are not meant to be an easy ranged source of murder they are meant to be a stable source of consistent damage (and catch) and depending on spec bring utility to a group.
    If you had Archer's scaling and "popping off" like an ADC on LoL then you will bring the same imbalances Lineage 2 have where there was barely any purpose or cc worth for melee's and mages were just simply "attacking a different defense stat" and could do nothing an Archer couldn't do (+ the Archer had consistent damage over them). There is a reason ADC's are allowed to pop off in LoL because it is not only a forced controlled team game but objectives are a crucial part of the game and 1 player alone can't control these aspects, simply imagine if you got your way and Archer's were more like Vayne, melee's are just scratching their head over their worth, AA has it's balance true (aslong as a good playerbase and team play exists!).


    You are butt hurt because Archer's aren't a simple point and shoot murder weapon with simple specs for any situation, welcome to a balanced concept MMO where developers actually give a damn! If you don't like synergy, teamplay and mechanics get off Archer and play the 1,2,3 key press classes you big up so much, if you want to shoot a bow change your mentality!
    you realy dont know what you are talking about and are clearly a melee user that is scared of a balanced pvp game where you have to use your brain to kill a archer.

    if players cant be honost about how low developt archers are in game even with a new melee skill set comming, that you are just trolling and dont want a fair game.

    fun fact go check the mobs in fallen hiram city and see how even on the smaller details archers are getting screwed mobs that has a buf where ranged attcks are less effective.

    archers are far behind other classes.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by shutan View Post
    you realy dont know what you are talking about
    Not in your dimension clearly where you only have 1!

    "I press the buttons...they go boom!" ...."you know sometimes they don't boom straight away and I have to press a few more buttons!"

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Steel View Post
    Not in your dimension clearly where you only have 1!

    "I press the buttons...they go boom!" ...."you know sometimes they don't boom straight away and I have to press a few more buttons!"
    like i said no info on the topic just blah blah blah buuuhuuuu please no balanced pvp please buuhuu OP archers cry cry.

    Thanks bruh

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Firenation View Post
    AA EU servers are in Hamburg.
    Are they tho?

    https://db-ip.com/193.105.173.5
    Hyppocritten
    Archer by heart but forced into a spiritualist cause archers are just that bad casual.

    Dahuta - East - Retired
    Gildaron - East - Casual pleb

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Firenation View Post
    As a full hiram gear with full t3 gems to fight against full eternal/mythic armor gear (with full hero gem) with mythic/eternal erenor weapon old legacy p2w players in pvp, archer is not effective.
    I was asking for unchained tbh.
    By then archer is going to be the new meta... (I wish )
    Hyppocritten
    Archer by heart but forced into a spiritualist cause archers are just that bad casual.

    Dahuta - East - Retired
    Gildaron - East - Casual pleb

  9. #39
    Senior Member Firenation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The Dark Tower ( Mordor )
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by Choisy View Post
    I had done a guide to our guild members who wants to see the ping of Archeage when you log in to game and if your connection is not so good then how to use Battleping software which is legal to use in Archeage to lower the ping/latency/ms to lower the ping.

    I explained the steps here, I hope that you like it too.


    When you log in to game and then follow these steps from Task Manager - Performance - Resource Monitor - Network - TCP Connection - archeage.exe and then you will see the latency(ms) of Archeage with your connection through their physical server location.

    Already Gamigo is German Gaming Company and they moved the servers back to Germany to lower the tax they pay in another country(Netherlands) as I know, but if I am wrong let me know; because there is no solid information about the exact location of Archeage EU Servers.

    Note:
    When you try to find the right Battleping server that will lower your ping, it is important to know that your distance between your country and where you live there, the Battleping server location and the location of the actual Archeage EU server. You need to consider every of these for best ping. Unfortunately, the internet connection to EU based games' servers are not so good from Turkey.
    Among the guilds a time where
    the Elven-kings under the sky,
    where Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
    where Mortal Men doomed to die,
    the Ferre in the wilds and Warborn
    lived in harmony In the Land of Nui but,
    The One Guild was only for
    the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.
    One Guild to rule them all,
    One Guild to find them,
    One Guild to bring them all and in the darkness bind them in the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.

  10. #40
    Senior Member Zuesprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    212
    Dacks- Tahyang/Conviction/Kadum/Wynn

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts