+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Archer - Stone Arrows - Help Us

Hybrid View

Archer - Stone Arrows - Help Us

I wanted ask when archer will be viable again. And no I donít mean ebonsong.
    Iíve played mostly Stone Arrow from the beginning and love the class.

But it seems that all the deb love goes to mage and other melee classes.

It seems to be at the point that they should just remove the archer from the game as this may be the best solution.

My question is; will there be any upcoming patches that make archer, specifically Stone Arrow playable?

itís a great class but almost useless now.

Thanks.

Its still viable in 1v1 arenas vs dark runner and blade dancers, but other than that no there is nothing I'm aware of in the pipeline in korea that makes stone arrow great again.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheGreat View Post
    Its still viable in 1v1 arenas vs dark runner and blade dancers, but other than that no there is nothing I'm aware of in the pipeline in korea that makes stone arrow great again.
    Are yall kidding? Stone arrow, with plate is stupid good, as with any current plate-armored dps/tank spec. Build yourself correctly, and you basically win all 1v1s, outside of specific stun-lock (**STUN**-lock) comps and similar plate dps magic builds, as well as having relevance in RvR cuz you're ranged.

We had a stone arrow in the top 5 arena for a good month or two on kadum, mixed with cloth and plate. I knew him outside of arena too, and he still kicked ash. Stone arrow (or any ranged defense spec) is basically gg to most archers, because its a direct counter to your dmg (block rate + evasion) while having similar dmg, more hp, and higher defense, the the bane of physical dps. Archers are also the best class in KR. OUR problem is our latency within our server, which causes range disparity between your pc and your opponents (25m gap to you.... 20m to them).
    Pew (Wynn/Kaylin/Kadum)
    <The Shadehunting Master>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Trusivraj?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/trusivraj

1v1 Ull do okay, the game is mostly huge rvr now.. you benefit more from trickster or ebon or prim.. over stone
    A famous player

Quote Originally Posted by FluXIx View Post
    1v1 Ull do okay, the game is mostly huge rvr now.. you benefit more from trickster or ebon or prim.. over stone
    As you should, because theyre more offensive classes. Stone does its job, which is keeping YOU alive.
    Pew (Wynn/Kaylin/Kadum)
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    Twitter:
    Twitch Stream Channel:

If you don't have erenor radiant +25 mythic/eternal bow for your archer, then do not bother to play archer at all; and if you don't go for full penetration build then again no bother to play with archer at all. Archer with crit rate + crit damage is only good for pve but at pvp you miss most of your attacks; because your opponents are generally +10k, +13k, +14k, +15k and even some +16k gear score players who generally go for tanky builds. Thus, it is hard to give damage to that players as archer. Right now, in every new patches, archers are nerfed so hard in skill damage, combos and so on while other classes took nice buffs or skill changes and so on.

For example, new patch's new skill tree - swift blade which it has a passive that gets x6 stats for each hit with 500 penetration and movement buff without having a cooldown like some of the other skill trees' passives from battlerage and shadowplay. Battlerage has a passive that lowers your physical defence for -3000 for 5 seconds, and this new skill tree lowers your physical defence for another 3000 too. If you apply physical defence penetration gems to your weapons, cloak, costume, accessories then you neglect your opponent's defence fully and even lower it to minus too. In addition to that, you still get extra damage for these skills you used as crit damage too which even your opponent has lots of defensive stats from resilience etc, you have lots of crit damage still.

New fresh server is coming and even noone has gear, you will lower your opponent's physical defence by -6000 just from the skill tree passives. Therefore, the cloth and leather users will suffer a lot from the hands of melee more and you cannot run away from them at all anymore too...
    Among the guilds a time where
    the Elven-kings under the sky,
    where Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
    where Mortal Men doomed to die,
    the Ferre in the wilds and Warborn
    lived in harmony In the Land of Nui but,
    The One Guild was only for
    the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.
    One Guild to rule them all,
    One Guild to find them,
    One Guild to bring them all and in the darkness bind them in the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.

Wow Stone arrow archer is so so bad class, i will say useless completely useless in raids. Like the last post i agree even with max gear Bow its still useless in dps, just more defence u dont need in raid like range dps, and your dps will be a joke vs plates or shields

Quote Originally Posted by kitts View Post
    Wow Stone arrow archer is so so bad class, i will say useless completely useless in raids. Like the last post i agree even with max gear Bow its still useless in dps, just more defence u dont need in raid like range dps, and your dps will be a joke vs plates or shields
    You guys all sound as bad as the "Buff mages!" groups we used to have... Stone arrow can build hiram plate, with full agility stats, and an hp shield, and do the very near-same dmg as any other archer, while having 10k+ more hp and 5-10k more defense, and immunity to every common cc-spam combo class, being impales and knockdowns. You will never lose to another archer of equal dmg/gear, and will still beat most archers with better gear (leather), due to your mitigation stats, as explained in a previous post.

Being a bad player doesnt make the class bad, and I don't mean to say that in an insulting way, but 90% of the archers I've seen fight in this game, who complain about archery, arent even good at kiting, or simply expect to kill players in one rotation, which would be broken, and doesnt happen on equal gear levels.

I'll contact Baalkin on Kadum, if you would like info on playing stone arrow correctly.
    Pew (Wynn/Kaylin/Kadum)
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    Twitter:
    Twitch Stream Channel:

Quote Originally Posted by Trusivraj View Post
    You guys all sound as bad as the "Buff mages!" groups we used to have... Stone arrow can build hiram plate, with full agility stats, and an hp shield, and do the very near-same dmg as any other archer, while having 10k+ more hp and 5-10k more defense, and immunity to every common cc-spam combo class, being impales and knockdowns. You will never lose to another archer of equal dmg/gear, and will still beat most archers with better gear (leather), due to your mitigation stats, as explained in a previous post.

Being a bad player doesnt make the class bad, and I don't mean to say that in an insulting way, but 90% of the archers I've seen fight in this game, who complain about archery, arent even good at kiting, or simply expect to kill players in one rotation, which would be broken, and doesnt happen on equal gear levels.

I'll contact Baalkin on Kadum, if you would like info on playing stone arrow correctly.
    I wont argue with someone who has no idea what he is talking about.
    '' Stone arrow the very near-same dmg as any other archer "
    Thats the biggest joke i ever read. Your stone arrow can only deal 1v1 but in raid he is useless in damage. First of all no one will mark him bec he has strong def and second the most important he is not doing damage at all so its harmless. If u enjoy watching your friend killing 1v1 people is fine. But in raid vs raid is different and all u need in raid is max DPS Ebonsong. In open world your stone arrow is weak that everyone will just fly away from him if drop down in damage. Like the guy up said u have no mobility and thats all what archer need. If u say stone arrow can have almost same damage like Ebonsong everyone who read this is laughing right now. And yes we have exactly plate + shield stone arrow max gear rank 1 to 10 in gs on enemy side and guess what when we fight .. we just never mark him bec his damage and moving speed is a joke he cannot harm no body and he cant even follow his raid bec is slow. U say ppl dont know how to play archer .. i say if u think damage of stone arrow is almost the same like Ebonsong u better stop embarrassing your self here. Those CC u talking about impale and what ever the person who attack u and see u dont die he will just run away just bec your damage is so low compare to other classes and he has alot of time to run away and u will never catch him with your disabled stone arrow. I dont even need to mention u got -177 less attack speed. U are not only lower in damage u are 3 times slower in shooting. YOur friend win 1v1 duel battles where u just survive longer but in this game is not about surviving longer in 1vs1 is about fast killing and stone arrow cant kill nothing in raid. I hope i teach u something about classes u never played in your life and only looking others and give comments here. And like the othe guy said mage will 1 shot u with your useless plate low damage class

Quote Originally Posted by kitts View Post
    I wont argue with someone who has no idea what he is talking about.
    '' Stone arrow the very near-same dmg as any other archer "
    Thats the biggest joke i ever read. Your stone arrow can only deal 1v1 but in raid he is useless in damage. First of all no one will mark him bec he has strong def and second the most important he is not doing damage at all so its harmless. If u enjoy watching your friend killing 1v1 people is fine. But in raid vs raid is different and all u need in raid is max DPS Ebonsong. In open world your stone arrow is weak that everyone will just fly away from him if drop down in damage. Like the guy up said u have no mobility and thats all what archer need. If u say stone arrow can have almost same damage like Ebonsong everyone who read this is laughing right now. And yes we have exactly plate + shield stone arrow max gear rank 1 to 10 in gs on enemy side and guess what when we fight .. we just never mark him bec his damage and moving speed is a joke he cannot harm no body and he cant even follow his raid bec is slow. U say ppl dont know how to play archer .. i say if u think damage of stone arrow is almost the same like Ebonsong u better stop embarrassing your self here. Those CC u talking about impale and what ever the person who attack u and see u dont die he will just run away just bec your damage is so low compare to other classes and he has alot of time to run away and u will never catch him with your disabled stone arrow. I dont even need to mention u got -177 less attack speed. U are not only lower in damage u are 3 times slower in shooting. YOur friend win 1v1 duel battles where u just survive longer but in this game is not about surviving longer in 1vs1 is about fast killing and stone arrow cant kill nothing in raid. I hope i teach u something about classes u never played in your life and only looking others and give comments here. And like the othe guy said mage will 1 shot u with your useless plate low damage class
    I don't think you have any idea what archer you're talking to. I have seen this class in action. It's dmg is no different from any other archers. You build the same stats and weapons aside from having a swappable shield, and running leather or plate, or based on the top stone arrow on kadum at the time this thread began, Plate and cloth.

You dont need maximum mobility in RvR because you have anti trips and immunity to impales, the most common cc's, while having an entire frontline protecting you. You also dont need maximum mobility, because you're tanking everything being thrown at you.

Vs Mage is an auto loss? You can burst a mage just as easily as they burst you, except you'll most likely have 2x their hp and you have invince to bait their burst dmg setup (or build half cloth with magic dmg reduction to bypass the weakness almost entirely...). Let me know when you have a credible pvp background, then maybe I'll take your condescending tone seriously.

EDIT: Mounts and gliders also exist in the open world, and they WILL be used. Ever been glider bombed? Eagle dived? Kitsu Stunned? Those are all cc-mobile tools at their disposal.. that can all be used within 2.5 seconds of each other or less (and the mount has a separate gcd lol).
    Pew (Wynn/Kaylin/Kadum)
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    Twitter:
    Twitch Stream Channel:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast