+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Archer - Stone Arrows - Help Us

I was reading comments above... and im shocked! So you guys saying that stone arrow can go plate? HOW? Mages literally 1 shot you in leather.. imagine running plate? For a RvR could work only because melee assasins will have harder time to kill you, but stone arrow is a generally zero mobility class and if u run plate, any mage can 1 shot you, because you cant even run away from their God's whip.

As that said, archers are in general really weak, unless you are overgeared compared to your enemies. So for a legacy server p2w lover, just swipe an archer build on any fresh start to kick ♥♥♥. Thats about it.

The main reason i want to point out why archers are weak and they really need tweaks is :

1. Main game pvp mechanics hard counter archers - phys defense, block, parry(for vs dualwield), Evasion, Resilience(one of the strongest archer counters because archers ability ratios are pretty low and if u dont crit u do 0 dmg even with good weapon) , Toughness.
    I know you are going to say that these apply for other classes too, but NO. Melee classes has build-in phys def penetration at ridiciolous flat amounts - 3k , 6k etc. Archers have 0. Mage classes - hmmm, while archers have to bypass all of your defensive stats - block,parry,evasion and so on to do damage.... What mages get? - Easy answer - mages bypass evasion,block and parry by default. So good luck fighting someone that has 101% chance to hit u with a 400%+ magic ability multiplier on most of their skills.

2. Second reason is archers have only 2 aoe abilities that fortunately they made 1 of them with an Ancestral level as instant cast ( rain of arrows ), the second ability is Concussive arrow that doesnt really do damage all the time when you instant cast it ( even tho it says its always hits - may be its a bug but 30% of the time it doesnt even hit or do damage, possibly lag).

3. Third and final one is latency. We all know how endless arrow works... This skill is designed to be used with 10ping, not more. So if you have more than 15 ping to the server you play on - DO NOT play archer. The entire archer kit is meant to be played on really low ping ( You can literally spec a mage and play with 100 ping and i promise u can do a lot more than an archer with 50 ping )

Quote Originally Posted by Trusivraj View Post
    You guys all sound as bad as the "Buff mages!" groups we used to have... Stone arrow can build hiram plate, with full agility stats, and an hp shield, and do the very near-same dmg as any other archer, while having 10k+ more hp and 5-10k more defense, and immunity to every common cc-spam combo class, being impales and knockdowns. You will never lose to another archer of equal dmg/gear, and will still beat most archers with better gear (leather), due to your mitigation stats, as explained in a previous post.

Being a bad player doesnt make the class bad, and I don't mean to say that in an insulting way, but 90% of the archers I've seen fight in this game, who complain about archery, arent even good at kiting, or simply expect to kill players in one rotation, which would be broken, and doesnt happen on equal gear levels.

I'll contact Baalkin on Kadum, if you would like info on playing stone arrow correctly.
    I wont argue with someone who has no idea what he is talking about.
    '' Stone arrow the very near-same dmg as any other archer "
    Thats the biggest joke i ever read. Your stone arrow can only deal 1v1 but in raid he is useless in damage. First of all no one will mark him bec he has strong def and second the most important he is not doing damage at all so its harmless. If u enjoy watching your friend killing 1v1 people is fine. But in raid vs raid is different and all u need in raid is max DPS Ebonsong. In open world your stone arrow is weak that everyone will just fly away from him if drop down in damage. Like the guy up said u have no mobility and thats all what archer need. If u say stone arrow can have almost same damage like Ebonsong everyone who read this is laughing right now. And yes we have exactly plate + shield stone arrow max gear rank 1 to 10 in gs on enemy side and guess what when we fight .. we just never mark him bec his damage and moving speed is a joke he cannot harm no body and he cant even follow his raid bec is slow. U say ppl dont know how to play archer .. i say if u think damage of stone arrow is almost the same like Ebonsong u better stop embarrassing your self here. Those CC u talking about impale and what ever the person who attack u and see u dont die he will just run away just bec your damage is so low compare to other classes and he has alot of time to run away and u will never catch him with your disabled stone arrow. I dont even need to mention u got -177 less attack speed. U are not only lower in damage u are 3 times slower in shooting. YOur friend win 1v1 duel battles where u just survive longer but in this game is not about surviving longer in 1vs1 is about fast killing and stone arrow cant kill nothing in raid. I hope i teach u something about classes u never played in your life and only looking others and give comments here. And like the othe guy said mage will 1 shot u with your useless plate low damage class

Quote Originally Posted by BobsynS View Post
    I was reading comments above... and im shocked! So you guys saying that stone arrow can go plate? HOW? Mages literally 1 shot you in leather.. imagine running plate? For a RvR could work only because melee assasins will have harder time to kill you, but stone arrow is a generally zero mobility class and if u run plate, any mage can 1 shot you, because you cant even run away from their God's whip.

As that said, archers are in general really weak, unless you are overgeared compared to your enemies. So for a legacy server p2w lover, just swipe an archer build on any fresh start to kick ♥♥♥. Thats about it.

The main reason i want to point out why archers are weak and they really need tweaks is :

1. Main game pvp mechanics hard counter archers - phys defense, block, parry(for vs dualwield), Evasion, Resilience(one of the strongest archer counters because archers ability ratios are pretty low and if u dont crit u do 0 dmg even with good weapon) , Toughness.
    I know you are going to say that these apply for other classes too, but NO. Melee classes has build-in phys def penetration at ridiciolous flat amounts - 3k , 6k etc. Archers have 0. Mage classes - hmmm, while archers have to bypass all of your defensive stats - block,parry,evasion and so on to do damage.... What mages get? - Easy answer - mages bypass evasion,block and parry by default. So good luck fighting someone that has 101% chance to hit u with a 400%+ magic ability multiplier on most of their skills.

2. Second reason is archers have only 2 aoe abilities that fortunately they made 1 of them with an Ancestral level as instant cast ( rain of arrows ), the second ability is Concussive arrow that doesnt really do damage all the time when you instant cast it ( even tho it says its always hits - may be its a bug but 30% of the time it doesnt even hit or do damage, possibly lag).

3. Third and final one is latency. We all know how endless arrow works... This skill is designed to be used with 10ping, not more. So if you have more than 15 ping to the server you play on - DO NOT play archer. The entire archer kit is meant to be played on really low ping ( You can literally spec a mage and play with 100 ping and i promise u can do a lot more than an archer with 50 ping )
    13k-14k-15k-16k mage is like one shooting you too even you are leather as archer; because very high gear score mage is a beast. In my opinion, archer class is trash right now and with 6.0 patch's new skill tree named swiftblade and if you include battlerage then you lower the physical defence of enemy player by 6000 at total from its passives. If you include other p.defence penetration factors like gems, accessories and hiram weapon stats, cloak, costumes, underwear then you totally destroys the p.defence of the opponent and even make their p.defence into minus... I even didn't include the damage outcome of melee players via their cool instant skills too... Leather is finished at this game. After a certain gear score, it is easy for mage and melee classes to kill archer leather in seconds with a few clicks. For 6.0 patch, best way to survive against melee zergs which most people will play the new skill tree, like how most people will go for and open the Elven race characters; because of its new, cool, very nice visualised character creation with AAU version of AA.
    Among the guilds a time where
    the Elven-kings under the sky,
    where Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
    where Mortal Men doomed to die,
    the Ferre in the wilds and Warborn
    lived in harmony In the Land of Nui but,
    The One Guild was only for
    the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.
    One Guild to rule them all,
    One Guild to find them,
    One Guild to bring them all and in the darkness bind them in the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.

Quote Originally Posted by kitts View Post
    I wont argue with someone who has no idea what he is talking about.
    '' Stone arrow the very near-same dmg as any other archer "
    Thats the biggest joke i ever read. Your stone arrow can only deal 1v1 but in raid he is useless in damage. First of all no one will mark him bec he has strong def and second the most important he is not doing damage at all so its harmless. If u enjoy watching your friend killing 1v1 people is fine. But in raid vs raid is different and all u need in raid is max DPS Ebonsong. In open world your stone arrow is weak that everyone will just fly away from him if drop down in damage. Like the guy up said u have no mobility and thats all what archer need. If u say stone arrow can have almost same damage like Ebonsong everyone who read this is laughing right now. And yes we have exactly plate + shield stone arrow max gear rank 1 to 10 in gs on enemy side and guess what when we fight .. we just never mark him bec his damage and moving speed is a joke he cannot harm no body and he cant even follow his raid bec is slow. U say ppl dont know how to play archer .. i say if u think damage of stone arrow is almost the same like Ebonsong u better stop embarrassing your self here. Those CC u talking about impale and what ever the person who attack u and see u dont die he will just run away just bec your damage is so low compare to other classes and he has alot of time to run away and u will never catch him with your disabled stone arrow. I dont even need to mention u got -177 less attack speed. U are not only lower in damage u are 3 times slower in shooting. YOur friend win 1v1 duel battles where u just survive longer but in this game is not about surviving longer in 1vs1 is about fast killing and stone arrow cant kill nothing in raid. I hope i teach u something about classes u never played in your life and only looking others and give comments here. And like the othe guy said mage will 1 shot u with your useless plate low damage class
    I don't think you have any idea what archer you're talking to. I have seen this class in action. It's dmg is no different from any other archers. You build the same stats and weapons aside from having a swappable shield, and running leather or plate, or based on the top stone arrow on kadum at the time this thread began, Plate and cloth.

You dont need maximum mobility in RvR because you have anti trips and immunity to impales, the most common cc's, while having an entire frontline protecting you. You also dont need maximum mobility, because you're tanking everything being thrown at you.

Vs Mage is an auto loss? You can burst a mage just as easily as they burst you, except you'll most likely have 2x their hp and you have invince to bait their burst dmg setup (or build half cloth with magic dmg reduction to bypass the weakness almost entirely...). Let me know when you have a credible pvp background, then maybe I'll take your condescending tone seriously.

EDIT: Mounts and gliders also exist in the open world, and they WILL be used. Ever been glider bombed? Eagle dived? Kitsu Stunned? Those are all cc-mobile tools at their disposal.. that can all be used within 2.5 seconds of each other or less (and the mount has a separate gcd lol).
    Pew (Wynn/Kaylin/Kadum)
    <The Shadehunting Master>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Trusivraj?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/trusivraj

Quote Originally Posted by BobsynS View Post

The class exists, and ppl are exploiting it. If you find it weak, then you've done something wrong. The strongest Stone Arrow I know hits just as hard as any ebonsong I've faced (since ebon actually has to steup to do their big dmg, which a class like mine wont really allow them to do, forcing them to just kill me, or die themselves AND their niche buff now only increases crit RATE, which any archer and their mother can obtain with ease [100%]. This crit rate is also non-existant when being blocked or evaded) You also dont need 10-15 ping. 40-50 suits me just fine and my arrows fire like machine guns.
    Pew (Wynn/Kaylin/Kadum)
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    Twitter:
    Twitch Stream Channel:

i will say u have no idea about pvp. All u typing is 100% useless chat about class u never played. U keep talking about damage ebonsong vs stone arrow and i even post your message on discord server and everyone is laughing here like crazy
    ''The strongest Stone Arrow I know hits just as hard as any ebonsong''
    This is the biggest joke ever i will leave u chat here alone i can only imagine how extremely bad u are on pvp.
    Who is this ultra hacker that no one ever heard about pls server and name.. his damage almost same like Enonsong we will die laugh here since we have top 10 players in chat pls we want to know Shield with HP hahahaha imagine that on archer with disabled damage from the class adding more useless gems on it

Quote Originally Posted by Firenation View Post
    13k-14k-15k-16k mage is like one shooting you too even you are leather as archer; because very high gear score mage is a beast. In my opinion, archer class is trash right now and with 6.0 patch's new skill tree named swiftblade and if you include battlerage then you lower the physical defence of enemy player by 6000 at total from its passives. If you include other p.defence penetration factors like gems, accessories and hiram weapon stats, cloak, costumes, underwear then you totally destroys the p.defence of the opponent and even make their p.defence into minus... I even didn't include the damage outcome of melee players via their cool instant skills too... Leather is finished at this game. After a certain gear score, it is easy for mage and melee classes to kill archer leather in seconds with a few clicks. For 6.0 patch, best way to survive against melee zergs which most people will play the new skill tree, like how most people will go for and open the Elven race characters; because of its new, cool, very nice visualised character creation with AAU version of AA.
    Play unchained if you can't keep up with the p2w. Thats what your posts come down to at this point. They cant fix the dmg that has been done to F2P AA. If you want a more fair shot at succeeding with your class, then try the new game model, or accept that your version will be forever broken to imbalance of gear & class combination.

Swiftblade isnt even a popular choice in KR, since its release, and we're making "please nerf" statements over it, before it even launches.. Archers make more use the skill tree than melee do! Bahahaha

Honestly, I'll make a demonstration vid of it the day i level it up in unchained.
    Pew (Wynn/Kaylin/Kadum)
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    Twitter:
    Twitch Stream Channel:

i will say u have no idea about pvp. All u typing is 100% useless chat about class u never played. U keep talking about damage ebonsong vs stone arrow and i even post your message on discord server and everyone is laughing here like crazy
    ''The strongest Stone Arrow I know hits just as hard as any ebonsong''
    This is the biggest joke ever i will leave u chat here alone i can only imagine how extremely bad u are on pvp.
    Who is this ultra hacker that no one ever heard about pls server and name.. his damage almost same like Enonsong we will die laugh here since we have top 10 players in chat pls we want to know Shield with HP hahahaha imagine that on archer with disabled damage from the class adding more useless gems on it
    You can keep memeing all ya want. And I have video links of just how "bad" I am. I'll continue to ENJOY my class, while you continue to think less than you really should of your own. Ebonsong is not the end all be all dps archer, its just the current fotm choice, for those with no creative mindset to find a functional class of their own.
    Pew (Wynn/Kaylin/Kadum)
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    Twitter:
    Twitch Stream Channel:

no one said u cannot enjoy your class ..i hope u enjoy it as much as u want but dont argue and telling us pure 100% lies and miracles here. Enjoy your game but dont say never again Stone arrow with hp Shield have almost same damage like Ebonsong .. i will say have at least 30% to 40% less damage. Cant catch the person .. do no damage in raid only walk around like bot bec no one mark him and is no point to mark him bec his damage is so low and he is just last number for kill. And yes we will play unchained with 0 stone arrows around.

no one said u cannot enjoy your class ..i hope u enjoy it as much as u want but dont argue and telling us pure 100% lies and miracles here. Enjoy your game but dont say never again Stone arrow with hp Shield have almost same damage like Ebonsong .. i will say have at least 30% to 40% less damage. Cant catch the person .. do no damage in raid only walk around like bot bec no one mark him and is no point to mark him bec his damage is so low and he is just last number for kill. And yes we will play unchained with 0 stone arrows around.
    Here ya go lad:
    https://archeagecalculator.com/?a=u2316f20&b=9 - Plate/Cloth Stone Arrow

https://archeagecalculator.com/?a=u5716120&b=9 - Leather Shadehunter

Cared about you enough to spend an hour building you 2 full-build end game archer specs.

Both use shadowplay and archery

Neither uses songcraft, and neither needs to use songcraft, because they have their own strengths while doing almost literally the same upfront dmg.

The stone arrow is built semi-defensively as well, so it could do even more dmg if it really wanted, and dont get me started on:

Swapping the dagger for an Agility shield, which in total defense stats gives an extra:
    5k+ magic or physical defense (75.40% physical/68%ish Magical)
    40% block/evasion rate
    20% recieved ranged & melee reduction
    39% recieved magic reduction (check the defense tab in the "details" page next to atk speed)
    42k+ HP (Doubling some glass cannon builds' HP, with a minimal dmg difference of 10% at best, and this is without consumable buffs from either player)

While still having:

1437 atk dmg
    76% crit rate, no double recurve
    214% crit dmg (and if u know how crit dmg works, the dmg difference is minimal against a non-shield opponent).

I happily switched the class to ebonsong for you, and activated its buffs

Wallah: https://archeagecalculator.com/?a=u2525020&b=9

Now tell me where stone arrow is magically useless/does no dmg, having identical dmg stats in every way, and over 40-70% more survivability?

The class, among many defense specs, is actually broken, when you know how to use the broken mitigation system we currently have.
    Pew (Wynn/Kaylin/Kadum)
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    Twitter:
    Twitch Stream Channel:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast