+ Reply to Thread

Thread: All that no P2W and B2P might look nice and shiny, but who will pay for the game?

All that no P2W and B2P might look nice and shiny, but who will pay for the game?

I was thinking coming back to the game after almost a year break, and found out about this new Unchained servers.

All that no P2W and B2P might look nice and shiny, but who will pay for the game?

When I was still playing, someone paid 80 EUR every month for my 4 accounts (8 apex), that means 240 EUR every season (if season last 3 months).
    And even though most real whales left game long time ago, some people still drop some cash, buy Apex, archeum pack etc.

If I assume that I'm average player, to provide revenues comparable to Legacy, AAU seasonal passes should cost 150 EUR min, and be really must have to make sure most ppl buy these, or AAU servers must have massively higher population of ppl who are huge fans of cosmetic items.

Unless Gamigo can provide some plausible business plan how is this going to be profitable in long term, it's really hard to believe in feasibility of all this. That's why some ppl say it's "quick cashgrab".

I really hope though that Gamigo know what they are doing and they know game better than I do, and this is going to be sucsess.

I am perhaps one of the most skeptical returning players i know, and while you make valid points, if i can get 6 months to a year of entertainment for the low price of $26, then i win!

At the core of AA is still a very greedy company (XL) and nothing a publisher says will change that. In fact if you look at Gamigo's past, you'll see they are essentially Trion 2.0. All signs point to a "pay for convenience" "p2w" game in the near future. My hope is that people will be happy enough with the current incoming system to fill the seas for about a year. After that, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueJustice View Post
    I am perhaps one of the most skeptical returning players i know, and while you make valid points, if i can get 6 months to a year of entertainment for the low price of $26, then i win!

At the core of AA is still a very greedy company (XL) and nothing a publisher says will change that. In fact if you look at Gamigo's past, you'll see they are essentially Trion 2.0. All signs point to a "pay for convenience" "p2w" game in the near future. My hope is that people will be happy enough with the current incoming system to fill the seas for about a year. After that, who knows.
    Please tell me a company that is not greedy in the mmorpg business? These people need money to maintain their company expenses and pay money for the people works there. Because they are distributor, they pay money to XL too.

WoW is p2w, BDO is p2w, GW2 is p2w, Lineage 2 is p2w, Aion is p2w, Blade and Soul is p2w, Tera Online is p2w, Archeage is p2w, Elder Scroll Online is p2w, The Secret World is p2w etc etc which has season pass system, free to play system and even buy to play system. If there is 0 pay to buy things for a mmorpg, how these companies or distributors make some money for the servers and so many other things?

What game is not p2w, please tell us?

Yes, old Trion owners and their GMs ruined this game so hard and they lost their company at the end which they learned a hard lesson "Milking players is not good for years without giving back something in return". That's why Gamigo has done a very good move; but if they cannot manage to continue their promises then it is total FINITO for AA in EU. Already, really nice mmorpgs are coming 2020. Right now, everything depends on their management for the AAU.

Well, we do not yet know the actual credit prices of cash shop items on AAU. My guess is that they will be higher than what we have seen in the legacy version. On the other hand, they can't be too high or people won't buy them (regularly).
    Atm I don't see the business model succeed for a longer time (for the company) but they'll make sure they make their profit somehow :-)
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

People spend hundreds on the current crates just to have a chance at a costume. Weebs in this game will buy every costume that comes out

IŽll buy everything for my 9 alts. I like to be unique

Quote Originally Posted by Paypal View Post
    IŽll buy everything for my 9 alts. I like to be unique
    you mean for you,brother and sister
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Anselmo View Post
    you mean for you,brother and sister
    Yea sry. Thx

+ Reply to Thread