+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Make legacy b2p as well.

  1. #1

    Make legacy b2p as well.

    Honestly, AAU is great. Iím happy that new players will have the opportunity to enjoy archeage again with all these new changes. And old players have that option to go and feel that fresh start server rush again.

    Looking through the changes promised for AAU, if some of the things are actually followed through and the rules against alts and multi boxing is properly enforced I think AAU will be the HEALTHIEST archeage fresh start server release to date.

    Anyways, we have players (a large amount) that donít want to start all over to enjoy the changes that AAU will be having. Me personally, I donít want to keep paying monthly (donít shoot me pls) for this game if thereís literally an option to just buy it one time. I know youíre probably thinking so then just play unchained. Iíve been playing this game since good ol beta. I like where I am with my housing, my vehicles, my costumes, my mounts, pets, gliders, GEARS. I just canít give up 6 years of supporting this game just to be slapped in the face with a cheaper option now to just buy it one time but start all over.

    What do you guys think? I know AAU has other nice features like the removal of multi clien and limiting alts. Iíd be nice to implement those rules to legacy as well for sure but the game being b2p is whatís most interesting to me.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,023
    Because legacy will be subsidizing AAU. Nobody is going to keep spending just to buy cosmetic when they can't play without using optimisation option that make everybody look the same.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Calmlands
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangogogo View Post
    Because legacy will be subsidizing AAU. Nobody is going to keep spending just to buy cosmetic when they can't play without using optimisation option that make everybody look the same.
    Legacy will not be subsidizing AAU by dragging players from Legacy to AAU.
    AA has a very small limited number of players in FS and legacy servers. The populations of all combined are very very low. prob not sustainable as they are now.
    OK introduce AAU!!!!
    players will scramble around choosing AA or AAU. the population cannot be supported by splitting the population over 2 games...you will have ghost town servers on both games
    Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake

  4. #4
    I can already hear the enraged shrieking in the distance from legacy players who would be forced to buy p2w aa just to login to their 5+ year old characters.

    Besides the obvious uproar this would cause, AAU vs legacy isn't just an aspect of B2P vs F2P. AAU has a completely different business model. You can't just turn an existing game with an established player base and economy into a new business model. It doesn't work like that.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Calmlands
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Trest View Post
    I can already hear the enraged shrieking in the distance from legacy players who would be forced to buy p2w aa just to login to their 5+ year old characters.

    Besides the obvious uproar this would cause, AAU vs legacy isn't just an aspect of B2P vs F2P. AAU has a completely different business model. You can't just turn an existing game with an established player base and economy into a new business model. It doesn't work like that.
    yes so it seems a no win situation
    Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake

  6. #6
    Senior Member Zuesprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by Trest View Post
    I can already hear the enraged shrieking in the distance from legacy players who would be forced to buy p2w aa just to login to their 5+ year old characters.

    Besides the obvious uproar this would cause, AAU vs legacy isn't just an aspect of B2P vs F2P. AAU has a completely different business model. You can't just turn an existing game with an established player base and economy into a new business model. It doesn't work like that.
    20-ish dollars to have unlimited Patron and keep my 5 years of progress? Sign me up

    The only problem I could see is the logistics with leftover APEX. Do you refund it or allow accounts a grace period of an account being logged in to use 2 APEX to convert to the new model or pay for the account status change? Then after said period of time making APEX only add credits for the marketplace.

    Legacy could be converted to that business model, but it would require some effort.

    There is a way it just has to be handled differently than AAU
    Dacks- Tahyang/Conviction/Kadum/Wynn

  7. #7
    Senior Member blycee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,049
    Most arent new players and also spend lot money and time on legacy.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    8
    Dont really see the point in it like... they are just being nice keeping legacy open, its the end of legacy from the day unchained was announced. No new players will join legacy and legacy is already very scarce in population.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Luniliel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuesprime View Post
    20-ish dollars to have unlimited Patron and keep my 5 years of progress? Sign me up

    The only problem I could see is the logistics with leftover APEX. Do you refund it or allow accounts a grace period of an account being logged in to use 2 APEX to convert to the new model or pay for the account status change? Then after said period of time making APEX only add credits for the marketplace.

    Legacy could be converted to that business model, but it would require some effort.

    There is a way it just has to be handled differently than AAU
    There is more to it than what you describe here.
    Apex is one thing, but what about Charms/Scrolls/And any other consommables that were bought through the Cash shop.
    Disabling it won't solve the problems and people will just scream for unfairness.

    So either you don't change the economic model, and people will leave because why the heck would i pay a subscription now.
    Or you don't change the economic model, and people will leave because the decisions would be unfair to those that couldn't benefit from it, and the gap between thoses that p2w will no longer be able to reach, so why the heck would i play there.

    There is no solution to this. AAU is just dooming legacy servers... And it would be comprehensive from a buisness POV as it is no longer sustainable (too low pop/people that whale reached their goal)

  10. #10
    Senior Member Zuesprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by Luniliel View Post
    There is more to it than what you describe here.
    Apex is one thing, but what about Charms/Scrolls...snip
    I am not talking about changing the marketplace or removing anything from it . I am just talking about the business model from FTP to BTP. Gamigo can still get money off Legacy players via the Marketplace same as they always have with the exception of APEX for Patron with what I described. I am not asking them to make Legacy AAUL. I am saying if they added the BTP system to Legacy so the people on the fence ONLY because they see the unlimited patron as a reason to start over would have the option to stay where they are.

    I know new players would lean heavily in AAU's favor because fresh start and different marketplace. But current and existing players that see AAU as the only server to be on because of unlimited patron might think differently if Legacy offered that same BTP option.
    Dacks- Tahyang/Conviction/Kadum/Wynn

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts