+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Make legacy b2p as well.

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuesprime View Post
    I am not talking about changing the marketplace or removing anything from it . I am just talking about the business model from FTP to BTP. Gamigo can still get money off Legacy players via the Marketplace same as they always have with the exception of APEX for Patron with what I described. I am not asking them to make Legacy AAUL. I am saying if they added the BTP system to Legacy so the people on the fence ONLY because they see the unlimited patron as a reason to start over would have the option to stay where they are.

    I know new players would lean heavily in AAU's favor because fresh start and different marketplace. But current and existing players that see AAU as the only server to be on because of unlimited patron might think differently if Legacy offered that same BTP option.
    how about just make all accounts patron,limit accounts and keep everything just like it is.
    apex can be used in cash shop and new players can try legacy 4free
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

  2. #12
    Senior Member jahlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paradox HQ
    Posts
    3,173
    You can't just change the business model of a server 5 years in. That's not going to work.

    You could, maybe do an evolution and change the business model with the evolution, but you'd have to do some serious heinous stuff to people and they wouldn't be happy.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Zuesprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by jahlon View Post
    You can't just change the business model of a server 5 years in. That's not going to work.

    You could, maybe do an evolution and change the business model with the evolution, but you'd have to do some serious heinous stuff to people and they wouldn't be happy.
    You mean like offer another set of servers with a better business model and force an evolution of the Legacy servers due to low populations? Because I think another evolution is heinous enough at this juncture of the game but it will happen if AAU stays strong.

    I want what is best for this game I really do. I haven't found another game that checks as many boxes for me as Archeage does. Hell I may even make an AAU purchase just to check it out ( I mean I have so many friends leaving Legacy for it why the hell not right?) but keeping Legacy as is will just bleed subs and eventually be financially foolish to sustain via evolutions causing even more people to leave if AAU keeps it's promises and doesn't go the way of another Fresh Start server.

    Which leads to the question and I don't know the answer or if Gamigo even does: If AAU needs the monetary gain of the Legacy servers model to sustain both business models from the lower gains on the AAU marketplace type and Legacy loses 50%+ of it's population from cannibalizing it's own member base , do both server groups collapse?
    Dacks- Tahyang/Conviction/Kadum/Wynn

  4. #14
    Senior Member Darkshinera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    263
    you can easily put legacy to B2p model too. but ofc Gamigo need do some work for that .

    - Remove sell apex and change apex to credit for ppl own them.
    - Add sell credit system KR have , they can sell box with XXX credit for gold.
    - PPl will still buy stripen labor potion and other item in cash shop.
    - That would remove most F2p alt abusing some quest mecanic ( ofc they could still buy the game one time for each of them)
    - Ppl could choice with no p2w cash shop+3alt(nomultibox)+goldseller or p2w version with cash shop+multibox.
    - Allow tranfer only from no cash shop to cash shop servers.
    - PPl that already buy 1 years patron got 2400 credit for each month patron they already paid.
    * if they realy need keep sub , they could put a premium patron for x2 regen labor if they want. for 10$ each month

    Fp2 version just allow ppl to abuse free quest system with 1000000x account , its why F2p is bad for most game.but sub game could push ppl away , so b2p is most time a good option
    I don't speak English very well, so don't be a bad guy's and try to understand me <3

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkshinera View Post
    you can easily put legacy to B2p model too. but ofc Gamigo need do some work for that .

    - Remove sell apex and change apex to credit for ppl own them.
    - Add sell credit system KR have , they can sell box with XXX credit for gold.
    - PPl will still buy stripen labor potion and other item in cash shop.
    - That would remove most F2p alt abusing some quest mecanic ( ofc they could still buy the game one time for each of them)
    - Ppl could choice with no p2w cash shop+3alt(nomultibox)+goldseller or p2w version with cash shop+multibox.
    - Allow tranfer only from no cash shop to cash shop servers.
    - PPl that already buy 1 years patron got 2400 credit for each month patron they already paid.
    * if they realy need keep sub , they could put a premium patron for x2 regen labor if they want. for 10$ each month

    Fp2 version just allow ppl to abuse free quest system with 1000000x account , its why F2p is bad for most game.but sub game could push ppl away , so b2p is most time a good option
    i can already see the amount of law suits

  6. #16
    just remove everything p2w like make it kapoof and gone. then convert legacy servers to b2p. i dont care about the scrolls and apex, just delete them all together.

  7. #17
    Why do you think they would even consider making legacy buy-to-play? The only possible way for a returning or new player staring over on Legacy is to swipe x amount of cash to catch so he can do content with the small playerbase on legacy... OR to sub for 12 months and do only daily's and rely on the labor regen to get some gear so he can join PvP *** (big note - Eventually after 12months , assuming legacy would still be alive at that point, which there is no guarantee about that happening at all).

    So that leaves to only 1 case here - removing monthly income they get from Patron status, in order to get x amount of income ONCE. And then what?

    So either way, new players and returning players are not welcome by the veterans in legacy servers at all. I returned to legacy last week to test out stuff before AAU, because i haven't played since 2.5version of the game and there is a lot of stuff i want to see and test myself. I have 6.6k gs and im not welcome even in Library(Wynn,Halnaak,Alexander) party because veterans think that im not FIT enough to do a 5 years old lvl55 dungeon content with T3 hiram weapon at divine grade ( which is far better than Ayanad's we had 4 years ago and it was best in slot!!!). So yeah why would a new player or a returning one waste his time on a legacy server, since the vast majority of veterans are rejecting them for any sort of content ?????

    Which means, population on legacy is NOT going to increase. It can only decrease over time, and eventually no one will play legacy anymore.

    So why would they even bother trying to change something when Legacy is doomed to be shutdown? Its only a matter of time before that happens.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    147
    The only reason Legacy exists is to continue milking the 50-ish whales who still fork thousands of USD per month and finance this show. No way it's going b2p.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    15
    Making it the same model as unchained is the stupidest idea i have heard. People who have spent all their money on it will have a massive advantage over new players. The players on there would sue if all their purchased items disappeared overnight. Its a p2win model which people are fine to keep doing. If they want to be on equal footing unchained is there for them.
    Lords of the Dead

    www.LOTD.org

  10. #20
    Senior Member Luniliel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuesprime View Post
    You mean like offer another set of servers with a better business model and force an evolution of the Legacy servers due to low populations? Because I think another evolution is heinous enough at this juncture of the game but it will happen if AAU stays strong.

    I want what is best for this game I really do. I haven't found another game that checks as many boxes for me as Archeage does. Hell I may even make an AAU purchase just to check it out ( I mean I have so many friends leaving Legacy for it why the hell not right?) but keeping Legacy as is will just bleed subs and eventually be financially foolish to sustain via evolutions causing even more people to leave if AAU keeps it's promises and doesn't go the way of another Fresh Start server.

    Which leads to the question and I don't know the answer or if Gamigo even does: If AAU needs the monetary gain of the Legacy servers model to sustain both business models from the lower gains on the AAU marketplace type and Legacy loses 50%+ of it's population from cannibalizing it's own member base , do both server groups collapse?
    i think you really overestimate the profit of what AA legacy is making for its owner.. i mean with ALL THE MONEY trino had amassed during all thoses years, they went bankrupt for a reason.
    Legacy is not sustainable in the long term without jeopardize it by buying cheaper servers (increasing lags/crash which is already present since server were handed to gamigo it appears), having less Support (which is currently happening when you're looking at the forum), Not even to mention that they didn"t go on with the streaming sessions/communication that happened every week (aka completly annihilated the interest of its customers).

    What is happening today is because this is needed for them... It's been 1 years and they probably see the decrease in revenue of AA and it's soon rather than later collapsing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts