+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Unchained: Guild Roster Cap Increase

Even though I'm not really one to speak as I'll just be playing with a couple friends in my guild in Unchained, I just wanted to give my 5 cents to the matter.
    I've heard "Increasing Guild Cap is mandatory" and "Capping the Member Limit of a Guild is one of the many wrong approaches to counter zerging" and "I have x Members in my guild and we all want to play together".

First: If you think theres a better solution to counter Zerging, then make a proposal and forward it to Gamigo. As far as I'm concerned, they seem to be reasonable in their responses about requests to make Unchained a better experience for everyone. If your Solution Indeed is better, I'm sure they'll make it work with XL.

Second: Why do you think increasing the Guild Cap would be mandatory? You all can play together without being in one guild. From my experience, its better to play in small groups of people with same interests and humor the way the game is now. Big Guilds with too many different people always create big Drama which then Leads to The Guild dying.

Which brings us to
    Third: You dont have to be in one guild to do raids. Thats not the way this game is designed anymore.
    What you should do, is set up a Raid Discord for your Faction and work with everyone who's interested in Content. Push your Leaders and most active players into Hero Rankings. Heroes still get their cloaks to Buff your Raid, but thats not the Point. Since the Change in the Hero System we got in January, Heroes also get Flags to Change the Status of PvP Zones to War or Peace, aswell as a set amount of Flares, to Summon the whole Raid they're in. So when Guild Flares dont work anymore, you can resort to Raid Flares.
    With 6.0, the Patch that Unchained is on at launch, the Siege System gets a Huge revamp aswell. Heroes are in Charge of Castles and Siege Raid Lead, and the Castle wont be awarded to a Guild, but to the whole Faction. And the whole Faction can participate in the Siege aswell, while the Raid cap is still at 50 People for that.

So I dont think theres really any Reason to Increase the Guild Cap unless you want to Brag with your Numbers. Which I doubt is worthy of being called a Reason.

Zergs are bad. I hope we don't see a return of them. I'm not convinced the guild member cap stops them.

The guild cap does nothing to stop zergs however 50 players isn't even close to a decent guild size. We need 100 player guilds minimum.
    IDLE Empire

There's no need for a guild cap increase. The publishers are pushing it to have a main focus of faction v faction and today's live stream confirmed it won't be changed as that is straight from xl games. Just be more active on who you want in your main guild and cycle people out to secondary and tertiary guilds depending on who you think needs the main guild more (like who shows up to your evens more, who contributes to the guild more, etc.) Most people complaining about the guild cap aren't even in guilds that can fill up more than 1 raid for daily content anyways.
    Shatterglass
    <BEEF>

My guild is now currently at 100 players and is increasing. We are not going to have secondary guilds, all guilds are going to be treated as the same guild just under a different name. You can have 100 player raids which makes things a lot easier however we shouldn't have to be under different guilds, it's just ridiculous. No one is asking for the guild cap to be raised to 800 like they said on the live stream, we are asking for it to be raised to 100/150/200 which is still smaller then every other mmo out there. 50 players is just ridiculously small. All the people defending the guild cap are in tiny 20 player guilds with their friends.
    IDLE Empire

your guild is currently at 100 players.....How often will all 100 be online? be in Raids? You have to understand that in the image xl games is pushing, there is a difference between guild, community and faction. You can have a large community with guilds that function as one or as an alliance, but they want more focus on the faction participating together to achieve something. Otherwise, things can easily slip into the 1 guild vs all when the cap was 100. People didn't need their faction when they had 100 organized people. Now you do and it brings a new level of importance for heroes (who were basically just useless popularity contest winners who got free stuff for minimal effort). It is a faction v faction game not guild v guild and threads like this won't really accomplish much because xl games wanted it this way.
    Shatterglass
    <BEEF>

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonTaco View Post
    The announcement of ArcheAge: Unchained has created a wave of excitement in the MMO sphere. Not only am I getting back into this game but I'm bringing along my multi-gaming community to AA. There's a lot of high energy and I'm seeing a lot people who played at release who are returning.

I was surprised to learn that AA currently has a guild member cap of 50. My community is bringing in 20 members to start with, and we have a couple recruiting posts for passive recruiting that are attracting prospective members.

If this is a gameplay decision, it doesn't make sense because really large guilds and communities can simply make multiple guilds. But that kind of defeats the purpose. Chat is split, banks are split and in general it makes management a headache.

This arbitrary limit will only hinder returning guilds and communities in ArcheAge. It should either be increased to 100 to 250 or removed entirely. Let groups of come together and organize.

Thank you,

PT
    This needs to change ASAP. Our guild has hundreds wanting to play together. This stops nothing in terms of playing together, but introduces a massive amount of headache for guilds with more than 50. Even in some of the more dead MMOs (DAOC for instance) has hundreds of active members per guild.

This MUST change, and is arbitrary for zero reason. Otherwise our "guild" will simply be an "Alliance" with our guild's name consisting of 5+ guilds.

A lot of the things i've been reading for AA:U seem to be decisions made by people who never played AA. :|

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3