+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Unchained: Guild Roster Cap Increase

Unchained: Guild Roster Cap Increase

The announcement of ArcheAge: Unchained has created a wave of excitement in the MMO sphere. Not only am I getting back into this game but I'm bringing along my multi-gaming community to AA. There's a lot of high energy and I'm seeing a lot people who played at release who are returning.

I was surprised to learn that AA currently has a guild member cap of 50. My community is bringing in 20 members to start with, and we have a couple recruiting posts for passive recruiting that are attracting prospective members.

If this is a gameplay decision, it doesn't make sense because really large guilds and communities can simply make multiple guilds. But that kind of defeats the purpose. Chat is split, banks are split and in general it makes management a headache.

This arbitrary limit will only hinder returning guilds and communities in ArcheAge. It should either be increased to 100 to 250 or removed entirely. Let groups of come together and organize.

Thank you,

PT

Either don't zerg and play with your faction or zerg and put up with the headache lol, they obviously put the cap in place to prevent things like 100+ member guilds.

Limit is way to low especially with the starting being only 30.

yeah i agree with okaylmao. i am not for increasing guild member caps.
    we need variety in game and juicy drama.
    not a fan of zergy guilds having been in one previously. just make alliances its way more fun =]

Quote Originally Posted by OkayLmao View Post
    Either don't zerg and play with your faction or zerg and put up with the headache lol, they obviously put the cap in place to prevent things like 100+ member guilds.
    If 100+ people want to play together why have such a huge inconvenience? Clearly a larger guild is doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by LeNoir View Post
    yeah i agree with okaylmao. i am not for increasing guild member caps.
    we need variety in game and juicy drama.
    not a fan of zergy guilds having been in one previously. just make alliances its way more fun =]
    Having more than 50 members is not zergy. To stay under the cap you either need to be really strict with activity requirements which is its own cancer, or you need to create sub-guilds which doesn't stop a zerg from being a zerg.

I like the 50 cap as well. A 50 person guild is larger than I'd prefer to be in personally, however it's not so large that it's impossible to deal with for an opposing guild of 20-30. Obviously sub guilds can still be created but managing multiple guilds without members feeling alienated, left out or disjointed isn't possible. These problems are already inherent in zerg guilds, just magnified due to the cap. It's not going to work. Aspiring zergs like taco here wouldn't be complaining if it could.

The cap encourages alliances between guilds and I think that the drama and politics makes the game more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonTaco View Post
    If 100+ people want to play together why have such a huge inconvenience? Clearly a larger guild is doing something right.
    This ^

++ Guild space

There should be a better solution to counter zerging. Capping guilds is one of the many incorrect approaches.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast