+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question on landgrab - AAU

Question on landgrab - AAU

So the land grab is locked until the following weekend. However how does this work? Is the server like brought down with everyone logged in, waiting at their desired locations (along with 1 thousand others) it comes up, we all log in and hope to smash our blueprint down in any our ideal spot but ultimately in any fashion possible? (Probably resulting in some of the least optimized spacing imaginable lols) I guess it’s faster finger / connection first? Or is there a process to this that I’m unaware of
    Choops - Dahuta EU (Now retired)

No, the server stays online and there is a server announce (green text) when they unlock the ability to place designs. At that point it's a free for all.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Nobody knows how it will work. They may bring down the server with a restart to allow everyone a shot at getting on the server rather then just having the afk macroers stay online.
    Lords of the Dead

www.LOTD.org

Standard method is that people go to the area they hope to put stuff down and wait. 1 hour before land grab, you start seeing green messages in chat, which is basically counting down to the moment when you can place house/farms. It will go to 15 minutes, then 5 minutes, then 1 minute. Then you try to start dropping stuff and hope your ping is good. However, this should be different from the merges, in that due to the account number restriction there should be less people to vie for land with. IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshox View Post
    Nobody knows how it will work. They may bring down the server with a restart to allow everyone a shot at getting on the server rather then just having the afk macroers stay online.
    Actually, yes we do know how it works.

Been through it more than once, and it actually is one of the most dependable and fair methods that they could come up with.

Historically all has not gone well on new servers regarding land grabs. The Inoch to Hanure transition comes to mind when the congestion caused some people to become locked off the server. After the land rush was complete and everyone had their farms placed, Trin0 said nvm, reset the server, took back everyone's land, and made everyone do a whole new land rush.

Lets a bit count how many "land" can grab character. If you do not strain too much, then you can get about 150 Gilda Star by the beginning of the landrash. For 24x24 structure it's not enough, need minimum 200-300. but if doing all daily gilda quest it's possible.
    Is another restriction - tax certs. Before landrush we can't create em (in current version), only after placing and building first structure. By the quests we will get about 50 tax certs + we can craft another ~80 from 5000 labor points.
    Placing two first 16x16 structure will be cost 30 tax certs for each, every another one structure will be increase taxes by 100% if I not mistaken. So third 16x16 structure will be cost 40 and fourth 60, with increasment previeous taxes payment to last state - next payment for each structure will be cost ~40 tax certs. Simply put for placement 4 structures 16x16 size, you will be need 160 tax certs with weekly payment 40 taxes for each.
    But here another restriction - you cant put 4 unbuild structures from one character, only 2. So, a character will be need a time (if it will have) to build.
    And here suddenly (TA-DAM!) exist the ability to create additional accounts that can solve many of the problems described above.
    Described problems that can be appears according to the current version of the game. What we can get in 6.0 can say only PTS (for example farm cart quest for other localisation version have all components for build, nothing didnt need to buy).

Quote Originally Posted by Bondage View Post
    Historically all has not gone well on new servers regarding land grabs. The Inoch to Hanure transition comes to mind when the congestion caused some people to become locked off the server. After the land rush was complete and everyone had their farms placed, Trin0 said nvm, reset the server, took back everyone's land, and made everyone do a whole new land rush.

OK, so you are complaining that Trion did a rollback... because login disconnects prevented the majority of the players from logging in... and the lucky few that managed to stay in game got all the land?

Why not bring up Auroria? That was Reason - and Trion said so - that Trion had to add Rollback technology to their servers. They did not have the ability to Rollback at that time, and it was truly a disaster.

But saying that 'bad things have happened' is ridiculous. Why aren't you talking about the last Two land grabs I have been involved in, where everything went Exactly as planned and there were no issues whatsoever? Why is there this 'need' to always bring up the Bad stuff and 'forget' about all the times things have worked just fine?

People are weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymio View Post
    Lets a bit count how many "land" can grab character. If you do not strain too much, then you can get about 150 Gilda Star by the beginning of the landrash. For 24x24 structure it's not enough, need minimum 200-300. but if doing all daily gilda quest it's possible.
    Is another restriction - tax certs. Before landrush we can't create em (in current version), only after placing and building first structure. By the quests we will get about 50 tax certs + we can craft another ~80 from 5000 labor points.
    Placing two first 16x16 structure will be cost 30 tax certs for each, every another one structure will be increase taxes by 100% if I not mistaken. So third 16x16 structure will be cost 40 and fourth 60, with increasment previeous taxes payment to last state - next payment for each structure will be cost ~40 tax certs. Simply put for placement 4 structures 16x16 size, you will be need 160 tax certs with weekly payment 40 taxes for each.
    But here another restriction - you cant put 4 unbuild structures from one character, only 2. So, a character will be need a time (if it will have) to build.
    And here suddenly (TA-DAM!) exist the ability to create additional accounts that can solve many of the problems described above.
    Described problems that can be appears according to the current version of the game. What we can get in 6.0 can say only PTS (for example farm cart quest for other localisation version have all components for build, nothing didnt need to buy).
    Some things you are not taking into account. One - Farms. People will have 8 x 8 and 16 x 16. Two - Tax certs are Character bound. Your Alts can't hand your main their certs. Can't make unbound tax certs until skill 230,000.

I was some of the few I think like 10 percent that actually was able to login after a merge. It was great. I grabbed great pieces of land that I knew I was not going to keep. It was unfair. I was still able to get what I wanted on the rollback. Not quite like the 1st time. The merges suck. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by anitabeer View Post
    OK, so you are complaining that Trion did a rollback... because login disconnects prevented the majority of the players from logging in... and the lucky few that managed to stay in game got all the land?

Why not bring up Auroria? That was Reason - and Trion said so - that Trion had to add Rollback technology to their servers. They did not have the ability to Rollback at that time, and it was truly a disaster.

But saying that 'bad things have happened' is ridiculous. Why aren't you talking about the last Two land grabs I have been involved in, where everything went Exactly as planned and there were no issues whatsoever? Why is there this 'need' to always bring up the Bad stuff and 'forget' about all the times things have worked just fine?

People are weird.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast