+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AAU: Question about Name Reservatation and early character creation

Question AAU: Question about Name Reservatation and early character creation

Is the name reservation and early character creation also going to basically be a pre download of the entire game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aneu View Post
    I think that if there are large enough differences between the different publishers then its quite clear that the publisher has more sway with XLGames than TRION are giving them credit for - which raises even more questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillodon View Post
    Boys, we've got a plumber infestation on Pirate's Fate. I'm gonna need 5 all-terrain Krakens and a tactical Anthalon on my signal, over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalftheblackbeard View Post
    Is the name reservation and early character creation also going to basically be a pre download of the entire game?
    Names are tied to the server you select and have been that way with every launch/merge etc so yes you will have to wait for them to update Glyph to add AA Unchained to the launcher, plug the servers in and download the game before you can reserve a name. This isn't a channel system like BDO where they can add the name and it affects all of it so it is up to when Gamigo has the infrastructure ready to go.
    Dacks- Tahyang/Conviction/Kadum/Wynn

I think the answer to your question is 'Yes'. In order to create the character, you have to have servers to log in to. In order to log in to servers, you have to have the game installed. Once you can log in the game, you can select the server, then create the character and give it a name. Once the name is accepted the character is established on that server ready to play. However, the server itself will be Offline and you will have to wait until it goes Online to play.

So, when the Unchained label is added to the list of games on the left side when you pull up Glyph to login to AA, you will be able to click on it, login (which verifies you have purchased the game), and then it should have commands to download and install the game. After that, its normal login, create character, wait for servers to come online.

IMHO

Since you have to buy the game, and all 3 flavours offer name reservation, I am not sure how they will do this. Everyone who pre-purchases will have the same opportunity to 'reserve' a name and so it will almost certainly come down to 'who is fastest' and once the name is gone on that server it is gone.

+ Reply to Thread