+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Alts blocking the pirates faction

Alts blocking the pirates faction

Since the Pirate rework we're having a maximum cap for pirates (100)
    This cap was a good idea and worked pretty well on KR i'm sure, but on EU/NA, due to the multiple alts the pirate faction became unbearable.

When the patch came
    The day the pirate faction came, the faction was overloaded (Ex : 285/100 on jakar), so for many months it was just impossible to get in. As the requirement are just to log in once in a week, even alts would never be forced to leave, this resulted by the death of the guilds on pirate factions (atleast from Taris & Jakar from what i know) because they could simply not recruit while losing people.

Situation never changed
    When the real players gave up on the pirate faction, and started the leave, the cap was always at maximum. Because everytime someone was leaving, an alt was taking the spot instantly. We came to a point that it's very rare to see pirates playing, maybe 10 actives players at best for Jakar.

New business
    With the call of the nation rework, the PN members were looking for a new home,and that is why the people who were holding the pirate spots, started to sell them. Today the price is up to 10k gold for 1 spot. As the pirate faction is completely blocked for months, and it's very rare to find a spot, people have no choice but to buy theses. But this is not how the devs intended to do it.

Possible solutions
    - Could remove the pirate cap, completely. As the game was always meant to be 3 way factions to balance, i think this is the best option.
    - Increase the cap to 250
    - Put harder requirement, like leadership/week, gearscore, activity, ...
    - You can manualy remove theses alts by hand checking whatever you think is making them alts (activity, gear,..) since there is only 100/server.

Yes, this crisis has led to the death of the pirate faction and needs to be fixed ASAP!!!
    Jean Parisot
    Pirate for Life

"This isn't duelling pistols at dawn. This is war. You never want to fight fair.
    You want to sneak up behind your enemy and club him over the head."
    - Starbuck, BSG

Yes pls do something and dont let us wait 3 months till u finaly heard something from xl... cause till then there will be nobody left to join the pirate nation anymore..

Yes i hope u do fix this pirate problem on the next patch D: otherwhise people just leave the game because of no content since there will be nothing to pvp in future

I don't understand the need for a cap on the pirate faction. XLGames seriously needs to start treating the Pirates as a third legitimate faction instead of finding weird new ways to gimp them at every opportunity.

It is quite bad that daily 20-40 minute events such as Halcy and Red Dragon have higher requirements than a flippin faction swap.. Removing the cap would solve the alt block issue.. But at least consider adding a level, gear score and activity limitation to discourage the players from blocking with characters that aren't their mains.

There is more green pirates than real pirate cause of the cap... Which is kinda sad... They should do something to fix it.

I totally agree. This begin to be ridiculous. Remove this cap, or increase the requirements to enter, it's easy. Listen to your community at least one time in your life :/

Yes pls do something and Removing the cap because the pirate faction is broken

Yes

Remove pirate faction!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast