+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AAU Bards Question

Question AAU Bards Question

Hello!
    Coming back for AAU and wanting to get back into the music scene in AA, looking for updated forums,groups,etc.
    Thank you!
    • Noticed AA MML isn't really used anymore, is there anything up to date where people share music?
    • It seems 3MLE is specifically for Maplestory2 and Mabinogi, anyone using something else to convert?

Music in AA is a niche in a niche game sadly. It may gain popularity if AAU holds strong but as of now there are very few people that do MML on the Legacy servers. And as such that I know of, there are not any dedicated sites for the subject at hand.

3MLE has a couple different versions, and yes I have noticed a version that is MS/Mab specific but there are more I just don't know if they are still on the web to d/l . I know folks that use FL Studio to make MML's on but I haven't sunk any time into it personally.

I know of quite a few people that are going to AAU that used to do music but not all of them are N/A players so you will find some in-game just not at first considering the amount of effort required before it starts to pay off in sheet music length.
    Dacks- Tahyang/Conviction/Kadum/Wynn

I'm not really gonna invest in AAU and I didn't participate in AA or any other MML community, but my process for writing music usually goes like this:

1- Use FL Studio to write my own midi (really, your own preferred tool for this as long as you can get 1 note per channel- you can have more than 3 now btw!)
    2- Run midi through 3MLE and export an optimized version
    3- Manually comb through to fix the n## characters (usually the one-off octave change notes) and octaves and default length Ls.

I don't know if the new 3MLE>Maple version exports any differently but I guess I've just always used the Mabi version and then fixed the MML manually for AA.

I think 3MLE does provide a way to click notes in, and I guess it's still better than just handwriting MML (... I haven't done that since I was at 200 char limit lol), but Midi>3MLE>handfix is my tl;dr

I was told recently of people grabbing midi from sites like musescore (the com, not org one xD) and converting that somehow (I'm sure through 3MLE in the end). I can't argue they have some fair quality stuff but I prefer having my own unique music or SFX than copy#50-of-careless-whisper lol.

Thank you both! As long as I'm not missing information then nothing else I can do. =p

+ Reply to Thread