+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AAU PoppyGate

AAU PoppyGate

To progress your MSQ past level 45 everyone will need poppy. Awakening your quest gear to Hiram comes after the quest that requires poppy, so unless you have this flower you will be unable to awaken your gear.

Poppy can be found growing naturally on the Nuian continent on the road from Marianople leading to White Arden. All the poppy that grows in this area will be available as soon as the server opens.

Rushing to this area will ensure you have poppy for your quest, and it will also allow you to sell the remainder on the AH for a huge profit.

You can also obtain poppy seeds from the vocation shop for 90 vocation each. To get vocation you will have to first be in a family, and then complete a family quest to get the vocation needed. After you have your seed, if you grow Poppy in a temperate climate, it will be 24 hours before your poppy is ready to be harvested. There is also no public farm option for growing poppy. It will have to be planted illegally.

This means if you are east or if you are not one of the fortunate few who are able to rush to marianople and harvest the naturally growing poppy, you will not be getting T1 Hiram until at least ~20 hours after the fortunate few did. This is assuming there is enough of a supply on the AH to give everyone the poppy they need.

I know this same quest was brought up in previous FS servers. IMO it wasn't as big of a deal then because we didn't have quest gear that would awaken into what will be our end game gear. But I know the community asked Trion back then to look at the requirements for this quest and either remove the poppy or exchange it with a different ingredient.

Given the fact that they are claiming to be taking feedback from the community and changing things as needed, and given the fact that this seems like an artificial gate, if there is enough support for this topic maybe we can get it changed.

Please discuss the pros and cons of changing the level 45 MSQ requirement of poppy.

They deny land placement therefore that quest requirement needs to change.
    It should change regardless as a Poppy business is too profitable and limits other avenue/proficieny growth for a fresh server so jam packed and reliant on Hiram for PvP relevance.

This is a complete nothing burger.

Let players find sandbox solutions to problems in a sandbox game.
    Tyranthin - Ebonsong - <X I> - Wynn (East)
    Coraxxas - Primeval - <Ghost> - Kadum (HAUNTED)
    Tyranthin - Ebonsong - <Emeritus> - Kadum (East)/Nui (East)

You've never had one question, so comfortable living life so certain.
    Let me tell you about this then, no one really knows the truth. No, not you.

Follow me on Twitch and Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Warhead42 View Post

I think for players like you and me we don't see a huge issue.

I'm confident i'll be able to get my poppy one way or another and be gated pretty minimally. I have a lot of friends playing and we are rolling West so I think my chances are decent enough.

But, as a veteran player I also recognize this game is only going to be fun if it can not only attract new players but retain them. If unofficial estimates are correct theres going to be at least 20,000 people playing per server. That means a demand of at least 100,000 poppy in the first 24 hours.

New players will likely be gated longer due to giving up for the day and just logging out. They could be waiting 3-4 days before they can even get their T1 hiram. By this time all those people that got their poppy are already going to be farming in auroria. It will only impact the new player more when they are getting dunked on everywhere they go and falling further behind.

I think if this was an intended mechanic its fine, but its not. The quest was never created with the intention of gating people. Quest gear turning into hiram gear was a design element on KR where Unchained isn't a concept they are pursuing. Therefore it should be reconsidered as it is serving a different purpose than intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhead42 View Post

Yes us veterans will enjoy smelling each others butts at the top, jesus...

"You can also obtain poppy seeds from the vocation shop for 90 vocation each. To get vocation you will have to first be in a family, and then complete a family quest to get the vocation needed." So your saying we no longer receive vocation badges for farming and gathering? And only if we are part of a family?
    Mysticronin ancestral lvl 7 firran on Thunderwing

Take some time to just look around in game, go gliding from the mountain tops. Go sailing on the seas, there is so much to see and do. Explore this world with me.

Quick guide how to get poppy:

1. chop one or two trees which are everywhere, or collect some random plants to earn vocation. Or create a family to do the quest.
    2. go to Vocation vendor, buy seed
    3. search a nice place, f.eks a brush or mountain place the seed (make sure nobody sees you)
    4. come back again to collect....

Other method:

1. Search the land and lookout if someone placed a seed for you

And another method:

1. Wait one week build your farm be lucky....

There is nothing, absolutly nothing which needs to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagi View Post
    Then why have you surrended to AAU staffs methods of dissallowing land placement until the weekend, it falls under the same bracket.

"We want land placements avaliable when most people are on"

"We want Hiram to be avaliable to most people" (not the case for now!)

This is 34h growth, anything can happen to it!
    Keep trying to defend an extremely long and uncertain task which, should definetly have AA working as intended with at least an 8x8 patch. We'll see the top milk this for all it's work on the AH, "very deserved, I'm leet and knowledgeable!"

Quote Originally Posted by druidronin View Post
    "You can also obtain poppy seeds from the vocation shop for 90 vocation each. To get vocation you will have to first be in a family, and then complete a family quest to get the vocation needed." So your saying we no longer receive vocation badges for farming and gathering? And only if we are part of a family?
    I just listed the easiest and fastest option. You get 1 vocation for havesting I believe so you'd have to plant 90 fast growing seeds to get 1 poppy seed, so like 270 seeds before you could get the 3 poppy seeds you need. I think family quest would be much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagi View Post
    I totally agree, and you probably agree that the Devs should revert the changes they made to trade pack matts for West so that they are not able to get their improved farms until East has enough time to grow the matts. Right? Because you're a "No Changes" tough guy right?

Right...we don't need no Devs to fix imbalances in the factions.....We'll just sandbox the sandbox.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast