+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pay 2 Win or Play 2 Win?

Pay 2 Win or Play 2 Win?

I'm posting this because I feel it needs to be out in the open.

There was a metaphorical cheer all around when Gamingo announced that they were introducing ArcheAge: Unchained and removing the Pay to Win aspects within the game. A new level playing field where everyone had the chance to compete equally. And to give Gamingo the respect they deserve, they are listening to the potential player base and falling over backwards to remove the P2W elements as they are pointed out to them.

Now people are beginning to realise something that was obvious to anyone who has played a MMO; some people can "Play to Win". The more time a person can devote to playing his or her character, the stronger that character will become in relation to someone who only plays casually. Some people don't like this and want this stopped or checked in some way, but why?

What is wrong with a person who can spend time playing the game benefiting? Are we saying that the game should be brought down to the lowest common denominator so that no one gets ahead?

If that is truly what people are thinking than I have a suggestion for Gamingo. Do away with the new servers and introduce a series of AA:U PTSs where we have Fluffy commands to get everything that everyone else has and no-one has an advantage.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Feanurr View Post
    I'm posting this because I feel it needs to be out in the open.

There was a metaphorical cheer all around when Gamingo announced that they were introducing ArcheAge: Unchained and removing the Pay to Win aspects within the game. A new level playing field where everyone had the chance to compete equally. And to give Gamingo the respect they deserve, they are listening to the potential player base and falling over backwards to remove the P2W elements as they are pointed out to them.

Now people are beginning to realise something that was obvious to anyone who has played a MMO; some people can "Play to Win". The more time a person can devote to playing his or her character, the stronger that character will become in relation to someone who only plays casually. Some people don't like this and want this stopped or checked in some way, but why?

What is wrong with a person who can spend time playing the game benefiting? Are we saying that the game should be brought down to the lowest common denominator so that no one gets ahead?

If that is truly what people are thinking than I have a suggestion for Gamingo. Do away with the new servers and introduce a series of AA:U PTSs where we have Fluffy commands to get everything that everyone else has and no-one has an advantage.
    u can play less but everyday (like ~20h/week) and go ahead than some1 who can play ~40h but only 4days per week
    "play daily to win" - some ppl are afraid that there will be no catch up mechanic. No more vacation with family or other days offs :P

THANK YOU! All the P2Wers crying now that they'll fall behind... well go play f2p AA and you can easily keep up! Your version already exists! So stop crying!

"Playing to win" IS HOW MMOS SHOULD BE! I'm very aware it is a game and should be played for fun and not treated like a second job, but we ALL know MMOs take a certain level of dedication and time to get what we want in it. If you can't give some time to MMOs maybe like you did in the past maybe consider not playing MMOs anymore? Just a thought. /rant
    ||Meow! Nya~Nya~Nya!
    Hi WarriorPoets is recruiting for AAU! | Wynn | East
    Who seeks shall find.

I dont care if someone gets ahead because they play more. I care about being held back because I play less. There's a difference.

The problem is the gating, if you play 7 days a week for 1h you reach more in terms of diligence coins than I if I keep playing 48h on the weekend.
    Why do you keep crying when people merely want the chance to play more to catch up if they couldn't play for a day or two?

You say people that play more should be better so please give all people the chance to play more.

No one asked for welfare archepass progression.

If you can't give some time to MMOs maybe like you did in the past maybe consider not playing MMOs anymore? Just a thought. /rant
    If you have so much time maybe you should move out of your moms basement and get a job.
    Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Minori View Post
    If you have so much time maybe you should move out of your moms basement and get a job.
    Just a thought.
    That is not very nice and very unoriginal.

You can make your point without the insults.
    ||Meow! Nya~Nya~Nya!
    Hi WarriorPoets is recruiting for AAU! | Wynn | East
    Who seeks shall find.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuna View Post
    That is not very nice and very unoriginal.

You can make your point without the insults.
    Excuse me, but I found your last comment equally lame.

I mean, a game like ArcheAge with it's housing does attract less hardcore audiences as well.
    I think it's just mean to basically say they shouldn't play.

Quote Originally Posted by Minori View Post
    Why do you keep crying when people merely want the chance to play more to catch up if they couldn't play for a day or two?

You say people that play more should be better so please give all people the chance to play more.
    If that's aimed at the OP, I think you have comprehension issues. As this is my first post of the subject how then do I "keep crying?"

Further to that, where in my OP do I say that a person shouldn't be able to catch up? I argue that a person who plays "more" should benefit. I've copied the relevant paragraphs to save you having to scroll up and check.

"The more time a person can devote to playing his or her character, the stronger that character will become in relation to someone who only plays casually. Some people don't like this and want this stopped or checked in some way, but why?

What is wrong with a person who can spend time playing the game benefiting? Are we saying that the game should be brought down to the lowest common denominator so that no one gets ahead?"

Please note at no time do I stipulate when a person should be playing; be it only at weekends; four times a week; daily or be continuously logged 24/7: Simply that the player who plays more hours than someone who plays casually should have a reward for their effort.

I thought this thread was created as response to the other threads where people ask for that.

If that is not the case, where did you get that from?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast