+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: @Devs: Please delay character/name reservation

  1. #1
    Senior Member Nerrivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Rokhala Reflecting Pools, Taris
    Posts
    320

    @Devs: Please delay character/name reservation

    Ok. After yet another maintenance, the PTS is yet again unplayable/unreachable. Presumably because the login server can't handle the load. I therefore respectfully request a pushback of character and name reservations until such time that you can guarantee stable access for all players. Thank you.
    "Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much."

    Oscar Wilde on ArcheAge

  2. #2
    Member Kuldaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Naima
    Posts
    95
    If they were to push it back, they would still need to at least have this up by the 10th. They can't delay it much longer without also delaying the launch of Unchained all together. Which honestly wouldn't surprise me. I'm just glad they didn't release Unchained on the 1st. Could you imagine if the current PTS was the actual release. Eek.

  3. #3
    If you wanna delay, the next date will be 12 october and thats way to late for name reservation.

    and there wont be a huge load, since its only character creation. You can't login so there wont be much load on the server.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangrifa View Post
    and there wont be a huge load, since its only character creation. You can't login so there wont be much load on the server.
    The login server is the problem. Doesn’t matter whether or not we can log in. It would most likely cause problems. We can’t even create chars atm. If you delete your current character now, you most likely won’t be able to create any new characters. That is how broken the login servers are atm.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Balde View Post
    The login server is the problem. Doesn’t matter whether or not we can log in. It would most likely cause problems. We can’t even create chars atm. If you delete your current character now, you most likely won’t be able to create any new characters. That is how broken the login servers are atm.
    This is not true at all..
    I was able to delete my character and make a new one.. but it takes a day to delete each character. Much easier to buy the free character expansions slots and just open up more slots :P

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    535
    Char creation and name reservation will be on the planned live server so a clean server. That means there's no need for deleting a char.
    But yes they need a stable login before they can do this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittletits View Post
    This is not true at all..
    I was able to delete my character and make a new one.. but it takes a day to delete each character. Much easier to buy the free character expansions slots and just open up more slots :P
    I think he's talking about on PTS and I think they removed the char delete timer on PTS because I was able to delete a char without the timer the other day.

    I wonder if the issues we're having now are linked to the change to remove the char delete timer.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts