+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Healers, Need Advice Please :)

the points left in edgewalker were left unallocated as there were skill changes coming in an upcoming patch (i knew they were coming in advance i just didn't have the exact values due to korean to english translation not being exact). that patch has hit now updated build "https://archeagecodex.com/us/calc/534684" i dropped holy bolt as i rarely used it picked up the new mana barrier for the ancestral (nice gap closer get me to someone who needs healing fast + shield), picked up healing circle (again new ancestral the flower version. tho everyone uses it so be warned in pvp it might not last so long) and picked up death's vengeance, it's a nice anti melea defence (if they kill you they get stunlocked for 6 seconds) + can be triggered manually by using play dead (6 second stun reduced to 3). good combo in pvp target enemy in the front lines shadow step behind quickly hit play dead setting your death's vengeance off, stand up again asap and teleport out. death's vengeance also combo's with revive to make a massive aoe heal (but will consume all remaining mana, best used as a last resort when mana is already low or you'r facing a raid wipe and need a last ditch move). finally remember to use play dead to remove death's vengeance if you intend to rez anyone you look realy dumb tryna rez some one and end up blowing all your mana and dont even rez lol.

Quote Originally Posted by caffienatedidiot View Post
    the points left in edgewalker were left unallocated as there were skill changes coming in an upcoming patch (i knew they were coming in advance i just didn't have the exact values due to korean to english translation not being exact). that patch has hit now updated build "https://archeagecodex.com/us/calc/534684" i dropped holy bolt as i rarely used it picked up the new mana barrier for the ancestral (nice gap closer get me to someone who needs healing fast + shield), picked up healing circle (again new ancestral the flower version. tho everyone uses it so be warned in pvp it might not last so long) and picked up death's vengeance, it's a nice anti melea defence (if they kill you they get stunlocked for 6 seconds) + can be triggered manually by using play dead (6 second stun reduced to 3). good combo in pvp target enemy in the front lines shadow step behind quickly hit play dead setting your death's vengeance off, stand up again asap and teleport out. death's vengeance also combo's with revive to make a massive aoe heal (but will consume all remaining mana, best used as a last resort when mana is already low or you'r facing a raid wipe and need a last ditch move). finally remember to use play dead to remove death's vengeance if you intend to rez anyone you look realy dumb tryna rez some one and end up blowing all your mana and dont even rez lol.
    Why do you not take resurgence or even skewer?! It's honestly just dumb to not have both of those.

I'm still deciding on if i like the new healing circles. The flower obviously lasts a long time, but a it has 2 hp (which means 2 hits) so even an electric shock kills it instantly. Not to mention, people need to actually stand in it.

when i shared my builds originally it was because someone was asking for advice so i shared the 3 builds i use most. there is no perfect build and will vary greatly on content. as i stated in a previous post edgewalker is my run a round spec designed to fit most content primarily open world however iv yet to come across any instanced content that i cant heal with it, including noriette. however it is based of my play style and my gear and your always free to move points around. for example you mentioned about the flower only having 2 hp, if you drop thwart you can pick up boon (drop flower + pop boon) your flower now has 4k hp for 20 seconds fyi it can only take a max of 1hp in damage per hit.

honestly i dropped resurgence and skewer cos i rarely use them in the content i play and had to make a choice based on what is more useful to me (this will change in the upcoming patch were we get 2 more skill points). its worth noting im considered to be a group healer and aim to heal large groups over individual targets. im not incapable of single target healing it's just that in most group content i always found there was a large number of clerics and such that specialized in single target healing so i searched for a way of doing something just a little bit different.

pls understand when i post builds on here there to give someone advice or a place to start. i know they work because iv used them for a very long time. however that doesn't mean there right for everyone and i fully expect people to take these builds and adjust them to suite their own play style and the content they're playing, so please remember that when your calling anything "dumb". if you disagree you're welcome to post your own builds hell i might even give them a try.

ps, the original post is several months old the face of content has changed considerably since this was posted. also i started a new toon a few months back and my healer no longer receives 100% of my attention. hes still there fully geared but im having way too much fun playing an attack speed mage blowing up all the melea's that made my life a living hell as a cloth healer

pss you could always drop mirror's light to pick one of the two up if needed (however it will break the absorb life force combo), tho tbh i rarely use it cos of the range limitation mostly just on cr/gr when everyone's stacked on the hound its a nifty low mana group heal.

about the edgewalker build, it's possible that it's me there remember wrong about the points first time you posted them - it's been a while since i looked last time

Agreed there isn't a perfect build, as you mention it comes down to play style, gear and what the player wants. With that said, I do use posted builds as a base to start from and adjust if I find it nessesary, at least i don't start with nothing if I want to try a new class
    EU-Jakar

Quote Originally Posted by caffienatedidiot View Post
    when i shared my builds originally it was because someone was asking for advice so i shared the 3 builds i use most. there is no perfect build and will vary greatly on content. as i stated in a previous post edgewalker is my run a round spec designed to fit most content primarily open world however iv yet to come across any instanced content that i cant heal with it, including noriette. however it is based of my play style and my gear and your always free to move points around. for example you mentioned about the flower only having 2 hp, if you drop thwart you can pick up boon (drop flower + pop boon) your flower now has 4k hp for 20 seconds fyi it can only take a max of 1hp in damage per hit.

honestly i dropped resurgence and skewer cos i rarely use them in the content i play and had to make a choice based on what is more useful to me (this will change in the upcoming patch were we get 2 more skill points). its worth noting im considered to be a group healer and aim to heal large groups over individual targets. im not incapable of single target healing it's just that in most group content i always found there was a large number of clerics and such that specialized in single target healing so i searched for a way of doing something just a little bit different.

pls understand when i post builds on here there to give someone advice or a place to start. i know they work because iv used them for a very long time. however that doesn't mean there right for everyone and i fully expect people to take these builds and adjust them to suite their own play style and the content they're playing, so please remember that when your calling anything "dumb". if you disagree you're welcome to post your own builds hell i might even give them a try.

ps, the original post is several months old the face of content has changed considerably since this was posted. also i started a new toon a few months back and my healer no longer receives 100% of my attention. hes still there fully geared but im having way too much fun playing an attack speed mage blowing up all the melea's that made my life a living hell as a cloth healer
    I guess just assumed you used these builds in pvp, but you're correct. Just about any vitalism spec with any amount of points can heal any pve content in the game. However, with that said, i still can't fathom why you would not want resurgence and skewer. An instant cast 10s HoT that can fully heal almost any target during that duration. Set it and forget it.

Skewer is an instant cast skill that not only heals but applys impale to enemies caught in it. This is especially useful in nory, an instant aoe ranged cc + heal.

p.s. Don't remove mirrors light, that's another insanely powerful ability.

Also, i'm not sure about future changes to the game, but with the increased skillpoints does that mean we go back to the days of having to 'purchase' passives as well?

Quote Originally Posted by sobin View Post
    I guess just assumed you used these builds in pvp, but you're correct. Just about any vitalism spec with any amount of points can heal any pve content in the game. However, with that said, i still can't fathom why you would not want resurgence and skewer. An instant cast 10s HoT that can fully heal almost any target during that duration. Set it and forget it.

Skewer is an instant cast skill that not only heals but applys impale to enemies caught in it. This is especially useful in nory, an instant aoe ranged cc + heal.

p.s. Don't remove mirrors light, that's another insanely powerful ability.

Also, i'm not sure about future changes to the game, but with the increased skillpoints does that mean we go back to the days of having to 'purchase' passives as well?
    i do use the builds in pvp and very effectively however gear level is a factor at nearly 15k gs every ability is insanely powerful (if your built right).
    i can already fully heal even a top geared tank in a single cast but then i am at the cast time hard cap so i can just hit antithesis and do the job of a hot in less time. skewer was dropped because it was seldom used same with resurgence, like i said im a group healer not a single target healer, yes skewer is a nice group heal unfortunately due to skill point limitations right now i had no choice. in order to get death's vengeance points had to be dropped. death's vengeance in pvp is outstanding both in offence and in defence, most reds will see the buff on your bar and leave you alone at least at the start of any engagement, they wont risk a 6 second stun lock iv seen front lines fold for that very reason. like it or not it's a common tactic in pvp to kill the healers 1st and a dead healer heals nothing, death's vengeance is a cheap and dirty solution that will make most reds think twice at least at the beginning, 9 times out of 10 times they will rather leave you and go for someone else and come back for the the squishy later. in nory you realy shouldn't be dependant on the healer to cc if your teams built right someone else has that job, i mean extra cc is always nice but i've never needed it. in my group my job is to heal and stay alive that's it, every other job is taken care of and as long as everyone do's there part were guaranteed to win everytime.

at the end of the day im just making suggestions on here cos ppl asked that's all. iv seid many times throughout this thread these are just the builds i use and everyone's free to chop and change the skills as they see fit.

i only know a few things about the upcoming patch im still waiting on a full korean to english translation, however iv heard from multiple sources were going to be getting two more skill points coupled with some other skill changes, i dont want to comment too much on thoughs other changes mainly cos they sound rather surprising and would like to no more before i start making wild announcements on the forum. the two skill points i trust but the other changes my sources are talking about sound awesome but a bit out of the norm that i would expect from xl so will wait for a proper english translation before i bank on anything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4