+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Healers, Need Advice Please :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kjask View Post
    Hey,

anyone have infos how a Healer in PVP can survive? I see again many many Melee Class and i dont know, how a Cloth healer can survive against them. After Plate got more Mana Consume, maybe its not so good for healing then.

When i played Archeage on release i had a Templar and it was a Monster in PVP, but they changed so many skills and nowadays he would be useless in pve or pvp.

Can a Doombringer or Edgewalker surive 2-3 Darkrunner or Archer?
    my favourite edgewalker high mobility and good cc + powerful healing that only gets better in the next patch (despite the mend nerf). ok this is going to read allot like a guide but iv been playing edgewalker for around 6 months so have picked up allot + its one of my Favourite builds.

important things to note with edgewalker you are not tanky, you are evasive. you dont dodge attacks directly like with the agility stat, instead if you end up in trouble you teleport to safety and with the ancestral teleport (auromancy) you can teleport far rng willing, iv had it proc that many times i went out of whm and was half way through reedwind before it went into cool down (its rare but multi proc happens more often than you think). comets boon is great for run speed allowing you to run round and heal your team very quickly. popping thwart (ancestral) will reduce its cool down and give a defensive boost to your team mates. worth noting in the up coming patch mana barrier is changing to a 30m teleport + shield this works great with the edgewalker play style more mobility is all ways good. mend spam is an edge walkers bread and butter it eats your mana so a degree of mana management is strongly advised, however its powerful and if positioned correctly can heal an entire team (it is getting nerfed a bit in the next patch however the new ancestral healing circle more than makes up for it). defensive, deaths vengeance is amazing you pop that on and in most pvp you go from the first to die to the last (as long as your enemy notices), reason being if you are killed by an enemy player you explode stun locking everything in melee range around you for 6 seconds. most players will choose to ignore you rather than take a 6 sec stun lock iv seen it lock up entire front lines, if your groups smart they can take full advantage of that and melt through your enemy while there helpless. worth noting you can trigger deaths vengeance yourself at anytime by hitting play dead (will only be a 3 second stun lock) shadow step, play dead is a great combo. i often target my groups initiator and as he jumps in hit that combo to provide an instant stun lock then teleport to safety. a few words of warning deaths vengeance cobos with revive to make a massive heal at the cost of all your mana. this can be use full in rare instances if your mana's low all ready (one last big heal before its gone). as such all ways hit play dead to clear the vengeance buff before you attempt to rez a buddy you dont wanna blow your mana when all you'r tryna do is pick someone up (its a total face palm moment trust me lol). finally if your ever in a situation were mobility is less of an issue you can all ways switch out auromancy for (witchcraft - necromancer) grants even more cc that can combo well with your raids dps if you coordinate well, or (songcraft - sorrowsong) a good soncrafter is all ways useful i like using this in instances like red dragon, foh, dungeons in general, i also played it in halcy last night just for kicks (boost dps to kill the relic quick). ok's that's enough i think

ps. if needed i will happily share the builds im currently using pls just ask (they will be changing with the patch but its only 2 points being moved).

edit. self cast mirrors light and cast absorb lifeforce (converts the self healing of absorb lifeforce into a group heal that will heal all ally's within 10m 10% of your max hp.

edit 2. play dead allows you to drop combat 90% the time very useful if you need to stealth rez.

Builds are always welcome @caffinatedidiot at least from my point of view

I would also love to know your build, thanks.

sure np ill put my builds up later when i get in game that way i can screenshot all my gear. the way you set your gear realy helps with edge walker its not a huge deal but there are a few things that can help make the most of what the build can do and this way you guys can see everything. i have a few jobs to do right now that should take a few hours but i should have everything up way before reset.

edge walker (https://archeagecodex.com/us/calc/497561)

necromancer (https://archeagecodex.com/us/calc/497562)

sorrowsong (https://archeagecodex.com/us/calc/497564)

in the last two builds i still have absorb lifeforce in occultism however i dropped that combo in tho's two builds due to its range limitation of 10m. (iv been meaning to move that point to summon crows just haven't got round to it yet).

gear

belt https://ibb.co/yYXbwbV (pain harvest cast time gems, allow you to cast/recast pain harvest much quicker extremely important in pvp and for recasting quickly after you'v let the over healing debuff were off - mana management.) edit. stacks with cast time takes me less than 0.5 seconds to recast pain harvest now.

bow https://ibb.co/x33N4Dd (old cast time gems hard to find these days but useful as hell as current cast time gems cant be socketed into bows allowing you to stack both, instrument and bow)

in 6.0 ill be changing these builds very slightly to take advantage of the skill changes. just moving a couple of points in edgewalkers case dropping holy bolt in favour of the new mana barrier (30m teleport kind of like shadowstep but also places a powerful shield on you and your target).

Quote Originally Posted by caffienatedidiot View Post
    in 6.0 ill be changing these builds very slightly to take advantage of the skill changes. just moving a couple of points in edgewalkers case dropping holy bolt in favour of the new mana barrier (30m teleport kind of like shadowstep but also places a powerful shield on you and your target).
    Curious why you wouldn’t take skewer (life) as it’s an instant raid heal or mana barrier since it’s a massive shield? This was from your edgewalker build

im taking mana barrier when the new patch comes live and even in its current variant it is realy cool skill depending on content if i need it ill swap out holy bolt for it i just tend to use holy bolt when im running around solo. skewer i dont use as i have plenty of cc already and more powerful heals thanks to my reduced cast time and high crit rate, im at 50% to 54% cast time depending on build. with prayer stacks i hit mend twice im at the hard cap as such i can cast big heals crazy fast iv literally one shot healed tanks. but its one of tho's things everyone has there own preference unfortunately you cant have every skill so you have to make choices based off what you use most. these three build cover me through everything from pvp to clearing noriette there just my personal favourites. also i have them set specifically so that there virtually identical with the exception of the one skill tree change. that's so when i switch using the skill saver my bar will change automatically yet all of my healing / cc skills are in exactly the same place for each spec saves me having to memorise multiple layouts im lazy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by caffienatedidiot View Post
    im taking mana barrier when the new patch comes live and even in its current variant it is realy cool skill depending on content if i need it ill swap out holy bolt for it i just tend to use holy bolt when im running around solo. skewer i dont use as i have plenty of cc already and more powerful heals thanks to my reduced cast time and high crit rate, im at 50% to 54% cast time depending on build. with prayer stacks i hit mend twice im at the hard cap as such i can cast big heals crazy fast iv literally one shot healed tanks. but its one of tho's things everyone has there own preference unfortunately you cant have every skill so you have to make choices based off what you use most. these three build cover me through everything from pvp to clearing noriette there just my personal favourites. also i have them set specifically so that there virtually identical with the exception of the one skill tree change. that's so when i switch using the skill saver my bar will change automatically yet all of my healing / cc skills are in exactly the same place for each spec saves me having to memorise multiple layouts im lazy lol.
    Fair enough

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast