+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Remove Merit Merchant Schooner and Hauler

Angry Remove Merit Merchant Schooner and Hauler

Remove these, not necessary for a fresh start and used as a catch up mechanic for legacy servers.

No reason to have these over saturating the economy too quickly.

If you are new

What are they?
    They are a 3-Day temporary boat/cart used to transport mass amounts of trade packs around the map.

Why are they bad?
    They can be obtained within the first week of the game and can be rotated between players to have essentially a permanent merchant throughout the first weeks of the server. This will allow large guilds and experienced players to get a significant gold advantage by abusing early-game mechanics. They will inflate the gold economy early and the server will be better without them.

Merchants are also suppose to be a milestone costing 500 gilda and not easily obtained. These achievement rewards diminish the value in obtaining them.

Thank you

You can go get the ship too/hauler too.....stop worrying about the large guilds, you won't be competing with them for anything. Just worry about gearing yourself
    Shatter
    Tyrenos
    Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SixFigures View Post
    You can go get the ship too/hauler too.....stop worrying about the large guilds, you won't be competing with them for anything. Just worry about gearing yourself
    If they don't remove. I will get it and I will abuse it for sure. I know a couple of ways to get thousands of gold early with them. But new players will not be able to take advantage of this and it will mess up gold economy.

People who invest their money into merchant ship should be able to reap the benefits of getting it early. Giving them out for free completely negates this and will bring way too much cash into the economy in the early weeks of the game.

"Everyone can abuse it, so there isn't a problem" is a terrible excuse. But as I'm aware now, it seems Gamigo is already trying to get these removed from the game.

I agree. Remove these. They are catch-up rewards are not necessarily on a new server.

quoted below

Quote Originally Posted by SixFigures View Post
    you can't be that du*b?! I am wondering why low people like you even post in the forum but I will never know I guess..

Just make them like 10 Gilda stars or something instead tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Veeshan Midst View Post
    Just make them like 10 Gilda stars or something instead tbh.
    Maybe we should make mansions 15 gilda too, always wanted one.

Uh, do not remove these, the fact that unchained came out so many years after legacy makes people leave behind a lot of progress to move into a new system. The least they can do is let us catch up the small amount that these short lived items allow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois View Post
    Uh, do not remove these, the fact that unchained came out so many years after legacy makes people leave behind a lot of progress to move into a new system. The least they can do is let us catch up the small amount that these short lived items allow.
    What are you talking about? Unchained is completely separate from legacy. What are you catching up to???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast