+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PTS Unchained: In world Vs In Salon

Thumbs up PTS Unchained: In world Vs In Salon

The skin color is totally different when in the world compared to in the salon. In the world the skin is much lighter, extremely pale and colorless in the face compared to the rest of they body (just look at the ears, the neck and the cheeks compared to the forehead or the chin). In the salon it all looks colorful and balanced.

I know the lighting is different in these two images but I think you can see what I mean

Ow, I forgot to mention; the pale face you see there, it's the darkest skin color that you can chose as an elf.....

It depends on time of day, same thing with hair colour, also if you are facing the sun or not.

Well, it never looks good for me, no matter the angle of the light or the time of the day, it's always just off =/

Sad

It has always been like that. that's why I keep making new characters in the game (PTS) until I feel satisfied on the design.

Let's hope that the graphics update comes with a shader rework that can solve some of these issues? Seems like I'm not the only one dissatisfied by this, so, it should be changed at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by NoPanDa View Post
    Ow, I forgot to mention; the pale face you see there, it's the darkest skin color that you can chose as an elf.....
    Thanks for bringing that up! The lack of even medium skin tones, let alone any darker skin tones seems intensely stupid. AA has always been sadly lacking in this area.

Also I completely agree with your original post. The face was so completely off from the preview in salon that I had to kill mine off several times and adjust to get a decent-ish match!

It's always been like that, you're better off saving your character design and going back and forth a bit now that we're still on pts.

It helps to set the salon to afternoon instead of morning.

It's a bit sad we can't make a dark elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedds View Post
    It's always been like that, you're better off saving your character design and going back and forth a bit now that we're still on pts.

It helps to set the salon to afternoon instead of morning.

It's a bit sad we can't make a dark elf.
    I have done that over 20 times by now, not even exaggerating. In my opinion, It is not possible to get a good looking skin tone on the elf at the moment. Even if I were to go for the skin tones that make her look like a corpse, the face is still even paler.

I will not be able to play an elf like it is, sadly =(

I don't get how they're calling this new elf an enhancement! The faces are more uniform than they were before, like freaking Barbies. Plastic face. Dead eyes.
    ugh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast