+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless, crash on game opening

Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless, crash on game opening

My Arctis 7 Wireless, crash the game while loading the game. The game hangs during initial load before selecting the server or disconnects during the queue. Does anyone have any advice to solve this problem?
    Attached Images

I have that same headset and no issues.

Same headset no issue

Hi,
    i have the same Headset and my problem was, that the game crashes after the Trion Logo without any messages. After unplugging the USB Dongle everything worked well. If i am ingame, i can plug in the USB Dongle.

Vilmeid
    Server: Alexander
    Guild: Alte Helden

Had the exact issue you're having, I found moving the dongle from a USB port on the front of my PC to the back of my PC fixed the issue. I have absolutely no technical explanation for this, but it worked. My game was crashing nonstop, I even reinstalled, a came across a reddit post of someone suggesting to unplug a USB headset so I tried it and it worked.

So I actually found a work around for this issue. Because I have the same issue as well, and my boyfriend has the same headset, only mine is white and his is black. Makes no sense on why his works and mine doesn't.
    BUT
    I made it to where my game sound goes through my laptop speakers, and then anything else goes through my headset (discord). This actually fixed the issue and I can finally play with the sound actually working again. If you do not care about the sound, unplug the device for the headset from the computer/laptop until you get to the Trion part of launch, and then plug it back in. Whether or not you will have sound at this point is touchy.

Hi All,
    I had the same Issue now and figured out that the Problem is due to USB-hubs, or the front-USB slots on a PC (which is nothing else then an integrated USB-hub).

If there is more then 1 device connected on the USB-interface where the Arctis - 7 Dongle is plugged in, then it causes exactly this problem.
    Most probably this is due to the fact that the dongle counts already as 2 devices. (Chat and Game/regular sound)

Therefore the "fix" is to use the Arctis dongle as only plugged in device per USB interface of the PC. preferable the back side USBīs like Voide already mentioned

+ Reply to Thread