+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Discouraging the use of alts

Discouraging the use of alts

If Gamigo really wants to discourage alts in AAU, they need to disable the follow command and the ability to have more than 1 person sit in any sort of mount. This will make it much harder for a person to level multiple characters at once if they can't drag their alts along. This will make it harder for them complete the Archepass kill quests on all three of their accounts at once. This will make it harder for them to drag alts along to complete trade packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Malseraph View Post
    If Gamigo really wants to discourage alts in AAU, they need to disable the follow command and the ability to have more than 1 person sit in any sort of mount. This will make it much harder for a person to level multiple characters at once if they can't drag their alts along. This will make it harder for them complete the Archepass kill quests on all three of their accounts at once. This will make it harder for them to drag alts along to complete trade packs.
    You aren't allowed to multi-client anymore.

From the 9/27 stream, they said people are allowed 3 accounts:

Stream Notes

They did also say that people would have to play them on separate computers. So even if they can actually detect and ban people using VMs, KVMs, or other types of automation hardware/software, a person can still sit a laptop next to them and have their alt follow along.

Quote Originally Posted by Xephael View Post
    You aren't allowed to multi-client anymore.
    That doesn't stop people who want to run more tha one account at a time. It does stop casuals who won't go out of their way to, which makes it even more useful to do.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

They said if you use multiple computers then you are required to be manually controlling those accounts. If I remember correctly Khrolan said that abusing follow like that would be against the ToS.

The follow command is used for more than just alts and, in my personal opinion, isn't something people need to worry about. The amount of crying that goes on about alts is insane. The main complaint people have is people running a massive amount of alts and that has already been taken care of with their multi-client policy. Making more drastic changes to the game where mechanics that have been there since launch are ripped out is just silly. We are already getting stupid statements like "using the auto follow command will result in a ban." This will end up with legitimate accounts getting banned because they're using an actual useful in-game feature and is an ill thought out idea.

@khrolan
    Sep 23
    More
    Mentioned in context of my previous statements on this thread, auto-follow is a game mechanic and is allowed. The other restrictions are still in place.

https://twitter.com/solikearosie/sta...01966961221632

We're past the pre-order phase so it's too late to change the rules. That said, everybody is under the same rules and 3 accounts is hardly ptw...

I think the new labor system does a lot to discourage the use of alts. You can do a lot with a single account now.

Edit:
    I have 3 computers and 3 accounts. I only actually play 2 because I haven't needed more labor so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Malseraph View Post
    We are allowed three accounts and if we want to run three pc's and have all three in the game at once, we can do that. As long as we manually control them all. Just because you only have 1 pc, doesn't mean we all have to wait for you!

The people running three accounts are also able to place 3 times as much land. And since you only need to buy an account once, they can more easily maintain it without having to pay a subscription. Land is the most valuable commodity is this game. Even turning off follow and the ability for mounts to hold more than one person for the first month would go a long way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast