+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Change the account limit to 1 (P2W)

Change the account limit to 1 (P2W)

They need to limit account usage to 1 per person or this entire non-P2W vision is scuffed.

1) Players will be buying 2-3 accounts resulting in double to triple labor

2) As a result, players will be stacking land on a single account (during land rush this is going to be 4 16x16's in a square most commonly)

3) All labor on main now goes towards upgrading gear and results in faster progression

For the low price of an additional $25-$50, you also can own more land, make more gold, and progress faster. It's blatant P2W just lurking in the background.

Edit: Changing the account limit to 1 may or may not be a solution after much discussion. Alternatively, as another user has stated, that allowing characters to have their own independent labor pools is also a solution that would alleviate some players concerns.

Update: We're entering the period leading up to launch. We won't see the ramifications of the 3 account abuse immediately, but I encourage you to email Gamingo, speak up during their livestreams, whatever you need to do to be heard. I'm still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this issue and still believe the above solution is currently the best. It's just a matter of being heard.

If anyone was doubting that 3 accounts weren't going to be the norm or abused at scale, this was posted on the Denistrous/LC Discord: https://imgur.com/a/w8gVmXs

At that scale (150 members) they collectively have spent $7500 for an additional 360k labor per day

To be clear, this isn't to discredit or attack any guild doing this. This is to show that there is definitively an advantage or at the very least a perceived advantage otherwise they wouldn't be doing this. This is not just going to be one guild either.

This exactly. They are going on and on about not being pay2win and then allow 3 accounts.

In the early october (or was it late september) stream they said that they want to prevent an army of alts doing trade runs etc, so they will monitor activity to see if someone is pooling resources to one account. But on the other hand they are suddenly fine with one person pooling the resources of 3 accounts together.

I've seen the discussions about that on reddit and it seems that most ppl are fine with that. In the end its still the same old ArcheAge community that just wants to have that small edge by paying more money. Nothing has changed, empty promises. First its 3 accounts per person and soon its boost scrolls in the cash shop.

It might not be possible to stack land on the two most populated servers (e.g. Alexander for EU), but its still possible to get two more spots in god knows what location. On less populated server you might even be able to bring them close to each other. Hell, you just need your 2nd account and PC rdy to logout after placing your land, then log in the other account and place more land. might be a bit slow but for less premium spots its totally fine.

I already filed for a refund and if they dont give it to me, ill have PayPal take it from them. There's no point in supporting a company/team that preaches non-pay2win and wont admit to something as obvious as having multiple accounts as pay2win.

PS: inb4 all the white knights defending it with "theres no benefit, you dont need 3 accounts, ppl invest the time, etc". It doesnt matter what you do, an account is obtained by paying REAL MONEY, so you PAY for BENEFITS that are NOT COSMETICS.

PPS: This should probably be moved into Game Feedback

yea true it gives you benefit, but if someone really wants to run even more than 3 accs they can and you cant do anything about it... what you asking is impossible to do sad but true

Quote Originally Posted by xDopamine View Post
    yea true it gives you benefit, but if someone really wants to run even more than 3 accs they can and you cant do anything about it... what you asking is impossible to do sad but true
    https://www.twitch.tv/gamigogames/cl...eBatStrawBeary

"[...]We have the method internally to review our logs and see how alt accounts interact with the main account[...]"

Theres absolutely no reason to NOT restrict users to 1 account. Sure a household with 3 players will want 3 accounts, but if they monitor if 10 accounts siphon resources into 1 account, they may as well just monitor if even ONE other account is used as a labour slave of another main account.

Do you know what this looks like to me? Like those cheap korean games that get ported over here, which are usually free2play but will be buy2play here. They just enable players to own 3 accounts, so they pay upfront 3 times the price. It's as if they know it's going downhill soon and they wanna cash in on that sweet pre-order/account money.

In my mind there's a difference between the minority that risk everything and does niche methods to bypass a rule and a game having an official stance that you're allowed to spend more real dollars to get an advantage. It's a shame, I was super hyped about this game and had a great time on the PTS but then I realized all the crazy dumb crap you can get away with on a 2nd account. It's a slippery slope and this seems to be the beginning.

I'm not asking for a refund because I did have a good time on the PTS but this counts as P2W in my book so it's a no go unless something changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Malfetus View Post
    but then I realized all the crazy dumb crap you can get away with on a 2nd account. It's a slippery slope and this seems to be the beginning.
    You are literally me. First time AA player, heard a lot about the pay2win, was hyped about a non pay2win version. Got a good guild, was testing out builds and then I found out people can pay real money for ingame benefits that go beyond cosmetics. If they start with this, it's not going to end well. I'm honest. I invested into the game full knowing that the policy could change at some point, when sales go down from the cash shop. Many people expect this. But I at least wanted to enjoy this game for 1-3 months. But if they START OFF with blatant pay2win, then all hope is lost. I will NOT support such behaviour. Unless this policy changes, I'm out of here.

inb4 "ok bye" posts. Any feedback is relevant in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by KJhin View Post
    https://www.twitch.tv/gamigogames/cl...eBatStrawBeary

"[...]We have the method internally to review our logs and see how alt accounts interact with the main account[...]"

Theres absolutely no reason to NOT restrict users to 1 account. Sure a household with 3 players will want 3 accounts, but if they monitor if 10 accounts siphon resources into 1 account, they may as well just monitor if even ONE other account is used as a labour slave of another main account.
    yea nice, now ppl who are willing to spent money to run multiple accs with multiple pcs, run their alt materials etc through different friend accounts back to their main "to make it look legit" again this is one of these things, if a player is commitment he will make it work and there is nothing to do

yea nice, now ppl who are willing to spent money to run multiple accs with multiple pcs, run their alt materials etc through different friend accounts back to their main "to make it look legit" again this is one of these things, if a player is commitment he will make it work and there is nothing to do
    I am fairly certain that it's not beyond technology to flag which account/character produced an item and which chain of transaction it followed. But that's on them how to solve this problem. This isn't about people finding "ways to cheat the system", it's about THEM giving an official ok for such behaviour, even if it's just 3 accounts in total. This is something completely different. One is malicious behaviour to obtain an unfair advantage (e.g. an army of alts, well hidden or not) and the other is an official pardon to have a small army of alts (official 3 account limit).

Quote Originally Posted by KJhin View Post
    I am fairly certain that it's not beyond technology to flag which account/character produced an item and which chain of transaction it followed. But that's on them how to solve this problem. This isn't about people finding "ways to cheat the system", it's about THEM giving an official ok for such behaviour, even if it's just 3 accounts in total. This is something completely different. One is malicious behaviour to obtain an unfair advantage (e.g. an army of alts, well hidden or not) and the other is an official pardon to have a small army of alts (official 3 account limit).
    Yup, that. Big difference between jumping through hoops to do something shady and doing something that is officially supported

no Multiboxing, tons of dailies and so in and so on, 2 alts are not big p2w here. I think you don't have to worry and you can just enjoy the game. Like 50% of player will use 1 or 2 alts, nobody can get further with money so most will still be equal more or less.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast