+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Change the account limit to 1 (P2W)

i wasnt going to log back in and comment on this, seeing how i got rid of the game already. but seriously, everything Malfetus and I said about GAMIGO's integrity and how multiaccounting is already paving the way for more pay2win in the future is coming true even before launch.

now go and gift those costumes and buy yourself some gold this way. LMAO.

Meh as a mass alt user on legacy and years of experince as well as the sheer limit of what "Alt's" Can actually do in AAU 1 account 2 accounts 3 accounts not really going to matter all, it comes down to time and in truth time is always the factor in these equations. You can have 3 accounts and have x ammount of land but the time it takes to tend those alt accounts and stuff like that is cool but as I see it so far here is a list of things alts can do in AAU:
    1. Hold land
    2. Gather materials for crafting foods,ect,oils
    3. Labor burn on packs (But you will have to be there for it no auto follow since can't multi account)
    4. Do daily's for arche pass (Which multi toons on same account can do)
    5. Honor Dailys (See above)
    6. Spread your labor prof's out so it's can be leveled in half the time (Meaning focus certain profs on accounts)

If we do the calculations based on Gilda packs say 30g each per pack 180 labor to craft I can't remember turn in cost I think it's like 70 so 250 labor for 30g
    at let's say 2880 labor per 24hr period is about 11 packs a day so 330g per account every day at the cost of 30 gilda a day in order to maintain that they will need to do hunting quests so -30g a day for the 30 gilda 300 gold a day on average we calculate let's say 10 minutes per quest 30 quests = 300 minutes then let's say another on a good run 15 minutes per run using a 3 pack hauler is 150 minutes then another add need to gather materials let's say 30 minutes to plant 10 to pick up is about 490 minutes lets round up to 500 minutes for good measure. That gives us a total of 8 hours for 300g paid upfront server generated per account. That's being very generous on the time consuming of it all. You know what 8 hours of RL time pays on legacy let's say 10$ an hour min wage is 8 hours of work for 8 apexs at around 2k gold per apex on legacy = 16,000g. I think the world is not going to end over a few extra account considering only a few people can probably use them to have a very very small impact on the economy. If anything alts are going to be more or less used for quality of life for the people that do not have 8 hours and will be used more as a extra source of labor pool since they can't sit down every day to burn the labor they get but would like to have it for weekends or extra time off.

My source: Legacy player currently counting 390 alt accounts all ancestral 1+ over 13 of my own guilds of alts. 32 Family's of alts.
    I can confirm to you players scared about these extra accounts with out the ability to multi log accounts the steam of running extra alts has no effect and is far to much work to even consider nor do people have the physical time to do so since there is only 24 hours in a day unless you guys are from another planet.

I agree that it should be limited to one account per person. It doesn't matter whether it gives somebody a small advantage or big advantage, it's still an advantage that costs money. For a truly non-P2W experience it should be one account per person and there should be no cash shop gifting either.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaeth View Post
    I agree that it should be limited to one account per person. It doesn't matter whether it gives somebody a small advantage or big advantage, it's still an advantage that costs money. For a truly non-P2W experience it should be one account per person and there should be no cash shop gifting either.

Words.

Quote Originally Posted by Theamara View Post
    Beautifully said, I wholeheartedly agree with you. No matter what rules you try to put in place to police these things, people will always find a way to get around it, there's no sense pulling your hair out over it. I think it's up to the honest, good-intentioned side of the community to speak up and set a precedence for how we treat the game. At the end of the day there will always be whales and trolls in hard-core MMOs, it's simply up to us to ignore them as best we can and enjoy the rest of the experience for what it is.
    There will always be exploiters and cheaters, but it's more about reducing amount of them. It's more about setting up a standard, in hope of making game better, and that's why we have to have to speak up against such exploiting as this.

Some of us come here with little competition in mind - like PVP and so on, therefore we don't want P2W and exploiting happening as much as it's possible.

But now you can pay 50$, have 2x more extra labor and 2x more extra land. I could join the "bandwagon".. but it's not fun, and this should not be allowed by any means.

I say no to P2W and exploiting.

This thread now has close to 3k views and 9 pages from both vets and new players. People are now posting new threads covering the same topic. It's been just about 50/50 vets vs. new players chiming in. Some vets don't get it, some vets agree to an extent, and most new players (or people that only casually messed around with AA in the past) are on the same page about being on a firm no-P2W stance. The amount of new players we're hearing from is only a small portion of the new people flooding in, as you don't start to think about what you can gain from having a 2nd account till you put in quite a bit of time on the PTS.

At this point, I'm convinced this issue isn't going to die anytime soon. The easy solution is to sweep it under the rug with some amount of players already buying multiple accounts, but I'd urge Gamingo to step in sooner rather than later.

I would agree with a one-account-policy if the restrictions currently placed on individual accounts were adjusted. As it is now, one account gets you about 3 properties before taxes get ugly, and a labor cap of 5000. Which is dismal for someone like me. I enjoy crafting and farmville while everyone else is smashing their heads in for Hiram. And I can burn through that labor and manage 3 farms in 20 minutes, thank you very much. It's not exactly a satisfying business.

Change the limit to 1, adjust tax increases to start at 10 properties, and increase the labor pool to 15000.
    Put it in the store for 80 bucks. Everything I need without having to relog. Brilliant, I'm sold.
    "Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much."

Oscar Wilde on ArcheAge

Quote Originally Posted by Nerrivic View Post
    I would agree with a one-account-policy if the restrictions currently placed on individual accounts were adjusted. As it is now, one account gets you about 3 properties before taxes get ugly, and a labor cap of 5000. Which is dismal for someone like me. I enjoy crafting and farmville while everyone else is smashing their heads in for Hiram. And I can burn through that labor and manage 3 farms in 20 minutes, thank you very much. It's not exactly a satisfying business.

Change the limit to 1, adjust tax increases to start at 10 properties, and increase the labor pool to 15000.
    Put it in the store for 80 bucks. Everything I need without having to relog. Brilliant, I'm sold.
    Ye, so why don't you just go play legacy instead of ruining other people's experience? After all, this supposed to be NON-P2W experience.
    And before you write something like "but I don't ruin experience", you have to try to understand economical impact of people like you. Value of everything in auction house will drop because of exploiters like you who saturate market, because of "supply and demand". Housing space you have extra is will be also at expense of others. You will have fun at expense of others.

And those who WILL PVP, naturally will get ahead easier when using this exploit.

And you will be the hypocrite who says he doesn't want P2W, and still abuses P2W.

I'm on board with 1 account limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilon View Post
    Ye, so why don't you just go play legacy instead of ruining other people's experience? After all, this supposed to be NON-P2W experience.
    And before you write something like "but I don't ruin experience", you have to try to understand economical impact of people like you. Value of everything in auction house will drop because of exploiters like you who saturate market, because of "supply and demand". Housing space you have extra is will be also at expense of others. You will have fun at expense of others.

And those who WILL PVP, naturally will get ahead easier when using this exploit.

And you will be the hypocrite who says he doesn't want P2W, and still abuses P2W.
    I have played Legacy for five years; I know all about the good, the bad and the ugly (and the economy). I'm glad to leave the constant struggle for gold and Apex behind; I won't have to meet a daily quota just to keep my progress. Heavenly. This will be very chill. Amazingly enough, I won't have any impact at all on the economy of Unchained. I do my stuff for my own amusement. Everything I make I intend to use for myself.

One a sidenote, I think people still have to realize that the economy of Unchained will be very different from Legacy; auction houses will be separate for every server, and gold will no longer be the center of the universe. It will be a resource battle. And I'll be a self-supporter in it. Which willl lighten the load on the AH and leave you to buy everything I might otherwise have to buy, and a little cheaper, too. Because I put in the hours.

It's all talk anyway. Let's take it to the base level: why do you believe your -- limited -- playstyle is more justified than mine, which requires a lot of time and effort? Why do you think you should be able to be cheap about this game -- cheap in money, cheap in energy and time -- and still be entitled to be on equal footing with everyone else? With all that put in more effort than you? Because that's what it boils down to: effort. All the land and labor in the world won't do you any good if they just sit there. You have to work the land. Spend the labor. Do the mindless ArchePass missions. Grind those infusions on your main. Effort equals abuse for you? Good grief.

The paying, and the winning, end with the creation of six characters. The rest is a crapton of work. You are free to do all of that. You just don't want to. That's not my problem. Unchained is supposed to give everyone equal opportunities, and to limit excessive spending for progress. It does that. But it was never advertised as the "cheap n' easy" version of ArcheAge.

Maybe for the next crusade, you should contemplate the concept of time. Some people will have more time to spend on the game than others. More time to grind, to level, whatever. Is that abuse? Maybe you'd like to police that, too: enable a timer that kicks everyone who logs in for more than 2 hours a day. That way, we'll all be equal forever....

(PS: It's too late. People have preorderd, character creation is tomorrow, launch is on Tuesday. They won't give that money back, you know.)
    "Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much."

Oscar Wilde on ArcheAge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast