+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 201

Thread: Change the account limit to 1 (P2W)

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Maulth View Post
    I find it hilarious that people think multiple accounts is pay-to-win. Spoiler: It's absolutely not. My character does not get an advantage over yours because I'm running an additional account for farming, labor points, etc. My character isn't stronger than yours because of this. My character isn't going to have any kind of discernible advantage. This is like saying if I play 8 hours a day I'm paying to win because I bought the game and I'm putting in more time, so I have a clear advantage over everyone who isn't playing 8 hours a day.
    Spoiler : +50$ = 2 More Accounts= More Labor = More Gold = Better Equipment = Stronger character. BONUS: 2 times more land to do all that.

    That's if other person is same as you, just with one account.

  2. #102
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    9
    I mean they could just make it so your other characters had unique labor pools, then you wouldn't need multiple accounts. :/

  3. #103
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    9
    Alt accounts are in no way a form of P2W. There are many MMO's out there that are B2P and F2P that allow alt accounts that you can trade between, etc.. So let's say they allow you to make alt accounts without having to buy the game or spend "$50". What are you guys going to do? What would be you're argument than giving the chance everybody could make alt accounts? Would you complain that it gives more labor/gold, etc, over time and ask for a limit?

    Ultimately i don't think you guys know what P2W actually means. P2W is something that has an immediate effect on your account. For instance take Perfect World(PWI), Blade and Soul or any other MMO that you can literally buy stuff off the cash shop and immediately make your character strong by equipment enhancements, etc.. Loot boxes that have gear or other stuff in them. Buying another account and taking the time to level that account as well as your main account is in no way P2W over immediate items off the cash shop where people can literally spend hundreds of dollars or thousands to make their character over powered in a day or two. In the end i just see you guys complaining about something completely mundane because other people obviously have a lot more time than you to play the game. If people choose to play multiple accounts because they want too and have the time too, they can. I won't be one of those people because i work 10-12 hours a day but i don't see this whole fiasco as a "P2W" aspect like most of you say just because someone bought 1-2 more accounts.

    I'm not trying to be anal in my reply but i find this absurd how others think this is some big form of P2W. Sorry if i do sound mean.

  4. #104
    Junior Member Arnzeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1
    I must admit, I am probably one of those people who will be buying 3 accounts in total since I love MIN-MAXING. I am only doing this because I like to stay competative and the 9000 total labour instead of 3000 is a huge game changer if other people are doing it too.

    Yet, I would HIGHLY recommended we limit us to 1 account per user because that is the fairest and non P2W approach. I would not feel the need to get 3 accounts knowing no one else is doing it, and those who do will get banned.

    I think this 3 account limit is the biggest remaining thorn of this game. Limit us to 1 account per user and this game will truly be perfect and get more people to play the game instead of less people with more accounts. This game is a WoW killer if done right.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnzeal View Post
    I must admit, I am probably one of those people who will be buying 3 accounts in total since I love MIN-MAXING. I am only doing this because I like to stay competative and the 9000 total labour instead of 3000 is a huge game changer if other people are doing it too.

    Yet, I would HIGHLY recommended we limit us to 1 account per user because that is the fairest and non P2W approach. I would not feel the need to get 3 accounts knowing no one else is doing it, and those who do will get banned.

    I think this 3 account limit is the biggest remaining thorn of this game. Limit us to 1 account per user and this game will truly be perfect and get more people to play the game instead of less people with more accounts. This game is a WoW killer if done right.
    Exactly this.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnzeal View Post
    I think this 3 account limit is the biggest remaining thorn of this game. Limit us to 1 account per user and this game will truly be perfect and get more people to play the game instead of less people with more accounts. This game is a WoW killer if done right.
    Yes, exactly this, well put. Considering the limit is per player and not per household, I see absolutely zero reason to allow 3 accounts unless they are simply trying to make more money off of alts.

    Personally I don't even think it's going to affect the health of the game, nor do I think it can really be considered P2W. I simply think it's bad for the core mindset of players entering into the game, as it sets a precedence for people to juggle even more alts, which last time I checked, isn't a fun experience. And as you stated, regular people who want to stay competitive will feel compelled to buy extra accounts and subject themselves to that un-fun experience, because they know they will be at a disadvantage if they don't. It's not good for the game itself, completely separate from its P2W implications.

  7. #107
    Senior Member Nerrivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Rokhala Reflecting Pools, Taris
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfetus View Post
    That's the essence of it. You can throw conditionals around it all you want. Even if you're paying real cash for something that is an advantage with potential you have to realize yourself. That is still pay to win.

    People that have been enveloped into P2W MMO's for too long have this disconnect where the "extent" of the advantage matters. They draw a line in the sand that they keep moving till it's too late. The extent is mostly irrelevant in my mind.
    Okey dokey, I see you will never be satisfied otherwise, so I'll just have to hand it to you: We officially have outrageous, unacceptable, heartbreaking P2W in ArcheAge Unchained. For the inhuman fortune of 50$, that you have to invest a whole single time, you get 2 shiny, sexy additional accounts -- that do absolutely nothing for you unless you put in the equivalent time. Totally obscene. How shall we survive this horror?

    I got another gem of injustice for you: a year ago, I invested good money in a decent gaming rig. Money that I saved up because I enjoy my hobby. My GPU, SSD and RAM make the game run fast and smooth, so I can get to mobs and kill them before people playing on lesser hardware. My EyeCare screen makes sure I don't tire easily, so I can play longer. I guess I should feel guilty about that, too. Towards everyone trying to compete on a 2014 retail laptop. Because......waaaaaaaaaaahhhh....P2W.
    Where does it end?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquilon View Post
    You have actually reinforced my previous statements with what you wrote, so I can't really argue much with that.

    Your TL;DR version would be something like "It's ok for some players to use P2W exploit to gain advantage over others, because life isn't fair... oh, btw, imo, there is nothing we can do now, because its too late and too difficult."

    Like I said - nothing of that actually deny any of my previous arguments directly. Tho, if you don't get your money back and this exploit is eventually forbidden... just remember what you tried to explain to me - life isn't fair
    What exploit? You mean the three accounts per person that Gamigo officially sold to their customers? That they took money for? You mean that exploit? Newsflash: the TOS do not only bind the customer; they also bind seller into providing what they sold.

    Quote Originally Posted by Theamara View Post
    Personally I don't even think it's going to affect the health of the game, nor do I think it can really be considered P2W. I simply think it's bad for the core mindset of players entering into the game, as it sets a precedence for people to juggle even more alts, which last time I checked, isn't a fun experience. And as you stated, regular people who want to stay competitive will feel compelled to buy extra accounts and subject themselves to that un-fun experience, because they know they will be at a disadvantage if they don't. It's not good for the game itself, completely separate from its P2W implications.
    Sure, I agree it's a stupid system. As I mentioned before, I would be happier with one account that offers more perks, if need be at a higher price. Having to use 3 accounts to achieve the same effect is clunky and silly. But that's how it is. Everyone who's been here long enough knows that logic and reason are not the strongest suits of the developers of ArcheAge. Even though they work hard and they try hard, and seem to believe in their creation. But in dealing with AA, sometimes you have to wear a hardhat and keep a valerian pill tucked in your cheek. That's something new players should steel themselves for

    Quote Originally Posted by Malfetus View Post
    My definition is being able to buy any advantage beyond the advertised price.
    Once more with feeling: 3 accounts per person were the advertised price. There is nothing that you can buy beyond that.
    "Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much."

    Oscar Wilde on ArcheAge

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMrLvost View Post
    Alt accounts are in no way a form of P2W. There are many MMO's out there that are B2P and F2P that allow alt accounts that you can trade between, etc.. So let's say they allow you to make alt accounts without having to buy the game or spend "$50". What are you guys going to do? What would be you're argument than giving the chance everybody could make alt accounts? Would you complain that it gives more labor/gold, etc, over time and ask for a limit?

    Ultimately i don't think you guys know what P2W actually means. P2W is something that has an immediate effect on your account. For instance take Perfect World(PWI), Blade and Soul or any other MMO that you can literally buy stuff off the cash shop and immediately make your character strong by equipment enhancements, etc.. Loot boxes that have gear or other stuff in them. Buying another account and taking the time to level that account as well as your main account is in no way P2W over immediate items off the cash shop where people can literally spend hundreds of dollars or thousands to make their character over powered in a day or two. In the end i just see you guys complaining about something completely mundane because other people obviously have a lot more time than you to play the game. If people choose to play multiple accounts because they want too and have the time too, they can. I won't be one of those people because i work 10-12 hours a day but i don't see this whole fiasco as a "P2W" aspect like most of you say just because someone bought 1-2 more accounts.

    I'm not trying to be anal in my reply but i find this absurd how others think this is some big form of P2W. Sorry if i do sound mean.
    You don't sound mean, it sounds like you skipped 10 pages of discussion. You have your own definition of P2W, that's fine. My definition is being able to buy any advantage beyond the advertised price. In regards to your definition, a counter example I used just a page ago was BDO. Pets don't have an immediate effect, neither does blessing of kama. Just because you don't get an immediate piece of gear doesn't make it suddenly not P2W.

    If a purchase lets you earn something in 150 hours instead of 300, that's still P2W. Again, refer to earlier posts on my/our stance discussing the "extent" of P2W. Nobody is saying this is some "big, game-breaking" P2W only that it is some degree (really unknown) of P2W in a game that has a firm stance against P2W

    In regards to your first paragraph, most MMO's don't have a labor/energy pool that limit the number of actions you can take per day. If you have two accounts in Classic WOW at cap and play 3 hours on one and then 3 hours on the other, you don't gain anything that you couldn't of gained by playing 6 hours on the first account.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupwned View Post
    I mean they could just make it so your other characters had unique labor pools, then you wouldn't need multiple accounts. :/
    Actually one of the best solutions I've seen. There's still the possibility of abuse if someone can burn through the labor and you can still buy higher tier packs to get more character slots (at least this makes the packs more attractive instead of buying a bunch of $25 packs but they're going away very soon) but this brings it to a much more even playing field. At least then people could raise their labor pool by farming diligence and increasing their number of alts.

    This is exactly what they should do and is a fantastic middle ground solution.

  10. #110
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfetus View Post
    You don't sound mean, it sounds like you skipped 10 pages of discussion. You have your own definition of P2W, that's fine. My definition is being able to buy any advantage beyond the advertised price. In regards to your definition, a counter example I used just a page ago was BDO. Pets don't have an immediate effect, neither does blessing of kama. Just because you don't get an immediate piece of gear doesn't make it suddenly not P2W.

    If a purchase lets you earn something in 150 hours instead of 300, that's still P2W. Again, refer to earlier posts on my/our stance discussing the "extent" of P2W. Nobody is saying this is some "big, game-breaking" P2W only that it is some degree (really unknown) of P2W in a game that has a firm stance against P2W

    In regards to your first paragraph, most MMO's don't have a labor/energy pool that limit the number of actions you can take per day. If you have two accounts in Classic WOW at cap and play 3 hours on one and then 3 hours on the other, you don't gain anything that you couldn't of gained by playing 6 hours on the first account.
    Alright. But you forgot to answer or bring up the question i asked in the first paragraph. What would be you're argument if they allowed 2 extra alt accounts without having to pay for them? I'm sure you guys would be all for it and would not complain in any way as everybody would have equal grounds. But since it involves money which btw, there is no confirmation on how much it would actually cost to buy another account outside the "Founder Packs". You have your own definition(opinion) of P2W, that's fine. But the most circulated definition of P2W involves micro transactions that give the player a HUGE advantage in a very short time. Playing multiple accounts does not fall into this category. Let me re-clarify, when you play multiple accounts you are actually playing the game for hours, days, months and crafting, building etc, on 3 accounts. So basically you're pouring a lot of time into this game which is fine. Now, if i play 1 account or w/e and start buying a lot of stuff off the cash shop and get the best gear all +'d to max level/skills in a day or two and then go into PvP and steamroll everybody, THAT is P2W in it's purest form.

    I understand why everybody is concerned about alt accounts because it can help progress your main account "easier" but it's not something that's done at the snap of your fingers. Have you ever heard the saying "Hard work pays off". If people want to spend lots of hours in a game they love to play on multiple accounts then let them. All those hours turn into fruition because "Hard work pays off". But because you need to pay $ for these accounts it's viewed as P2W which leads back to my first question. What would be you're argument if they allowed 2 extra alt accounts without having to pay for them OR made your other characters have their own labor pool? I see people complaining that it costs $ to buy accounts therefore calling it P2W and then i see people only complaining about huge labor pool, more land etc. What do you guys actually want? A more even playing field correct? I fully understand what you guys want in terms of that. But i still firmly say it's not a form of P2W while you say it is, which is fine with me.

    I'm sorry my opinions are all over the place. At work and got a lot on my mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts