+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Feel free to ask anything class/skill related.

Feel free to ask anything class/skill related.

Hello, i have played AA for years on and off, i work with information, good idea of all skills and classes. I am not a min/maxer, thus my advice is more of a what you can play, what can work where and when. Personally i favor hybrid classes. Here just to help if i can.

Hey, was wondering what skills I should be taking as a Revenant in openworld PvP, also wondering if I should go plate or cloth/1h /2h

Well, first of all i would like you to answer few questions so i have better idea what you want/what works for you better.
    What do you want to accomplish in a fight? Are you thinking of solo, smallscale, raid pvp? Are you more offensive or defensive player, by your playstyle?
    How experienced are you with Archeage? Or mmos overall?
    I would recommend plate since your mobility is heavily lacking to melee classes and with auramancy you got some countermeasures against mages anyhow. 1h shield is fine, if you want survive bit more, but staff offers more overall for your class imo. More damage and little bit range too.
    More you can tell me about your playstyle and what you want to do with the class, more i can help with your build, but dont go thinking whatever build we end up with is only choice. Here just to offer my opinion and experience with the game.
    Sorry if i dont make much sense, words never been my friends ^_^

Here is a fairly defensive build for now, for overall running around doing whatever. https://archeagecodex.com/us/calc/497649

Hey, wow thank you so much for the amazing respone wasn't expecting that! And I'd be more than glad to answer your questions

- I want to be able to kill people in the openworld, with more of a focus on solo pvp

- Aggressive playstyle, with the ability to disengage, ( I know people consider mounts/gliders ways of escape and have been getting used to that)

- Honestly not very experienced, recently returning and the last time I played I never got took deep into the game (around level 50'ish, never got round to learning enhancing gear and stuff back then) I'm pretty experienced in mmo's with my main focus being on PvP (last main mmo was Elder Scroll's Online

I was testing dual wield on pts, I'm not sure how 1h/Shield or 2H would be but I will give them both a shot before launch hopefully. I would say my playstyle is (maybe not for this class) like a bruiser (or a class thank can take a few hits while, I like to get into the fight and battle it out and be able to get out if possible I thought revenant would be nice because most melee class's would do the "bruiser" job, but I also wanted to be a caster!

Plan to play with a friend or two a few days after launch, but I'm usually a solo player anyway so that is my main focus if that helps anymore ><

That's all I can think of for now, thanks again for your response. (Sorry if I repeated some things, I need to get some sleep ;( )

Hi I am new in archeage.
    Any recomendation for starting a healer? I would like to heal and do some damage with curses/dots. Any build for leveling? And after for endgame?
    Thanks mate

I was playing as dagger spell long long ago, i just coming back for unchained is it still a thing? also current top pvp classes, im intrested in somekind of witchcraft/occultism or shadowplay assasin type.

can i do melee with a great club built for STR with hiram? is there any way this wont suck? why or why not

and thank for this thread

Sorry for taking so long to respond.
    So, Llokey think the build i made at first is good for starting with that class with your playstyle, plate + scepter and shield probably would work awsome for you. You can take Hiram magic defense shield so mages wont melt you. Of course as you play around many things you can change with it.

Starken, Vitalism + shadowplay/occultism + almost anything will do great. Few questions for you too.
    What do you want to accomplish in a fight? Are you thinking of solo, smallscale, raid pvp? Are you more offensive or defensive player, by your playstyle? How experienced are you with Archeage? Or mmos overall?

VastoLords, Daggerspell is still fine class, isnt played the same way as long time ago tho. Darkrunners, fanatics and ebonsongs seem to be the most popular classes from melee/caster/ranged. Executioner, occultism/shadowplay/battlerage or Reaper, occultism/shadowplay/sorcery might be good fit?

Schmendrick Sure you can, your heals wont be that helpful, but might work. You cant rely on your heals keeping you or your friends alive tho. Should take some spirit atleast. Argent/inquisitor might be nice class for you, if that helps.

DO ANSWER SAME QUESTIONS AS OTHERS PLEASE, THANK YOU

What do you want to accomplish in a fight? Are you thinking of solo, smallscale, raid pvp? Are you more offensive or defensive player, by your playstyle?

Hi, thanks for taking the time answering questions you're exactly the person I was looking for, here is mine:

I am interested in your opinion in a Sorcery/Malediction + Vitalism + Defensive/Mobility/Support
    I like the idea of being primary a magic damage dealer with some sustain through heals and defensive/mobility skills. My idea is to focus around 30~40% of my stats into healing/defensive stats and spirit, pick a shield and a scepter to do damage and when I need heals change to club/shield. I've talked with someone about this and he told me that most of the damage/healing capabilities are on the weapon, that's why I would go with the secondary set.

What do you want to accomplish in a fight?
    In solo situations I want to be able to put at least 50% damage of a normal mage dps class and outlast my opponent trough cc's/heals/movement. Some kind of resilient mage that with defensive mechanism that could survive long enough to put the necessary damage.

In small scale I want to be able to put some support (between 30~50% of a normal healer) and use offensive magic skills to finish off people, while still having some damage to contribute to the "Magic ball".

In large scale I would change the club for a scepter and I want to be able to do ~70% the damage of a normal mage dps.

I mostly want to focus mostly in small scale and some solo pvp if possible.

Are you more offensive or defensive player, by your playstyle?

With this kind of build I imagine I would have to go defensive, that's fine for me.

I played on launch, leveled a Abolisher to lvl 50 but didn't quite got into gearing, I played 3.0 too leveled a mage class (I don't remember which one) and also got to max level but didn't quite got into gearing. I would say I'm new to Archeage.

Everything here is subject to change of course if you consider something better (like having 2h weapons instead of shield+xxx).
    And please, I just want you honest opinion, I'm not commited to take this route, it's just a concept.

Hey, I am a brand new player, looking to play a caster. What would you recommend for me to play/start out as?

What do you want to accomplish in a fight?
    Control my enemies, while doing moderate/high damage.
    Are you thinking of solo, smallscale, raid pvp?
    Any of these appeal to me to be honest.
    Are you more offensive or defensive player, by your playstyle?
    More defensive
    Not experienced in Archeage at all, but in mmo's I am very well versed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast