+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NA alts on EU servers

NA alts on EU servers

... and vice versa.

Surely allowing people to create characters in both regions is going to skew the data for the number of players on a server and the number of players in each faction. It also must of contributed to the messy opening of the servers on Saturday with the volumes of people trying to log in at the same time. It also meant that some people got names reserved for their cross region alts, but people from that region lost out on their main choice because of this.

Why is cross region allowed? Note: I dont mean region locking, people should be able to choose NA or EU, but once the choice is made you can only play in one region. Is there a reason why this is an accepted practice in AAU?

There is a solution and still time to implement it. Give everyone a set amount of time to choose which region they want to play in and to delete the characters in the other region before locking character creation cross region (only if you already have a character in one region).

This would give more accurate data on server numbers and faction number plus allow for names taken in reservation by cross region alts to be returned.

To inflate numbers.. its a sales gimmick to hype.

I propose to close all airports too, everybody at home!

There is no reason to have cross region alts.

I mean the entire thing back on legacy happened to sustain the Patron status by farming APEX on the opposite region... Since it's not the case anymore, there is no profit to be made by having alts used that way.

Soi highly doubt that there is lot of people that did this, except thoses that plan to play on the opposite region.

I did it because it takes 5 mins every 2 days to log in to EU and make tax certs and at 230k I can sell them. Maybe I might find someone who is doing the same in NA and do a trust gold trade and get some easy gold. Or maybe not, but not costing me anything to see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Luniliel View Post
    There is no reason to have cross region alts.

I mean the entire thing back on legacy happened to sustain the Patron status by farming APEX on the opposite region... Since it's not the case anymore, there is no profit to be made by having alts used that way.

Soi highly doubt that there is lot of people that did this, except thoses that plan to play on the opposite region.
    Labor "trade"? You give your NA labors to NA players and NA player will give EU labors to you. Its 3-3 accounts/player technically but doubled labor spending in single region. more labors/day = more gold = better gear

Quote Originally Posted by mikroman View Post
    Labor "trade"? You give your NA labors to NA players and NA player will give EU labors to you. Its 3-3 accounts/player technically but doubled labor spending in single region. more labors/day = more gold = better gear
    I guess it could work yeah. Don't think it would be that much of an advantage compared to how it was in Legacy.
    I mean beside rafining mats, trading labor would never occur since crafting gear is not really a thing anymore.

Also if every alts goes for rafining mats, welp the AH will be overload and price won't be profitable enough to make a good margin.
    And if someone has time to make tradepacks, well good for him then.

+ Reply to Thread