+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: ArcheAge Open Beta Marketplace Changes

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1

ArcheAge Open Beta Marketplace Changes

Adventurers,

Welcome to (almost) Open Beta! In just a few short hours, you'll be exploring the latest changes to ArcheAge brought about by Version 1.2 Build 4.7. We know how frustrating it is to have changes that you don't expect and we want to avoid the sense of "OH NOES NINJA CHANGE". Our intent is to share confirmed details as quickly as possible which is why we've been shipping you information as we verify it ourselves. The previous patch notes today didn't include the final Marketplace validations which were still in progress.

With that in mind, here's our Open Beta updates to the Marketplace:

MARKETPLACE
    * With our crafters in mind, all crafted items have been removed: Eco-Friendly Fuel and Shatigon’s Sandglasses.
    * Some costumes have been temporarily removed such as the swimsuits.
    * Purchasable mounts have had their speeds normalized as mentioned earlier in the patch notes. Snowlions are now correctly set as 9 m/s.
    * Mirage Isle mounts are not available at launch.
    * The Archeum Supply Crate has been added.
    * The Limited Edition: Skybound Housewarming Gift has been added.
    * The Auction House License for non-Patron accounts has been added.
    * The Workman's Compensation labor potion now has a reduced cooldown (four hours) and reduced price.

On the labor potion note in particular: a large part of our testing has been to ensure that our version's labor balance provides as much fun as possible for both Patrons and non-Patrons while keeping the game’s economy in balance. In the previous patch notes, you'll recall that labor costs have been removed from quest rewards. This was the most requested labor enhancement that was possible to make before launch and is an obvious benefit to everyone.

In follow-up Closed Beta surveys, the second most desired source of labor enhancement (85% of people) was "more labor potions on the Auction House". At current rate of labor potion consumption, it's expected that the game’s economy will remain healthy with slightly more in play as well. We're exploring this combination of findings by testing a new cooldown and price in a transparent test to see if this incentivizes more Auction House resale behavior of labor potions for in-game currency, causing more labor to flow through the economy to more people. As with our Closed Beta, we're looking at both subjective feedback and objective gameplay data to help guide us between now and launch, and, as always, even beyond.

The Marketplace section has been added to the patch notes for Build 4.7 and we're eager to hear your constructive feedback on it.
    [ @Scapes | Dev Tracker | Server Status | Latest News | FAQ | Need Help? ]
    [ "Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays." ]

We REALLY need some input / recognition of the discussion happening in http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...and-10.0-tiers.

It's a huge issue that needs to be addressed.

Also, those supply crates, marketplace-bought archeum?
    Skybound Housewarming gift: Can we get some more details on it please?
    Workman's Compensation: Meh? I suggest making it 500 lp with the reduced CD and cost.

Mirage Isle mounts not available at launch? like the Black Lilyut Horses? Why?

Swimsuits removed for what reason? they didn't have stats anymore.

Eco-Friendly Fuel and Shatigon's Sandglasses were a GREAT thing to have in the marketplace, i don't personally like that one but I do see that it's better overall to have them out.
    Fabulous!
    01100111 01110010 00111000 00100000 01100010 00111000 00100000 01101101 00111000 00100000 01101001 00100000 01110010 00111000 00100000 00111000 00101111 00111000

is APEX in?

* The Archeum Supply Crate has been added.

Oh boy...hope you're wearing a flame-******ent suit...

Archeum Supply Crate was a bad move at this stage. Batten down the hatches, the ♥♥♥♥ storm approaches!

First off, where is this survey that closed beta participants were asked to fill out? I didn't receive one, no one I know received one, and yet somehow 85% of people asked for more labor pots. Where's the proof? Retake the survey. Send us all an e-mail and tell us the legit stats.

36,000 labor per day via labor pots. inb4 people hit 50k on almost everything in headstart.

The archeum crate is pretty cheap move as well. Not cheap for us, but a quick way for Trion to make a crap-ton of money and break the economy early on.

What I hoped to see:
    Increased labor regen to 15/10 for patrons and 10/0 for f2p
    Increased labor potion cooldown to 48 hours
    Added 36 hour deletion timer for characters level 15 or higher

My Major Complaint:
    24 hours / 4 hours = 6 times per day * 1000 labor each = 6000 labor per day per character.
    6 characters max = 6 characters * 6000 labor per day per character = 36,000 labor per day.

With these stats I might as well make an army of f2p alts and feed them labor pots, and any sensible person who has the brains to figure this out will do the same. Archeage just became a game you can play by yourself with an army of alts. I don't think that goes too well with the "rely on your community to do anything big" thing that made Archeage unique.

My favorite memory of this game through all of alpha and beta was the coming together of the Salphira server to get a 10k alchemist in CB3/4. Now that's completely moot, I can just do it on my own with one alt to plant illegal shroom farms, one alt to pick them, one alt to process and one to get alchemy up. All in under 24 hours. Then in the next 24 hours, I can get it up to 20k easily. Then 30k the next day. So on and so forth.

This change makes this game have a total content time of about 2 weeks tops unless you want to 50k every crafting skill. Why should I play a game that will last a solo player 2 weeks that before would last a guild of 100 many months?

I sincerely hope this is only for Open Beta and not for headstart/launch.

For me, this ruins the longevity of this game. I was really hoping on sticking with Archeage. If these changes make it to live.... oh well, alpha/beta was fun.

Finally, thanks for removing the craftable items from the shop

I hope that's not all that has been added.... I want costumes,mounts, Weapon skins, and other stuff. We bought 11,250 credits and alpha and all of the closed betas I saw nothing worth spending it on. I really hope this isn't what I should expect for the whole game. "More will be added later" that's good for players who will be playing the game later but what about those of us who want to throw money at the game now?

Archeum supply crate? Labor Potion 4 hours cooldown still not account bound?

Ok im done lol no comment
    < CARPE DIEM/CARPE NOCTUM >
    Silent Storm
    Lettuce Cats Meow
    Since April 2014

I hear the angry villagers claiming P2W already!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast