+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Archepass quests should *flow with* normal gameplay - not *dictate* it.

Archepass quests should *flow with* normal gameplay - not *dictate* it.

No need to re-invent the wheel here - other games have integrated reward tracks far better (Warframe and Destiny 2 for example). Don't understand why AAUC's track isn't done in a similar fashion.

Pass progression should happen naturally as you play the game. Sure you can focus on it, but you shouldn't be required to.

As it currently stands, a player must do exactly what the pass quests dictate or they gain nothing - this wouldn't be a bad thing if the quests dictated goals that occur naturally as you play - but they don't - instead they have you ignoring the majority of the game for hours at a time, chasing tedious kill quests (and pinballing from region to region) or being stuck with quests that are either broken or un-completable for one reason or another.

For the pass to be a viable, useful and enjoyable thing - its quests need to be things like 'Kill 100/200/500 monsters', 'harvest 20/50/100 trees', 'Play for 2/5/10 hours', etc, etc - that sort of thing. Things we're going to accomplish while enjoying the game world we're here for. This also allows us to play with our friends and all work on the same things together.

Bottom line - the Archepass quests are a mess and its pretty obvious a lot of folks do not enjoy this system.

Woah.. you and I were on the same wave length there.. weird. 100% agree. The amount of dailies this game has takes away from the actual game itself. Gamigo should take a hands off approach and bring back the sandbox part of Archeage.

Most players think this way... I agree!
    Server: Halnaak
    Main-Race: Warborn
    Main-Class: Reaper
    Alt-Race: Harani
    Alt-Class: Doomlord

Death comes for all

Agree completely. ATM the daily quest quotas are my number one gripe with this game. It is a chore, not fun. Not fun at all.

if first quest is supposed to be kill quest, then let me kill number of mobs anywhere..
    the second is supposed to be labor oriented, we already have suggested harvest, i would make it more general, change it to use some amount of labor
    third is supposed to be pvp so something like kill some amount of players or something you can do anywhere during gameplay
    the 4th one premium, let it rotate between the 3 i guess ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mavor516 View Post
    No need to re-invent the wheel here - other games have integrated reward tracks far better (Warframe and Destiny 2 for example). Don't understand why AAUC's track isn't done in a similar fashion.

Pass progression should happen naturally as you play the game. Sure you can focus on it, but you shouldn't be required to.

As it currently stands, a player must do exactly what the pass quests dictate or they gain nothing - this wouldn't be a bad thing if the quests dictated goals that occur naturally as you play - but they don't - instead they have you ignoring the majority of the game for hours at a time, chasing tedious kill quests (and pinballing from region to region) or being stuck with quests that are either broken or un-completable for one reason or another.

For the pass to be a viable, useful and enjoyable thing - its quests need to be things like 'Kill 100/200/500 monsters', 'harvest 20/50/100 trees', 'Play for 2/5/10 hours', etc, etc - that sort of thing. Things we're going to accomplish while enjoying the game world we're here for. This also allows us to play with our friends and all work on the same things together.

Bottom line - the Archepass quests are a mess and its pretty obvious a lot of folks do not enjoy this system.
    The archepass system is fine. It doesn't have you ignoring the majority of the game. The kill quests usually have you killing mobs the same level as you or the current zone your level is. So you can do yellow or main quests while you do it. (Sometimes it sends you a zone or 2 back in levels which should be addressed). They have gathering and crafting quests as well. It's simple really. You don't have to rush the pass, it's weekly not daily. Do a couple kill quests in your current level zone alongside any quests you're doing. Then usually before I log for the day, I spend my last hour or 2 gathering/crafting which will complete some of my labor/gathering/crafting missions on the archepass. I only play like 3-4 hours a day because I work 11-12 hours a day. On days off I do more but i'm in no rush to complete it all on 1 day.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMrLvost View Post
    The archepass system is fine.
    One quick look around at any AAUC social sites will show you, many people do not feel this system is 'fine'.

The kill quests for me thus far today - Windscour, Cinderstone, Windscour, Rookborne, Cinderstone, Cinderstone. To do these means I must stop what I am doing and go to those places. It means I have to either burn time travelling back and forth, or resources to port there and back. It goes entirely against the flow of natural gameplay. Specially seeing as how I am nearing level 50 and have already been through all three of those zones.

The labor quests - sometimes they happen natually, but mostly they don't. Earning 500-1000 vocation tokens for gathering doesn't just happen without spending some serious time on it. Using 500-1000 labor, sure that can be done pretty easily inside the course of a play session. The quests that require you to burn labor or earn vocation by using certain tradeskills - why? Why not just let us burn or earn using what we're interested in?

The pass system works, and isn't 'horrible' - but its messy - and could stand for some tidying up and streamlining of much of what it wants us to do.

Yeah it's not that the archepass is necessarily a bad idea, it's just poorly implemented.
    As it's been said 100 times, and as I think most battle pass implementations in games are, the battle pass should just reward me for playing.
    Like kill 100 enemy players a week, or harvest 500 plants a week, or whatever.
    Don't make it a chore that I have to go out of my way to do.
    It should just reward me for stuff i'm already doing.

or even simpler a 15$/ a month baseline to play, then you don't have to do anything, just leave my game alone . no pay no play, the end. (just like WoW).

I agree! The Archepass should be changed. Maybe remove the gold and labor rewards as well?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast