+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Archepass system suggestion!

Lightbulb Archepass system suggestion!

As many players (including streamers/creators) have expressed, the Archepass as it currently stands is not enjoyable and does not flow with the natural player progression. The sheer amount of dailies is extremely time-consuming, stressful and (in my opinion) greatly hinders the sandbox "spirit" of Archeage.

BUT - I can offer a very simple change to the Archepass that I feel would create synergy with all aspects of Archeage gameplay.

Idea:
    Instead of having to complete missions to fill the Archepass gauge, change it so that the gauge is filled by spending labor points.
    This way, whether you're crafting, gathering, opening coin-purses or upgrading your gear, anything you spend labor on will contribute to your Archepass progress.
    This would greatly expand the level of freedom players have, allowing them to explore all that Archeage has to offer without feeling tied down to any one thing.

This also feels like a better idea then the current version.

by doing so you would not be able to finish archepass on your alt, you would have to make archepass account wide
    or if you want to just fill the gauge without quests, you want to use experience as you get it virtually for anything

Quote Originally Posted by Geobryn View Post
    by doing so you would not be able to finish archepass on your alt, you would have to make archepass account wide
    I like that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Geobryn View Post
    or if you want to just fill the gauge without quests, you want to use experience as you get it virtually for anything
    I did consider this at first, but I quickly changed my mind because (while it would still be better than the current mission system) this would just turn the Archepass into an even greater grind-fest.
    Why bother spending your labor for exp (which is limited) when you could just grind high-level mobs all day every day without any limit whatsoever? This would make endgame dailies and mob grinding way more viable for leveling the Archepass than anything else, making it themepark-focused.
    The crafter/gatherer would fall behind while the no-life grinder would quickly complete the Archepass and move on to the next.

Having the Archepass leveled by spending labor encourages the other sandbox elements, offers a limit that exp-gain doesn't, and overall provides way more freedom.

I also approve of this idea. Even though it sounds very simple, it would reward us for doing what we already want to do, and no force grindy gameplay outside the sandbox.

There seems to be a separation on opinion in relation to the Archepass.

1) the percentage of people who feel that the Archpass should be free/automatic rewards for playing the game in any capacity,

2) the percentage of people who feel the Archepass should be a separate "system" or series of quest's with their own rewards and incentives.

Regardess of how you feel the Archepass should be implemented the one thing that MOST players agree on is that the current system is broken. I will preface this statement by indicating there's a huge discussion about the role that the archepass should fulfill. That's not the discussion I'm attempting to touch on. instead I would like to point out that regardless of how much time you have to play (which will play into your opinion of how Archepass should behave) or your specific play style (seems a little different for everyone) the tasks and repetitiveness of this current system is all consuming. please change this one way or another. Either change it (and the rewards) to represent more of a "log in reward" system or make it harder content and reward system with unique but less valuable items to those who find an incentive to interact with it.

It's over rewarding currency. Five gold for mundane aimless random tasks that you may or may not accomplish by accident is sorta outrageous and eliminates the incentive of earning your coins exclusively through the economy system or actually investing into a profession. It certainly destroys the "short" game. You can still commit to a capitalistic style of gameplay but we are like a week into this "release" and silver is irrelevant. people can rake in 30 gold in 4 hours (and that's assuming their as slow and clumsy in game play as I myself am) by teleporting around and killing 10 mobs here/10 mobs there.. whatever.

The Archepass itself is not fun. These "quests" are generic, unintelligent, forced content that equates to a substantial time sink. Its currently Important enough to do these tasks that its totally and obviously disadvantaging if you choose not to participate in it for what ever reason. so its "necessary" to prioritize this content that frankly has very little entertainment value. every week your giving me 100 mundane quests that take an obvious precedence over any other play style (farming, pvp, questing, economy driven activities) because if you don't you will forfeit a substantial amount of wealth and other incentives) If you can not observe that this represents a problem to the future of this game or the population then I honestly have nothing else to say, we will simply disagree.

My personal opinion is that they cut all the gold/money from the Archepass entirely. This is an economy and player driven game as opposed to "theme-park" (at least that's my interpretation of intent) and unless your jumping directly to end-game or RNG crafting drops (growing Archeum trees or top tier lunagems/regrade scrolls) everything else is quickly becoming an irrelevant endeavor not worth the initial investment. The game, in 4 months is going to look and feel a lot more like WOW than most of us are willing to admit.

Thanks for reading: -Koedy
    (local Firran)

I agree the system would be greatly improved by the recommendation above.

@Koedy , thank you for expanding on this issues within the current Archepass. I completely agree on all points. The idea I suggested (or anything similar to that) would make the Archepass a passive reward system, rather than a separate and time-intensive, chore-like system.
    While I admit it's helpful to earn some extra gold easily through the quests (that is, if your RNG is good and you get easy quests without blowing your resets *cough*), it would be much more beneficial for the game overall if players were encouraged to go out in the world and find their gold-making niche through the vast-amount of sandbox features.

That's really the intention behind the suggested change.

As it is now, I spend almost all of my playtime trying to get those damn Archepass quests done (but usually get stuck with too many I can't complete), grinding a bit to level and then I have to do all my Hiram dailies. I basically have next to no time to do anything BUT dailies and traveling around between dailies. Every other aspect of the game is put on the backburner. This is the main issue facing the game right now - it's either you explore the sandbox and fall way behind, or you no-life dailies just to keep up. This HAS to change.

Why bother spending your labor for exp (which is limited) when you could just grind high-level mobs all day every day without any limit whatsoever? This would make endgame dailies and mob grinding way more viable for leveling the Archepass than anything else, making it themepark-focused.
    The crafter/gatherer would fall behind while the no-life grinder would quickly complete the Archepass and move on to the next.
    what do you mean by no limit ? we have 100 quests/week limit atm
    there could be a limit for exp too or more like there have to be some limit, burning through all 3 archepasses in one day is a no go
    you could make something like only 10% of grind exp goes to archepass if the fact that someone finished their 100 quests on monday while you would be done on wednesday bothers you

i personally wouldn't change the system per se, just rebalance the quests, because the faster you can fix it the better
    we already have all the necessary "quest templates" in game so replacing of some figures is just the easiest way

1) first category would have only 1 quest in pool, kill 30 mobs anywhere
    2) second category would have also only one quest, use 100 labor on anything
    3) third should be either earn x amount of honor, kill x amount of ppl, kill a boss or do a dungeon
    4) the premium one would just rotate between the 3 categories

then there is the issue with the 100/week limit, but i think even the 100 one is easy for any casual
    because labor limit is 10/5min which nets you 2880 labor per day, thats 28 "quests" per day just by playing aka using labor

now we need to address only one last thing, unlocking of the quests, let it cost nothing like the family/guild ones, there is absolutely no reason for it to cost gilda stars

so far I liked two ideas I've seen:

1) yours Toraseishin
    2) small daily login rewards - many games have such a thing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast