+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: explication about the Halloween Úvent?

Quote Originally Posted by Colthoron View Post
    Hard to see this as anything other than a giant FU from the developers. We all complained about not having a Halloween event. This was their response.

You want a Halloween event? Here you go. Now quit your b*tching.

I agree with Tinueda. Worst event I've ever done in an MMO.
    No the last anniversary event was full-blown aids. It was nearly impossible to complete unless you had certain mounts. I would rather have this one then the anniversary event.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentRed View Post
    No the last anniversary event was full-blown aids. It was nearly impossible to complete unless you had certain mounts. I would rather have this one then the anniversary event.
    I had rather have no events if these are the best they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentRed View Post
    I completed the anniversary easy with a simple glider.... Not that the event was good in any way, but you did not need mounts.
    I'm the cutest baby yata everrrr.
    I'll dance for grapes.
    YPS that spells cute! ^-^
    Hamlet & YPS, Best Friends Forever <3

-A New Breed- > -Facets of Erenor--The Goonies-
    Tahyang > Conviction > Kadum
    West Is The Best.
    Empy's Ypsyachu <3
    Watch me slave on EU for my patron. XD

On Jakar, the npc and coffin were still up after reset a couple of hours ago - but have now departed although the broken pieces have 20h left on their timer??

This seems like poor design. I bet I'm not the only one that expected more time to turn those in

This event felt as if it had been hastily and sloppily programmed in a single afternoon in an attempt to appease those of us who asked them to bring the old Hallowtide event back.

The RNG was awful, and brought back too many bad memories of RNG in the early crafting system. The serendipity stones being the most egregious example.

For those who didn't already know:

Failing at Rare: 1 broken piece
    Failing at Arcane: 1 broken piece
    Failing at Heroic: 1 broken piece
    Failing at Unique: 2 broken pieces
    Failing at Celestial: 2 broken pieces
    Failing at Divine: 2 broken pieces
    Failing at Epic: 3 broken pieces
    Failing at Legendary: 3 broken pieces

I wasn't able to find data for breaking one at Mythic.

This means that at 33 broken pieces, the serendipity stones required breaking a MINIMUM of 5 pumpkins at Epic, with an additional failed Epic needed for every pumpkin broken at heroic or below.

The math puts the average number of broken pieces any given player gets at around 20 for the event.

In my opinion, the serendipity stones should have been 11 pieces for 1, not 33 for 3.

After the Daru event in Ahnimar a while back, the playerbase made it abundantly clear that we did not like excessive RNG in events - Feedback that Gamigo and XL apparently decided to ignore.

Give us events that challenge our skill and intelligence, not ones that waste our time and labor.

Also, some of the rewards were apparently not claimable. One of my friends wanted the Lunar Tempers, which required the celestial bucket according to the text on it in the recipe. After getting a celestial bucket, he was still unable to exchange it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elorin View Post
    Also, some of the rewards were apparently not claimable. One of my friends wanted the Lunar Tempers, which required the celestial bucket according to the text on it in the recipe. After getting a celestial bucket, he was still unable to exchange it.
    Odd cause I managed to get lunar tempers a number of times but not once did I manage to get solar

Quote Originally Posted by sblmnl View Post
    On Jakar, the npc and coffin were still up after reset a couple of hours ago - but have now departed although the broken pieces have 20h left on their timer??

This seems like poor design. I bet I'm not the only one that expected more time to turn those in
    Same on Ezi. I looked during my rush around before maintenance and the npc and coffin had gone so. I cant do anything with the pieces

so.. what are we suppose to do with the broken pieces??? still got 10hrs to go and why they took the coffin? bring it back so we can take the rewards from it. pfff. im so over with this game. like seriusly. . this company had ruined the game so bad . i Never though i would say THIS but. I MISS F**G TRION!!
    <Disaster>

Legacy Mercenaries

Enla <3

Quote Originally Posted by Keela View Post
    so.. what are we suppose to do with the broken pieces??? still got 10hrs to go and why they took the coffin? bring it back so we can take the rewards from it. pfff. im so over with this game. like seriusly. . this company had ruined the game so bad . i Never though i would say THIS but. I MISS F**G TRION!!
    This is some Year 1 mess right here.
    Poofing the merchant for the pieces at the end of the event, stranding people with leftovers.
    Though at least there's a timer on the leftovers and they won't be sitting in your bag for 5 years, I guess.

Taking away the coffin a day before the timer ends? Taking away the NPC is one thing, but at the very least give us some way to redeem what we have. Put it in the mirage workbench or something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast