+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Archers shot range/Shooting through objects

Archers shot range/Shooting through objects

Playing in the arena matches is almost unplayable when up against archers, and when its multiple archers, especially as a melee class.. well.. Archers have 3+ times the range on their bow than my weak little basic bow shot, and to top it off they can shoot through objects, like the crates, just because they have you targeted. Getting hit by AoE through objects, although annoying, is one thing, but this is a whole other level of broke. You give archers multiple means of avoiding and CCing others, and then we can't even escape because they can literally shoot you from so far you can barely see them. Please adjust archers range, this is beyond silly.

This has to be a troll post.

Lol

Oh? I didn't realize shooting through objects was a reasonable game design, or being able to shoot 2-3times as far as your opponent. Makes sense... You must be an archer

your either trolling or your ping is ♥♥♥♥ing trash or you just suck as a melee dps and should reroll cuz as a melee dps you are the counter to archers since they lose damg when you get clsoe to them and than you can just cc lock them to death

"When you get close to them," did you even bother to read what I initially said? Or are you just hell bent on being a prick? I said they have an extreme range with their bow, and they can shoot THROUGH objects. If you have nothing of value to say, don't bother. Seriously

i mean you shouldnt be trying to trade ranged shots with a archer in the first place your stats arent built for it and most of their abilitys dont go thur walls its just a ping issue for you and their range isnt 3x alot of their abilitys are alot lower in range than you think

I don't try to trade shots with a ranger, clearly that is a bad idea as a melee character, but numerous times I have been trying to get away, running around a corner still getting shot. Not shot once or twice like a bad ping would suggest, and my ping is pretty good around 50-80 more often than not, but getting shot repeatedly usually resulting in death. I've also been hit with AoEs while being on the other side of the crates in the arenas (with the 2 walls being in the way of the caster), which clearly shows that at the very least spells go through objects. That is not a ping issue, that is a game design flaw.

None of their abilities can directly go through walls. If it's going through a wall it's because they had LOS on you (which you may not notice because of latency) at the point they fired it.

The vast majority of archery skills have a 28m range when in full leather. Most other ranged classes have a 20-25m maximum range. Triple range is a gross exaggeration. There's only two skills that could be possibly hitting you at close to 50-60m range, missile rain and snipe. Both of which are very long CD, have a significant cast time, and mediocre damage.

dont forget when you get the ANC version's they lose alot of range also and i quote "Archers have 3+ times the range on their bow than my weak little basic bow shot" so at one point in this game as a melee dps you did in fact try to trade shots with a archer or atleast thought about it
    also thos walls your talking about can be broken so it makes sense that abilitys could go thur them at the very least also missile rain is one of the very few skills that can just go thur ♥♥♥♥ without a care in the world

+ Reply to Thread