+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: rework the current garbage prison/crime system suggestion

rework the current garbage prison/crime system suggestion

the current prison/crime system is absolutely trash, high risk/low reward and extremely punishing

First off i don't understand why when ur wanted for crimes the guards are the ones that blow u up and put u in prison on-sight when the very debuff itself reads "goes to prison when killed by other PLAYERS". The operative word here being PLAYERS and not guards

Secondly why does it cost over 3k labor to escape now when it used to cost marginally less? it takes like 500 labor PER TRY to dig into the trash and look for a total of 5 spoons while it used to only cost 1 labor per try (see here https://youtu.be/sKyWdfShm4w)?

best part is if you do manage to escape your crime point is automatically increased to 300 + anyway and u will once again be one shot by npcs and be put right back into prison, sick labor scam

imo u could do sht that could help generate more content specifically just from the crime/prison system:

- copy arma and create a new profession called vigilante/bounty hunting and reward players for hunting down other wanted players, way better than grinding archepass 24 hours a day

- make it so that it doesn't cost u 3k labor to escape, by the time u find 5 spoons ur sentence will already be reduced to zero so wtf is the point and make it so that when u do escape u don't automatically regain 300 + crime points

- make it so that u dont get one shot by guards and only go to jail when killed by players, that makes zero sense to me

- fix the braindead jury system where carebear and sjws send u to jail for 8 + hours for chopping trees it makes no sense to me

pls fix this crime/prison system it's way too punishing and not rewarding enough. this game is designed to have grievers, not sitting under the rainbow and playing with unicorns while catching butterflies

Bounty hunting is in the cost is there because people were escaping and going back over and over to try and get a jury to innocent them as for "braindead" jury guess what you don't want to go to jail for 8+ hours don't grief your own faction, simple as that

Edit: It's not really designed to have griefers it's designed to allow you to grief but there will be consequences for your actions and if you don't like being caught get crime cleaners and you can't be reported from footprints or blood at least :P

Quote Originally Posted by Drin View Post
    Bounty hunting is in the cost is there because people were escaping and going back over and over to try and get a jury to innocent them as for "braindead" jury guess what you don't want to go to jail for 8+ hours don't grief your own faction, simple as that

Edit: It's not really designed to have griefers it's designed to allow you to grief but there will be consequences for your actions and if you don't like being caught get crime cleaners and you can't be reported from footprints or blood at least :P

?
    in what world should people have to sit on their computer and in front of their monitor, logged onto their game for 8+ hours just because they killed some nerd in their own faction in a game that's designed to allowed you to kill your own faction?

the consequences are overkilled and braindead, if you don't think so idk what to tell you, also what you say has nothing to do with my suggestion so what's your point here exactly? advocating how snowflakes feel?

sadly I agree with Harambequisha - crime system is to punishing.
    On old server I could kill some ppl and go for 1h jail - AAU you kill few ppl and you go for 6h
    this is to much

Tbh I think repeat offenders mainly those who stack up crime points and are a constant pain to the rest of the community should be exiled... i.e red to all. (Create a factionless option, no guilds no nothing, just a single player who can't group up with anyone..)

As for the length of time having to be logged while you sit in jail.. learn to play soccer or stay out of the archeage court system, lol...

Though I will say that yeah neutral guards should remain neutral.. if they let a pirate or an opsonong faction member walk around then someone with the wanted debut should be fine as well. Maybe not at the prison or the factions major city but everywhere else, yeah let a player turn them in.. and if they use a bounty hunter piece of gear to do it they should get gold!

I don't think pirates should be allowed in the faction major city either......

Quote Originally Posted by Living Steel View Post
    Tbh I think repeat offenders mainly those who stack up crime points and are a constant pain to the rest of the community should be exiled... i.e red to all. (Create a factionless option, no guilds no nothing, just a single player who can't group up with anyone..)

As for the length of time having to be logged while you sit in jail.. learn to play soccer or stay out of the archeage court system, lol...
    you do know going over 3k CP moves you into the pirates right? thats how the game "exiles" someone lol also theres a "player created faction" in the game so i dont see where the problem is

As for the Crime System yes... its perhaps a bit too harsh seeing a guy being sentenced to 1800+ minutes jail time doesnt seem right no matter how much trouble hes been causing
    And i do agree that there should be something like a bountry hunting implemented in the game would make things much more interesting since all the Crime System now is being used for is going Pirate you are not rewarded in any way for sending someone to jail... even jurors get rewarded with rather insignificant stuff but its still something i guess...
    They should atleast remove the anonymous jurors things cause now since you dont know whos on the other side people are maxing your ♥♥♥ for no reason

I think there should be a maximum sentence time. This way the griefers can still be punished, but not excessively so.
    Jagielski is perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Harambequisha View Post
    the current prison/crime system is absolutely trash, high risk/low reward and extremely punishing

First off i don't understand why when ur wanted for crimes the guards are the ones that blow u up and put u in prison on-sight when the very debuff itself reads "goes to prison when killed by other PLAYERS". The operative word here being PLAYERS and not guards

Secondly why does it cost over 3k labor to escape now when it used to cost marginally less? it takes like 500 labor PER TRY to dig into the trash and look for a total of 5 spoons while it used to only cost 1 labor per try (see here https://youtu.be/sKyWdfShm4w)?

best part is if you do manage to escape your crime point is automatically increased to 300 + anyway and u will once again be one shot by npcs and be put right back into prison, sick labor scam

imo u could do sht that could help generate more content specifically just from the crime/prison system:

- copy arma and create a new profession called vigilante/bounty hunting and reward players for hunting down other wanted players, way better than grinding archepass 24 hours a day

- make it so that it doesn't cost u 3k labor to escape, by the time u find 5 spoons ur sentence will already be reduced to zero so wtf is the point and make it so that when u do escape u don't automatically regain 300 + crime points

- make it so that u dont get one shot by guards and only go to jail when killed by players, that makes zero sense to me

- fix the braindead jury system where carebear and sjws send u to jail for 8 + hours for chopping trees it makes no sense to me

pls fix this crime/prison system it's way too punishing and not rewarding enough. this game is designed to have grievers, not sitting under the rainbow and playing with unicorns while catching butterflies
    Maybe you should spend your time learning to play the game and understand why things work the way they do, rather than foaming at the mouth to those of us who do.

Deal with it.
    Another launch, another dumpster fire...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast