+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Legacy PTS Please

I play every day in live EU server since 2014.
    I play in PTS for test and check update few days before a big update, but that's all. It's a public test server.
    It's more peacefull and freefarm than live. No many players, and no real economy because you have cheat code.
    It's not update every time, less update cash shop, close often during many days/weeks.
    If you play in PTS or during close or if Trion wipe it, what do you do ?

Quote Originally Posted by Guizmo View Post
    I play every day in live EU server since 2014.
    I play in PTS for test and check update few days before a big update, but that's all. It's a public test server.
    It's more peacefull and freefarm than live. No many players, and no real economy because you have cheat code.
    It's not update every time, less update cash shop, close often during many days/weeks.
    If you play in PTS or during close or if Trion wipe it, what do you do ?
    Okay, And I have been playing on Live since April 2015. Started on NA Aranzeb, then was told about the separation of the Labor Points and Loyalty from EU. So made a toon on EU too, did the whole convert raw mats to crafting mats and posted on the AH for the gold to buy APEX. Mind you, I was paying for Patron with real money, but also wanted the cosmetics and didn't have the money for that. Then I saw there was a PTS server, made a character there. PTS is where I found the more honorable players. People could talk and negotiate stuff that would be beneficial for everyone.

Not saying there was anything wrong with EU, I grew to like chatting with the people on the EU server.

Now the NA server, just being there was rough. So very toxic.

So for the quiet zen of the game of Archeage, PTS was the place to be.

Also, not everyone getting onto PTS knew of the benevolent demi-god Fluffy. I was on PTS for like 2 months and was finally educated about Fluffy. Also, Fluffy doesn't give everything. The command for the Trade Runs doesn't give enough mats for one trade pack. But Fluffy is still loved, ...and sorely missed when he takes unannounced vacations.

Exactly...to be honest I get sick of certain people who think PTS is an "actual" PTS...if it was it would of been wiped years ago. And if it was like Panterah said, Fluffy would give everything and he/she doesn't..majority of the stuff we all have now is through years of grinding. Hell my first end-game piece of gear was a Delphinad Wave Flute for when Ayanad didn't even exist yet. And I also agree Panterah, I've played ArcheAge for about 4-5 years in total, 4 years on PTS..since the first day of the PTS being opened. So like everyone else I've also been here as loyal Knight for many years..

I have to agree NA is toxic, which made me go to EU, which of course I like better. Not all of NA is toxic, like the old server Kraken at the time used to have its own circle of people, until Trion's BS merging ruined that all, but NA is a bit much at times. But anyways, yea, Its not just a PTS server to us..we all know that one day the PTS might be wiped. But don't you think there is a reason why Trion/Khrolan decided not to wipe it for a very long time? I still remember Khro saying how he and the others didn't expect such a big community on the PTS lol. And frankly the PTS community has basically made the tight circle with everyone on here, many from NA, EU and even some I have come across from the KR servers. Even new people that join to test and/or have fun are in this circle now.

And to be honest, even if this gets my account banned again..I don't care, I am so sick of your kind of people to where they non-stop complain about the PTS server and tell others like what you have said Guizmo. All because its not a "real server" to you doesn't mean it isn't for everyone who has been here since the beginning. Its like those idiots from Live that sometimes goes on forums and makes a thread wanting the PTS to be wiped. As always their reason is "PTS needs to be a REAL test server!" And as Mak put it plaining before of what I remember that day: "Oh so Fluffy can break even more then before?" And what I would like to add too is "So to grind everything all over again? Sure..fck off." And yes, Fluffy is a bot/werewolf (if you look at him/her on RIFT PTS) but we do get sad/joke when he/she goes on vacation. Its not just about the "cheats;" Fluffy does mean more to us then just a bot.

So being honest if you don't like PTS Guizmo, then go back to EU..If you can't stand PTS not being a "real" PTS server then stop playing it. Thats all I can say.
    Lost Ark....a new Devilian, as one waits until the sun rises from the east to the west, the Ancient Warriors of Immortal Hero's resting...waiting for the drummer..so they can once again...awaken from their eternal slumber.

My adventure with PTS also started a few years ago, in times when there was no Hiram, only "p2w" was pleasant to play on "live" servers, other players had less fun, especially in pvp (maybe that's why I have such a trauma to pvp in AA?) And suddenly I found PTS. For several days I wandered around asking myself: What am I doing here? until some "good soul" told me about Fluffy. My prayers and litanies to "God Fluffy" started, and He / She gave me and since then PTS was my second home. In it I could manufacture and check items that I could only dream of on live servers. Most of my knowledge about the game came from PTS, where I could check what I wanted without any problems or losses. Soon after the introduction of erenor, some of the pts community withdrew, I don't know the reason, but probably the reason was the change in pts access plans. The others remained more persistent, and so did I. At the moment I spend most of my time on AAU, but when I do everything I have planned, I miss the opportunity to enter the PTS, exchange two words with people, and this specific climate that gave some relief, peace. At PTS I really felt like I was at AA home. I miss him so much, for people, for Fluffy. By the way, I greet all the "old guard" from pts.
    And I have a request for people who for some reason do not like PTS, if you do not like them, do not come in, do not write on the forum that this is not a real server etc. For many people it is real, respect it. For us, playing pts is more interesting than on other servers. Here we have our pleasure with AA.
    Taris - Noxie, Pts1 - Alisee, Pts1 - Drakul (Nuia), Pts2 - Bliss
    Real life doesn't exist, its only Afk

Quote Originally Posted by Noxie View Post
    My adventure with PTS also started a few years ago, in times when there was no Hiram, only "p2w" was pleasant to play on "live" servers, other players had less fun, especially in pvp (maybe that's why I have such a trauma to pvp in AA?) And suddenly I found PTS. For several days I wandered around asking myself: What am I doing here? until some "good soul" told me about Fluffy. My prayers and litanies to "God Fluffy" started, and He / She gave me and since then PTS was my second home. In it I could manufacture and check items that I could only dream of on live servers. Most of my knowledge about the game came from PTS, where I could check what I wanted without any problems or losses. Soon after the introduction of erenor, some of the pts community withdrew, I don't know the reason, but probably the reason was the change in pts access plans. The others remained more persistent, and so did I. At the moment I spend most of my time on AAU, but when I do everything I have planned, I miss the opportunity to enter the PTS, exchange two words with people, and this specific climate that gave some relief, peace. At PTS I really felt like I was at AA home. I miss him so much, for people, for Fluffy. By the way, I greet all the "old guard" from pts.
    And I have a request for people who for some reason do not like PTS, if you do not like them, do not come in, do not write on the forum that this is not a real server etc. For many people it is real, respect it. For us, playing pts is more interesting than on other servers. Here we have our pleasure with AA.

Well said Noxie! I think the reason of everyone leaving PTS at the time with the Erenor update was that PTS was closed for all F2P accounts and only Patron accounts. Of course due to Trion's bs of wanting the PTS to be closed forever, but thanks to the community, they manage to make a "deal" to where AA PTS would be open only for Patron accounts, so that PTS wouldn't shut down forever. To be honest I was annoyed about it at first, but in another sense I didn't want the PTS to be closed forever either lol. Of course just before Trion left, they opened the PTS to everyone again.

Granted I still play on EU now that gold is a bit easier to obtain and grinding Hiram and such. But PTS will always be my home haha.
    Lost Ark....a new Devilian, as one waits until the sun rises from the east to the west, the Ancient Warriors of Immortal Hero's resting...waiting for the drummer..so they can once again...awaken from their eternal slumber.

Yes, there was a huge commotion at the time of closing the pts. Many people were discouraged and did not return. And the longer pts is closed, I have the growing impression that the "desire to create a test environment" for work on AAU was just an excuse to close pts. I do not want to believe that such a large company as Gamigo cannot afford a test server database for internal testing, which they already had to have before. The situation is very bad when in a game as extensive as AA players do not have access to the test server all the time. On AAU servers, every day there are a lot of questions from players on the game chat for whom AA is new. And as I remember my beginnings with AA, it's really difficult to get acquainted with the game. I think pts could help them with this.
    Taris - Noxie, Pts1 - Alisee, Pts1 - Drakul (Nuia), Pts2 - Bliss
    Real life doesn't exist, its only Afk

Ah yea, it was really sad hearing that many old members left after that update, but at least we still have a lot that came back after a while. And with AAU, granted, I do think putting the AAU test server on the PTS1 wasn't really a good idea since majority of the time testers would be stuck at the queue, disconnect a lot (reminds me of when Secrets of Ayanad came out lol) and have other issues along with it, thank god in a sense Gamigo extended the time so that the testers were able to test the game before it came out. Frankly that's why though I thought PTS2 would of been better since no one uses it, and would of been separate from PTS1, and they could use PTS2 for AAU testing, but hey that's just me.

I remember when I first joined AA it was fun, (except for 2 different accidental bans during the gold spammer bot rush at the time lol). I am a fast learner when it comes to adapting to certain games and controls, so from going to MMO war game like "World of Tanks" to ArcheAge, a fantasy MMO, it took some time to get used to but control/skill wise it wasn't bad. But it was a bit confusing for me back then. Especially when it came to what gear should I go for lol. But once I got onto PTS (when it was just Level me up Fluffy and the other 2 commands); from then on PTS kind of helped me to figure out what to "go for" you know? And whats worth getting on Live Servers.

I personally find any PTS of any game really helpful besides testing. Like wondering what is better for Live servers rather then sitting there and wasting time grinding for something and only find out that it isn't great or wasn't worth it lol. Devilian PTS was the same in this sense, not only were we testing the new stuff, but Devilian had TONS of different end-game gear like maybe 5 different sets. So for Devilian PTS it was nice to go on there and not only test the gear or whatever, but also know for myself what is the best to go for on Live servers. I personally think for the players of AAU, that having a test server open would be good for them. (tbh, if this does happen, then it should be PTS2, because I am a bit afraid that PTS1 would just get clogged just trying to handle normal ArcheAge and ArcheAge Unchained at the same time).

Think there are two reasons for no PTS, manpower - they just don't have anyone to manage it. And I think the servers PTS was on is used to run the extra AAU servers they had to open.

Who are you talking to? He worked for so many years without any "controls". And, I think that in the future, PTS will do without management. Why don't those who are responsible for the PTS communicate with the players themselves? To shed more truth, so to speak, so that stupid, far-fetched and completely unconfirmed speculations do not arise. Guessing is pointless, and faster PTS from guesses will not open, but the administration owes. Due to those who gave your mother five years playing on the PTS, and poured a pretty impressive amount there.

Yes, of course, all the crystals remained on the main servers, but I do not need them. The fact is that I once looked at the amount of currency, and it turned out that it had already accumulated more than three hundred thousand. And now answer me that I just paid ?! Paid for the PTS to shut down without saying a word ?! Of course, Trion is legally covered as much as possible, and demanding from them is simply - stupid. But a conscience must also be had! I don’t understand, is it so hard for them to give an answer on a question related to PTS ?! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, complete ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥!

D'oH!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellita View Post
    ... And I think the servers PTS was on is used to run the extra AAU servers they had to open.
    Dang, this could be the case! Gosh, I hope not

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast