+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Players seek benefits from the bug cargo Ship

Thumbs up Players seek benefits from the bug cargo Ship

Some players use bugs to sweep players that carry goods across the side to fall from the boat to rob the goods. When a player who has a product falls out of the boat, the protection ticket will not have effect, causing bugs users to seek benefits, kill the player who dropped the boat and compete for the product.

This has been like this since original legacy release and it's still not been fixed.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...=1#post2727408
    Carendash:
    Heya,

just a little update about the cargo ship post of mine.
    Blocking off the ladder is not an exploit, also to take all the possible seats is not an exploit.
    Regarding knocking players off the ship, we are in discussion with XL for the physics and collision mechanics that cause this.
    While we do feel that this is not in any way a fun experience, we do not feel this is an exploit, and wish to correct the underlying issue that causes this.
    I am sorry for the misleading comment and hope i could clarify it now.

Carendash

"While we do feel that this is not in any way a fun experience, we do not feel this is an exploit, and wish to correct the underlying issue that causes this."
    Too bad they never corrected that underlying issue that causes this...
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Well, to be honest, physics issues are quite hard to fix sometimes. In my 3d platformer (where all AI entities are physics-based so I don't have to worry about stuff like collision detection) in the beginning some AI entities were committing suicide by jumping out of high cliffs into the void below which was quite hard to nail down without having to resort to adding some artificial stuff like AI-only invisible walls. In the end I've managed to fix this, but yeah, it was pretty hard to do so and it still happens occasionally nowadays.

This bug seems to be of similar sort, because technically physics engine works correctly (player gets hit by heavy moving entity like sail of another boat, player gets knocked off the boat he's standing on) but it results in unintended consequences. I don't think it can be fixed properly, short of "gluing" player to the boat (which may present its own set of glitches) or making him passable to entities that aren't on the boat (which may lead to stuff like player falling through the world or unable to interact with enemies if that flag is not correctly disabled).
    Jagielski is perfection.

Hmm this is not considered an exploit? But a raid full of dwarves killing mobs in 30 lvl areas for the archepass missions was an exploit?

Oh man. I am baffled with the thought process of theirs of what they consider an exploit and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jopezie View Post
    Hmm this is not considered an exploit? But a raid full of dwarves killing mobs in 30 lvl areas for the archepass missions was an exploit?

Oh man. I am baffled with the thought process of theirs of what they consider an exploit and what not.
    "abusing game mechanics for unintended purposes" is an expliot by definition, that post is exactly why that ♥♥♥♥♥♥ should be fired...

They didnt consider the dwarves "exploit" as an exploit. And no that of the cargo ship they dont see as an exploit either. As someone stated its a problem ppl complained about since the cargo ship was introduced into the game. But they promised that xl would make a change to the mechanics so this couldnt happen which till today never was fixed. Try to get a seat or go on a ladder thats how most ppl have been adjusting to this problem waiting for a fix

Hey there. Imagine a Sea Fight and u get hit by the sail from the attacker. its the same when ppl are attacking the merchant if you dont hold anything youll get down. so for me its not an exploit. just it dont looks nice in the game. Its a pvp game and pirating is allowed. so for me the presentation of it should be fixed.

BuT i PaId FoR pRoTeCtIon!!!11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast