+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: About the comming Regarding ArchePass compensation

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhisors View Post
    I'm actually on the same train of thought when i saw these comments. We never got free expansion scrolls(That i can remember). I don't even think there were any events that gave them for free either. I have been playing since launch.

    That being said - i don't think it would have hurt the game at all to give us 100 character slots to start with and 100 storage per character. Obtained through story quests. Then put the otherworldly storage in the diligence tab instead of credits. I'm not a hoarder, so it doesn't bother me, but it is rather tough for some people, that the only way to quickly get more inventory is credits.

    Why?

    This game has been starting characters with 50 inventory, 50 warehouse since its inception. (Yes, I'm a Founder) Sure, was easy to buy more back then and a few packs had maybe 3 scrolls as part of the benefits.

    But the game has Always been - you start with 50 and 50. Why would they suddenly start with 100 and 100 just because you can't simply buy more scrolls anymore?

    Everybody is on the same playing field. Isn't this what Unchained is all about? Isn't this what the Players screamed for?

    8)

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    Why?

    This game has been starting characters with 50 inventory, 50 warehouse since its inception. (Yes, I'm a Founder) Sure, was easy to buy more back then and a few packs had maybe 3 scrolls as part of the benefits.

    But the game has Always been - you start with 50 and 50. Why would they suddenly start with 100 and 100 just because you can't simply buy more scrolls anymore?

    Everybody is on the same playing field. Isn't this what Unchained is all about? Isn't this what the Players screamed for?

    8)
    This game started as use gold to increase inventory and its still that way in kr.. they changed that to milk the rest of the world like they always do. You throw founder out like that means something.. everyone i know was with all the hype this game had on its actual first release.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxi View Post
    FFXIV does not and provides you with literally several hundreds of bag and storage slots, and yes, you can buy retainers for additional space (Which, again, are several hundred). Your point? Basically "GW2 cucks me from having a decent inventory to start with, so I love getting cucked.".



    They are. And then? What does the company do when your slots are maxed? Probably pay you for coming up with another apology.



    Oh I thought those were sold (overpriced) game packages and cosmetics like costumes, housing items, dyes, mount skins, pet skins, and so on. Dodged a bullet there, thanks for your wisdom. I didn't know that this poor publisher has somehow to make profit or else they're gonna die and can't keep the servers running while they barely eat and drink enough to survive day by day T-T

    Or, you know, they're a COMPANY, and like every COMPANY, they're not there to just keep their services running, theyre there to make MAXIMUM PROFIT.



    This is exactly the point you're not getting. It's NOT a convenience thing. Expanding your inventory and storage does NOT make your game more convenient. It just makes it less inconvenient. Limitations like these are there to make the player feel sh!t to NOT have the solution they're selling and does not offer expansions to make the player feel better. You're not starting from 0 buying your way up. You're starting from a negative. You're not starting from "Yeah this is a decent inventory.". You're starting from "This inventory is way too small". The amount of bag and inventory space is, as the game is designed, under no circumstances sufficient in the long run. It's designed to force you into the cash shop because it's a free to play residue. They were once literally handed out by main story quests. For free. Like it should be. To get a decently sized inventory. But they took them away afterwards, even though a decent sized inventory was already in the game for everyone. They just took it away and made you pay up for it instead, and you have nothing better to do than sucking on that juicy corporate ♥♥♥♥ and say this is a damn fine thing to do.
    This is buy to play now. With no more arbitrary bullsh!t. It's time to try and make the game that we paid for as enjoyable as possible for us TO STAY. You probably have zero business experience or common sense anyway but the bigger goal here is not to rip the customer off once but satisfy them to make them come back and give you more of their money, which does not work by ruining their experience with garbage that shouldn't be there in the first place.

    Tell me why they didn't put expansion scrolls in the cash shop in the first place then, instead of Diligence Store exclusive. How was this poor publisher even supposed to make money in the first place if, in your opinion, there should definitely be a place for solutions of arbitrary BS in the cash shop? Cosmetics? Actual player influx due to good game design? Optional stuff? Nah, you gotta make every player's gaming experience worse, they'll surely love this game more and buy our cosmetics now, right?

    Can't believe these low class apologists without the most basic common sense even still exist. Still think that companies don't aim for maximum profit. Which they can, but if you do it at your customer's expense, your customers get pissed. Can't apologize BS like this, unless you're a paid shill.

    Wish you best of luck in your next loot box purchases in full priced games with online multiplayer! Hope you get something cool, and if not, don't worry, you gotta pay the multi billion dollar game companies somehow! Keep those servers going goyim! ;^)

    Apologies for having to quote the whole thing for one point.

    It does not make it more convenient .... It makes is less Inconvenient .....

    Gee.... lets think this through.... If something is Not convenient, and we do something to make it ' less ' inconvenient ..... that makes it More convenient that it had been. Note: If you are going to split hairs, make sure they both do Not come out equal.

    You statement is Ridiculous.... IMHO..... which drops the credibility of the whole message.... IMHO

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller5862 View Post
    This game started as use gold to increase inventory and its still that way in kr.. they changed that to milk the rest of the world like they always do. You throw founder out like that means something.. everyone i know was with all the hype this game had on its actual first release.
    Not in NA. From the very beginning it has been scrolls. You could buy them from the AH with gold, but only if people put them up for sale. And if you don't know what Founder is, you know nothing about this game. You don't know about the disaster called the Auroria Launch. You don't know about not being able to log in the AA for over a Week because of DDOS attacks that every other MMO seemed to be able to deal with. You don't know about Hasla gear. You don't know about Obsidian. You don't know about Bots that literally took every new piece of territory that opened up and placed starter homes. You never watched a character at a specialty station load a wagon, see the WAGON teleport away, see the person summon a new wagon, and make more tradepacks - using thousands of labor. You have not got a clue what this game was, how it got to this point, and what some of us have endured and still stayed with this game.

    Founder does mean something. I respect EVERY other person with the original Founder title.

    And if You don't respect it, then I have no reason to listen to a single thing you say.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    Not in NA. From the very beginning it has been scrolls. You could buy them from the AH with gold, but only if people put them up for sale. And if you don't know what Founder is, you know nothing about this game. You don't know about the disaster called the Auroria Launch. You don't know about not being able to log in the AA for over a Week because of DDOS attacks that every other MMO seemed to be able to deal with. You don't know about Hasla gear. You don't know about Obsidian. You don't know about Bots that literally took every new piece of territory that opened up and placed starter homes. You never watched a character at a specialty station load a wagon, see the WAGON teleport away, see the person summon a new wagon, and make more tradepacks - using thousands of labor. You have not got a clue what this game was, how it got to this point, and what some of us have endured and still stayed with this game.

    Founder does mean something. I respect EVERY other person with the original Founder title.

    And if You don't respect it, then I have no reason to listen to a single thing you say.
    EU lunch was same - scrools - Dahuta founder here !

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    Why?

    This game has been starting characters with 50 inventory, 50 warehouse since its inception. (Yes, I'm a Founder) Sure, was easy to buy more back then and a few packs had maybe 3 scrolls as part of the benefits.

    But the game has Always been - you start with 50 and 50. Why would they suddenly start with 100 and 100 just because you can't simply buy more scrolls anymore?

    8)
    Because the business model changed. Severe inventory limitations are put in place
    to get the customers to spend real money on the convenience of having more space. You see a lot of those limitations in micro transaction games. You see a lot less of those in Buy to play games, since in those game the goal is not to irritate customer in order to get them to spend, but provide a good gaming experience to keep them coming back.

    Of course inventory has to be limited to force some efficiency, but having 50+50 slots is awfully low for a game that has thousands of different objects.

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberlocc View Post
    That Additional income is needed for the game to survive, not sure why all you people think that video game company's are a charity.
    I'm not sure you understand the concept of charity. Buying a game and expect to get a working product is not charity. They got our money, they need to deliver the goods. We bought a Buy2play game, but we got a pay2win game that didn't change their core concepts to the new business model.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post

    Everybody is on the same playing field. Isn't this what Unchained is all about? Isn't this what the Players screamed for?

    8)
    AAU was about removing the pay2"win" business model by removing everything from the credit shop but cosmetic items(to my understanding). But they kind of snuck the otherworldy chest in the market without much fuss from the playerbase. It wasn't to big of deal since we had Archepass, but that went down the drain lol.

    Some people are at a disadvantage due to not being able to have as much inventory as others because they were able to claim the package multiple times, play 24/7(not really a problem but it prevents the rest of the players from catching up in any way) and get way more diligence than anyone. I know someone who has near max character storage and warehouse storage(I reported him and hes still not banned). I can guarantee others are out there too who abused diligence claiming(We shall see if Gamigo does take action, but i doubt it). So at this point due to problems that have surfaced its not really a fair start unless you abused something.

    So this has a domino effect. Because those players were able to max their inventory, or get more than normally possible(I have reported several players who have claimed over 1200 diligence each). All the upcoming diligence compensation they can put to labor while the rest of us are stuck buying inventory that they got for free. That is where this problem lays. If our storage was 100/100 at the start, none of these inventory things would even be a problem.




    TLDR: Business model changed. Also because of exploits claiming compensation packages ... and problems with archepass.. we have no option but to pay for inventory, while some got it for free.
    Xhisors
    Enigmatist --- Spellsong --- Daggerspell
    Honor Bound | Commander

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9
    I don't think anyone has mentioned the obvious Elephant in the room regarding storage, the credit store storage item that gives you 100 more slots.

    Why would Gamigo want you to easily expand your storage when they're selling 100 slots for 1600ish credits? The presence of this item sounded alarm bells for me at release, if storage was not meant to still make Gamigo $$ then why not just set everyone to max slots right away?

    In a buy to play game limited inventory makes zero sense, unless it's a revenue stream.

    This being the case, just put the damn expansion scrolls back in the cash shop, and let the slippery slope back to p2w commence!

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveman1000 View Post
    Because the business model changed. Severe inventory limitations are put in place
    to get the customers to spend real money on the convenience of having more space. You see a lot of those limitations in micro transaction games. You see a lot less of those in Buy to play games, since in those game the goal is not to irritate customer in order to get them to spend, but provide a good gaming experience to keep them coming back.

    Of course inventory has to be limited to force some efficiency, but having 50+50 slots is awfully low for a game that has thousands of different objects.

    Not seeing it.

    Compare to ESO. Thats a B2P. You start with 60 bag slots. You want more, buy them - either with a LOT of in game gold or with credits. Your mount starts at speed of 1. Max speed is 60. And that does make a Huge travel time difference. Go faster - In game gold at 1 point per day, so it takes 60 days to reach max speed - or use credits and buy speed at +10 speed per 1000 credits.

    IMHO, Every B2P has its base game, that everyone starts at. You can earn the perks and improvements, but that takes time, or you can just buy them as they are generally mostly cosmetic. But even then, if you buy them they are solely for the character you purchase for. The next character starts from base. Every character starts from base.

    In ESO there is literally Nothing that you can buy with credits that you can turn around and sell on the our equiivalent of the AH. (They use a Trader system which is complete garbage, but thats another story)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts