+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Opinion: Ability to have 3 accounts per player should be replaced by ability to create 6 characters

This is correct, having 3 accounts IS AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE, an intended one, and IS P2W.

It is true that anyone can have multiple accounts and game companies cannot stop that. BUT. This game company REQUIRES players to have multiple accounts due to labor restrictions. It is encouraged. It is even near necessary. THAT is the problem.

The solution would be - make labor generation SEPARATE for both characters under the SAME account. Problem solved. A new character starts with 0 labor, and it generates separately from the first character. That way no exploits are possible in terms of creating new characters, using labor, deleting them and creating a new one.

This system has been put in place to force people to spend more money and buy the same game 2 or even 3 times in order to be able to play normally! This is unheard of!

I expect to buy a product ONCE, and be able to use it as intended. Not being handicapped when compared to other players who cashed out 3 games in order to play one the way they should be able to.

What's next? Where is this going to? Why not having to buy 10 accounts? 20?

Quote Originally Posted by IronMouse View Post
    This is correct, having 3 accounts IS AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE, an intended one, and IS P2W.

It is true that anyone can have multiple accounts and game companies cannot stop that. BUT. This game company REQUIRES players to have multiple accounts due to labor restrictions. It is encouraged. It is even near necessary. THAT is the problem.

The solution would be - make labor generation SEPARATE for both characters under the SAME account. Problem solved. A new character starts with 0 labor, and it generates separately from the first character. That way no exploits are possible in terms of creating new characters, using labor, deleting them and creating a new one.

This system has been put in place to force people to spend more money and buy the same game 2 or even 3 times in order to be able to play normally! This is unheard of!

I expect to buy a product ONCE, and be able to use it as intended. Not being handicapped when compared to other players who cashed out 3 games in order to play one the way they should be able to.

What's next? Where is this going to? Why not having to buy 10 accounts? 20?
    This happens when you basically just copy & paste a game thats was build around a f2p/p2w model with only business model adjustments. Second part that needs to be done actively tracking those with more then 3 accounts with zero tolerance from the start. If they are able to do that is another discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisse View Post
    and what about the people who play in the same house? im sure they will love to play all under one account. Dumb@ss
    Then share account, just use different characters for each family member.
    Jagielski is perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagielski View Post
    Ok but you cannot have more than one person logged into an account at a time?? so now what? not so easy is it...

Pretty sure that account sharing is against the TOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisse View Post
    Ok but you cannot have more than one person logged into an account at a time?? so now what? not so easy is it...
    Yup so then you could never play with that family member. A lot of couples like to play together. What is this? Some single player RPG where you can't play together? =P

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalize View Post
    I have to agree that people should only having one account as I wonder how many people there are that have multiple accounts own land on each and how much. It sucks because Gamigo promised there would be enough land for everyone and while that is somewhat true a friend and I could not find enough land on the Nuian side for two 16x16 plots for each of us so we had to resort to finding what land we could get on the Harani side in Rokhala Mountains.
    What server do you play on? Most servers the East out populate the West. Did you not play from launch? I play on Wynn (which is the most populated server I think from what I've seen of queues) and there was massive amounts of land still available and right beside each other on the East (Which is the most populated side) for over two weeks after land was released. It wasn't until this past week that a lot of the land in the safe zones started to finally disappear. In Sunbite it was mostly empty in my area until like last week. Which is when I started to make my two extra accounts to save more land in my section for future expansions.

There were people complaining in East on Wynn 2 days after the land was opened that all land was taken and there were 0 open spots. Which was false. Just in the areas that they actually wanted were taken. Most of the war zones had massive amounts of open land and some of the starting zones did as well. They just didn't go and look. I'm sure probably Airain Rock and Aubre Cradle on West was probably like Sunbite on the East. All the old players that came back to the game tended to not go to these areas due to they hadn't played them before and didn't know the land setup in them. So they didn't grab land there and it was left empty.
    Code:
    . . . |\-=-/| . /| |O _ O| |\ /'\ \_^-^_/ / `\ /' \-/ ~ \-/ `\ | /\\ //\ | \|\|\/-""-""-\/|/|/

Make this change and ppl will have 3 accounts and 18 characters. It makes the issue worse.

Also... there is land for sale at very reasonable prices. Someone is selling a 24 x 24 placed house right now. A few days of grianding and you could buy one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2