+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Please don't allow high level people attacking low level people in war zones

Remove Honor, XP, leadership and hostile faction kills from killing low levels (like in the new archepass quests which only works if the target's level is more or less 4 levels of your own one).
    You will still have gankers but you won't have any benefit from doing it (unless for your personal sadistic pleasure).
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Quote Originally Posted by Turambaredolas View Post
    Remove Honor, XP, leadership and hostile faction kills from killing low levels (like in the new archepass quests which only works if the target's level is more or less 4 levels of your own one).
    You will still have gankers but you won't have any benefit from doing it (unless for your personal sadistic pleasure).

Or take it a step further and have the gankers doing the "dishonorable" kills of low level players get penalized with a dishonor debuff that reduces their honor intake by a percentage for an extended period of time. (Could also add this to the prison system to give an actual penalty instead of the joke system in place now). Just give them the option to "pay their debt" with their existing honor as a way to rid themselves of the debuff earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by MrUbiquity View Post
    Or take it a step further and have the gankers doing the "dishonorable" kills of low level players get penalized with a dishonor debuff that reduces their honor intake by a percentage for an extended period of time. (Could also add this to the prison system to give an actual penalty instead of the joke system in place now). Just give them the option to "pay their debt" with their existing honor as a way to rid themselves of the debuff earlier.
    Or.... heres a magical idea.. dont go to a zone at war on a low level character if you dont want to be killed. I cant believe people actually want others to be punished for pvp during war which encourages pvp. We have reached new lows holy ♥♥♥♥.
    Xhisors
    Enigmatist --- Spellsong --- Daggerspell
    Honor Bound | Commander

Quote Originally Posted by MrUbiquity View Post
    Yes, lets make level 30s broken so they fill merchants and people wont kill them to take them.

Screw it, lets just remove PVP altogether, who needs PVP.

I was 55, day 2 of this server being a thing, If yall would spend less time whining and more time leveling this wouldnt even be an issue for anyone. This isnt AA 1.3, You can hit 55, in literally a Day, if you try. If your still not 55, just uninstall.
    Daemonic - The One, The Only. "Why So Salty" - Daemonic 2014-2015, "So long and Thanks, for all the Fish." - Daemonic 2014, "Pikes is just a wanabe Daemonic" - Odizzeous 2015, "The Cult of Shadows, are walking trashcans" - Kasevan 2014, "I'd prefer the trash can over the trash itself." - Palladin 2014, "Confirmed Scammer list: Gerey, Foxkiller, Oddizeous, All the lannisters, The entire <Cult of Shadows>" - DRHealgood 2014, "You are Irrelvant" - <Wicked> 2014-2015.

Farming lowbies is currently profitable. If you take away the profit, you don't need to penalize people for doing it because most are doing it for the benefit, not to just be jerks.

Also remember, there are several tension stages and not just war and peace. And in the tension stages low level characters' damage and resists are buffed against high level characters. I've been able to kill high levels when attacked by them during tension. So really there is one period out of seven that low levels should avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhisors View Post
    Or.... heres a magical idea.. dont go to a zone at war on a low level character if you dont want to be killed. I cant believe people actually want others to be punished for pvp during war which encourages pvp. We have reached new lows holy ♥♥♥♥.
    I'm not saying they should be punished for pvp during war, I'm saying they shouldn't reward the players that can't pvp at their own level/gearscore and just pick on the lowbies. If they want to PVP, that's fine, but they sure as hell shouldn't be rewarded for a zero effort kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberlocc View Post
    Yes, lets make level 30s broken so they fill merchants and people wont kill them to take them.
    No, they'll just have to decide which reward they want, the gold or the honor. It wouldn't break it, it just wouldn't let you be lazy and get everything you want without repercussion.

And now you're being petulant, a sure indicator of a spoiled brat who acts out when they don't get what they want (Even if they're wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by Kashi View Post
    Farming lowbies is currently profitable. If you take away the profit, you don't need to penalize people for doing it because most are doing it for the benefit, not to just be jerks.
    And there's still a benefit, and a profit. But to be awarded honor for taking candy from babies is just plain stupid. In any society, they'd be shamed and ridiculed, not honored. I'm just suggesting they make it more realistic, and not so heavily in favor of the griefers.

I was probably lucky last night, I was running around in Halcy and Hellswamp while the zones were in conflict and a couple of times I got targeted by reds but they did not attack. I made myself ready to be killed because it is a conflict area and even when you are a lowby the possibility to be killed is there. Besides if you are in a zone where pvp is a given, don't get mad if a higher lvl kills you. Yes it sucks because you are busy with quests/leveling and don't stand a chance against them but it is part of the game.
    Wolfshe
    Retired Primeval
    R.I.P Kyprosa 2014 - 2017
    R.I.P Tempest 2017 - 2018
    Halnaak 2019 - ?

May the good times always live on

<3 finally
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast