+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tombcaller / Athame / Enchantrix class like - Pet Master!

Tombcaller / Athame / Enchantrix class like - Pet Master!

Hi everyone, I was thinking about having something similar to a Pet class. I know Archeage is not like any other game where pet classes exists. But I was wondering how should it develop to have a pet class here.

My main idea is to focus on Songcraft and Witchcraft for obvious reasons.

- Songcraft grants buffs for your pet/s, and also debuffing your enemie/s. It scales better from Magic attack (Ode to recovery and Dissonance).
    -Witchcraft is a cc skillset, with a 20 secs pet (more or less). You will making cc like Sleeps, Fear and Snare (even if they are only briefly due to your pets breaking them).

Iīm not sure about the third one, since we already have 7-7 points invested, we just have 4 at max left. It can be Occultism for more sustain and dot spells that doesnīt break your ccs. Or maybe Vitalism for buff and minor healing. Auramancy can be good too, you can buff your pets with shields and more health for 20 seconds.

I know this can work in PVP (you are mainly a bard, so it will help a lot). But iīm concerning about pve (you are ♥♥♥♥ed at dungeons right?).

Does Fiendīs Kneel damage scales from your magic attack? (intelligence?) or It will be the same with Spirit and Club? . Since Songcraft only has 2 damage skills and Withcraft is mostly for cc, how is Athame working for this strategy?

Is it better to stick to a full mage build? - Doing dot skills, cc and buffed pets should be super fun.

Thanks for reading!
    "The warrior's path is dark and can make one miss on it. But the courage and the value are those that lead one to glory"

While it is a very viable skillset I have used it in the past myself with great success, Fiends Knell no longer does straight damage . The damage it deals is a pulse to the targets mana bar. So it is a CC/Mana burn pet now . But your battle pet will do wonders running songcraft Bard style and with the new battle pet armor they hit way harder than they used to in PVE. Occultism is another great addition with more damage over time and CC but a concern will be having 3 skillsets with no cooldown free DPS skill ala fireball/mana stars etc.

But if you are running Bard with buff/debuff songs you shouldn't need one as you will be using all your uptime.
    Dacks- Tahyang/Conviction/Kadum/Wynn

Thanks for your answer, I will hit 55 with Witchcraft to see it. Since thereīs almost no information about Fiends I canīt decide without testing it myself. It should have autoattack damage like any other battle pet though (so even if it wonīt be your main damage, it can be buffed with songs and be an extra).
    "The warrior's path is dark and can make one miss on it. But the courage and the value are those that lead one to glory"

Conclusion

So... finally I could test myself. It seems the basic attacks of the Fiend's Knee are just mana burn, which it can be nice for some builds (my monster did around 500+ mana each auto, not bad).

The faster the attacks are, the more mana you will burn from your enemy. It's clearly a PVP skill now, since it cost a lot of mana and it will expire in just 15-20 seconds. Also it deals AoE slow, a bit of damage and trip when it lands (hard to land in pvp though, the damage should scale from magic) and has an AoE snare when it dies, like exploding.

For PVE it's pretty much useless, you won't make damage to monsters despite the tiny amount if the monster land directly to them.

So in conclusion, this is not a pet to master if you want to make Damage with him. It's useless in PVE since there are better ways, faster and efficient ones, to kill monsters.

But, I can see it being good in arenas for archers and magic debuffer users. You can potentially burn all your opponent's mana (specially plate users).

And that's pretty much it, thanks for reading!

+ Reply to Thread