+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Random BSOD when running AA:U

Random BSOD when running AA:U

Hello,

i hope someone can help me. Everytime i play AA:U i get BSOD. Sometimes i can plan 2 mins, sometimes 2 hours. Windows logs / Dumps are complete empty (which is strange as its a development system with full debug enabled). Only event viewer showing that EasyAntiCheat.sys was registered as service as last entry.

Drivers are up to date, RAM was checked 24 hours without any error, game is on an SSD which is healthy. CPU load at 35% and GPU at ~70% at crash (both under 60 C). Tried 2 diffrent Power supplies, no changes, still crashing.

Any more ideas ?

Greetings,

Nadinia

PS:
    Sytem specs ->
    CPU: AMD FX-8320e on Biostar TA970
    GPU: Palit nVidia GTX 750Ti StormX 2GB
    RAM: Kingston 4x8GB DDR3-1333 (32 GB total)
    System-SSD: Patrio Blaze 120GB (20 GB Linux EXT4 / 100GB Windows NTFS)
    Games-SSD: Kingrich K9 256GB
    Other-HDD: 2x WDC 500GB, 1x OOS 3GB, 1x ExcelStor 250GB (3 more WDC 500GB mounted via Network)
    Main-OS: Xubuntu 18.04
    Game-OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 ver. 1903 Build 18362.476

Are you running a VPN like pingzapper? Found this was causing the BSOD for me. Wasn't happening all the time but stopped when I quit using it.
    Attitude

That's weird... I'd suggest reinstalling drivers just in case as it may be that some driver file is corrupted. Otherwise I don't know why it may happen. Did you test the ram with boot stick/cd with memtest86+ or some Linux/Windows-based utility? Because if the OS is running the ram test may not be reliable.
    Jagielski is perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekk View Post
    Are you running a VPN like pingzapper? Found this was causing the BSOD for me. Wasn't happening all the time but stopped when I quit using it.
    No VPN Software installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagielski View Post
    That's weird... I'd suggest reinstalling drivers just in case as it may be that some driver file is corrupted. Otherwise I don't know why it may happen. Did you test the ram with boot stick/cd with memtest86+ or some Linux/Windows-based utility? Because if the OS is running the ram test may not be reliable.
    Tested with memtest86 while starting from system SSD (Grub has it in its list, so its before the OS starts). Also tested changing banks of RAM.

Im pretty sure, that its not Hardware related as it just happens when playing AA:U. All other games run smooth (also tried with Unity engine creating a 16x16 sqm terrain full of stuff, which raised CPU and GPU to 100% and RAM to 22GB usage).

+ Reply to Thread