+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Is there any point to playing a healer in this game?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4

    Is there any point to playing a healer in this game?

    So ive leveled and fully specced edgewalker wearing cloth with 4.2k GS. (Not super high i get it)

    There is no possible way i can out heal peoples damage. I die within two combo’s and even when im not the target in small scale pvp its almost impossible to heal people because they die so fast. Within a combo or two. Is this normal in archeage? Battles lasting 5 seconds or less?

    Just seems like i should have gone dps and killed ppl before theg kill me.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4
    Technically Healers are one of the most important classes in the game to support players heavily during PVP, PVE, Dungeons you name it. But sadly there is no reward as a healer. Actually you get less as a healer then what you do as DPS.

    Take Faction war, for example, Healing Allies means jack ♥♥♥♥ even though you are keeping them alive and helping them to kill the enemy you don't earn anything for it. As most people know healers attacks take time to cast and 90% of the time don't have many attacks themselves. Sadly the DEVS seemed to be very Bias and look at only kills or Assists and not at Heal's.

    So if you're looking at quick progression go DPS, If you're looking at being the backbone to you're team or the extra heal that keeps people alive then go Heals but it will be a slow painful process as you earn less Honor in faction wars really.

    Hope this helps!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4
    Thanks I appreciate the input. Im mostly talking bout 1v1 and very small scale pvp tho. Fishing battles really

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4
    1v1 depending on your build can be very tricky normally best to have someone with you otherwise yea can be long and constantly healing yourself. As for fishing battles be a lot of helpful support.

    As mentioned you're absolutely needed in all areas of combat but you're less rewarded is all.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Taikai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    106
    Early game is a mad rush for who hits harder right now, don't blame yourself that no one has a build with any survivability, also nearly no one has any toughness gems in so a stiff breeze could kill them.
    When players start having 2k toughness and more then 16k hp it will get easier

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Taikai View Post
    Early game is a mad rush for who hits harder right now, don't blame yourself that no one has a build with any survivability, also nearly no one has any toughness gems in so a stiff breeze could kill them.
    When players start having 2k toughness and more then 16k hp it will get easier
    Okay cool thats what i was hoping to hear

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,038
    Bro you're doing it wrong. You level up as a mage and offspec as a healer... you should get access to 2 sets of gear and alternate weapons. That way you can solo or DPS at will, and heal as a primary guild/raid/dungeon spec.
    "SORRY everyone. As I said in a different post, I accidentally deleted this thread. Thankfully, our team was able to get it back."
    -Muzzy, Connectivity Issues

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4
    What do you mean access to two sets of gear? You mean go farm Hiram gear off the mobs?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Cyberlocc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    7th Circle of Hell, Thanks for Asking.
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by okilian View Post
    What do you mean access to two sets of gear? You mean go farm Hiram gear off the mobs?
    You get a second set of hiram gear for doing your dailies. Like the second day or something, you get a whole set worth of unidentified hiram, and weapon(s)

    This is why, when you see guilds recruiting they say things like "Recruiting 6k DPS, 5k Healers". Because they know you have to have a second set to use for DPS.
    Daemonic - The One, The Only. "Why So Salty" - Daemonic 2014-2015, "So long and Thanks, for all the Fish." - Daemonic 2014, "Pikes is just a wanabe Daemonic" - Odizzeous 2015, "The Cult of Shadows, are walking trashcans" - Kasevan 2014, "I'd prefer the trash can over the trash itself." - Palladin 2014, "Confirmed Scammer list: Gerey, Foxkiller, Oddizeous, All the lannisters, The entire <Cult of Shadows>" - DRHealgood 2014, "You are Irrelvant" - <Wicked> 2014-2015.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by okilian View Post
    So ive leveled and fully specced edgewalker wearing cloth with 4.2k GS. (Not super high i get it)

    There is no possible way i can out heal peoples damage. I die within two combo’s and even when im not the target in small scale pvp its almost impossible to heal people because they die so fast. Within a combo or two. Is this normal in archeage? Battles lasting 5 seconds or less?

    Just seems like i should have gone dps and killed ppl before theg kill me.
    I am 7k GS healer in plate with magic shield (almost 14k def + 6k m def with 3/4 gems in all armor pieces etc)

    I can fight archers and mage classes (40% they kill me, 20% they run,40% they die )
    but 5 k GS mele can 3 shot me (hamer+shadowsmite + precision)

    like others said being healer is hard and not paying off - all ppl blame you at the end (why you didn't heal etc bla bla bla )

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts