View Poll Results: Do you think the Boat in its current form is healthy for the game.

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 67.74%
  • No, it should be altered.

11 17.74%
  • No, it should be removed.

9 14.52%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A fix for the Safe Run boat.

A fix for the Safe Run boat.

Gamigo. I have a Fix for the Safe Boat!

1. Remove the Ability to Buy Captains Protection.
    2. Issue 5 Captains Protection Scrolls to a Prequest for the 16x16.
    or
    3b. Disable the Boat entirely.

GG, Done, Fixed.

This boat is being abused on Unchained, you know it just as I do. The point of Cargo Packs, is and Always was, to take a Risk to get a Valuable needed Resource. The boat COMPLETELY Destroys that....

The boat was implemented in KR, with the thoughts of a few new players that dont have boats yet, running a couple packs on it. Thats not what is happening here. Every single time the boat sets sail, the seats are covered, the ladders are covered, there is people standing on the deck hoping they dont get knocked off.

NO one is running packs the normal way, why would they? You gave them a safe trip. Which in turn makes the prices of Cargo Worthless, its not worth the risk to try and take a merchant across when the Onyx is worth so little. Then these same people that were giving a safe trip, throw a fit when they get knocked off. Then they want the collision mechanics in game changed, are you serious?

This boat has done nothing but cause issues. It has removed a Major game Aspect, Pirating. It has ruined the Onyx Economy. And now it has flooded the forums, the discord, the chat, with crys about being knocked off. The Boat is not good for the health of this game. Get Rid of It.

The state of the game, is appalling. I see people all the time being bashed for WTB merchant designs. People say "what a waste of gold" and they are not wrong. I know Khrolan mentioned, changes to trade and making the ocean great again. This is it, this is the biggest first step. This would fix the sea, and help the economy. I actually seen a group talking in nation today and they stated. "No point in getting gear, after you hit 6k, you can do all instanced events. Safe Runs for gold, all the way, you dont ever need to pvp, so just stop at 6k." How long do you think this game will last with this mind set?

What about you AA community, Do you think the boat in its current form is okay? If so why? If not why not?
    Daemonic - The One, The Only. "Why So Salty" - Daemonic 2014-2015, "So long and Thanks, for all the Fish." - Daemonic 2014, "Pikes is just a wanabe Daemonic" - Odizzeous 2015, "The Cult of Shadows, are walking trashcans" - Kasevan 2014, "I'd prefer the trash can over the trash itself." - Palladin 2014, "Confirmed Scammer list: Gerey, Foxkiller, Oddizeous, All the lannisters, The entire <Cult of Shadows>" - DRHealgood 2014, "You are Irrelvant" - <Wicked> 2014-2015.

Too much of this game has changed to cater to those who don't want to participate in PvP, despite nearly every system being designed around PvP in some form or fashion. I say get rid of it for good, it honestly shouldn't even be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberlocc View Post
    No need for a fix for something that works as intended

This boat is being abused on Unchained, you know it just as I do.
    Abused? Funny way to spell "used"

The point of Cargo Packs, is and Always was, to take a Risk to get a Valuable needed Resource. The boat COMPLETELY Destroys that....
    It was, with that boat it changed, it gives the option for people to pay an extra fee in exchange of relative safety.

The boat was implemented in KR, with the thoughts of a few new players that dont have boats yet, running a couple packs on it. Thats not what is happening here. Every single time the boat sets sail, the seats are covered, the ladders are covered, there is people standing on the deck hoping they dont get knocked off.
    Again, you are just describing players using the boat normally, there is no problem here.

NO one is running packs the normal way, why would they? You gave them a safe trip. Which in turn makes the prices of Cargo Worthless, its not worth the risk to try and take a merchant across when the Onyx is worth so little.
    Then you never hanged out in Austera or Two Crowns very often. Plenty of people running packs on clippers, and some rare times merchant, we do that in guild with a group just to avoid paying 5 extra golds or we don't want to wait that slow ♥♥♥ boat for 20-40min and we run merchant ships after delivering 4 merchants full of larders and the cargo are now at 18g.

This boat has done nothing but cause issues.
    From your point of view.

It has removed a Major game Aspect, Pirating.
    Last time I checked, fishing parties and Abyssal pack runs after the Abyssal Kraken are still events that take places very regularly and plenty of pirating are happening during those times. What game are you playing? Because it ain't Archeage.
    Perhaps stop camping Austera/Two Crowns harbor for packs 24/7 and you will find other avenues to do your pirate quest.

It has ruined the Onyx Economy. And now it has flooded the forums, the discord, the chat, with crys about being knocked off. The Boat is not good for the health of this game. Get Rid of It.
    It doesn't ruin it, it keeps the market stocked, and the Onyx are not sold at a loss anymore so, to me, it is a healthy market. And I may have seen only 2 posts on reddit about that among the millions post about exploits and no eta memes.

The state of the game, is appalling. I see people all the time being bashed for WTB merchant designs. People say "what a waste of gold" and they are not wrong. [...] "No point in getting gear, after you hit 6k, you can do all instanced events. Safe Runs for gold, all the way, you dont ever need to pvp, so just stop at 6k."
    6k gs is all you need? Merchant ship useless? Well, it is confirmed, you and the people who said what you described just camp that cargo ship route and nothing else in this game.
    You don't run 22 larders/packs using sea route with a merchant, like I do between Sunbite and Ynystere for example.
    You don't do arena where 6k gs is becoming low tier.
    You don't do Abyssal event where you get chased by the opposite faction, and sometimes your own when they go purple, and need to defend 2000+ golds worth of abyssal packs among your party boat and where your gear and your skill is gonna determine if you gonna go home empty handed or not.
    You don't fish on the open sea where PvP/pirating happens constantly during peak hours.
    You never declared dominion upon a guild with a higher rank than yours just to put them in their place when they have a too big of a ego or got declared dominion while you had only 15 people online against 30.
    All you have is that cargo ship, that you try to make as the biggest issue for the open sea content of ArcheAge.

This boat is a none issue, people mostly do it for the family quest anyway, not for the Onyx. Go ♥♥♥♥ing find your content somewhere else.

@cyber:
    If you want to fix the ladder "abuse" , then you even need to fix the ramming "abuse".

"copy JimSulivan"

Nah cargo boat fine
    Crankypants | Alexander EU

1. Remove the Ability to Buy Captains Protection.
    2. Issue 5 Captains Protection Scrolls to a Prequest for the 16x16.
    or
    3b. Disable the Boat entirely.

GG, Done, Fixed.

This boat is being abused on Unchained, you know it just as I do. The point of Cargo Packs, is and Always was, to take a Risk to get a Valuable needed Resource. The boat COMPLETELY Destroys that....

NO one is running packs the normal way, why would they? You gave them a safe trip. Which in turn makes the prices of Cargo Worthless, its not worth the risk to try and take a merchant across when the Onyx is worth so little. Then these same people that were giving a safe trip, throw a fit when they get knocked off. Then they want the collision mechanics in game changed, are you serious?

This boat has done nothing but cause issues. It has removed a Major game Aspect, Pirating. It has ruined the Onyx Economy. And now it has flooded the forums, the discord, the chat, with crys about being knocked off. The Boat is not good for the health of this game. Get Rid of It.

The state of the game, is appalling. I see people all the time being bashed for WTB merchant designs. People say "what a waste of gold" and they are not wrong. I know Khrolan mentioned, changes to trade and making the ocean great again. This is it, this is the biggest first step. This would fix the sea, and help the economy. I actually seen a group talking in nation today and they stated. "No point in getting gear, after you hit 6k, you can do all instanced events. Safe Runs for gold, all the way, you dont ever need to pvp, so just stop at 6k." How long do you think this game will last with this mind set?

What about you AA community, Do you think the boat in its current form is okay? If so why? If not why not?
    Cyber ​​..
    Either you have eaten something stale and badly hurt you, or you are completely drunk, or you have lost your brains.
    Bringing this boat to life has just revived the economy. Coked adhd pvp-ers in onyx sales are not dominating now. Acquiring goods is to be available to everyone, not a small handful of PVP enthusiasts. I can see that you are trying to make this game some crazy pvp arena, against common sense and against most players.
    Transporting packages for onyx is profitable only when doing the quest, i.e. once a day for each character. Apart from the quest, we get a lot less of it and many people do the staking course only once a day.
    The only thing that needs improvement in a cargo boat is to increase the number of benches so that people can sit down calmly and don't have to hang on the ladders.
    MABY !? will be good idea to activate capt protect will be available only with family quest, but idk. And we must remenber about crafting hereafter stones, now onyx is needed to craft this.
    Everyday I sail this boat for my portion of onyx, which I need to make packages, and every time there is a red madman trying to kill someone sailing without capt protect. Do you know what the comments about him are among people then? I quote: "idiot", "lol", "cretin", "moroon". so sorry man, but if you want a maritime pvp, gather the crew on a ship, fight them with those who want this fight, because I see that you want to hunt for others again, if not for low lvl, then for people sailing with one parcel a day.
    I see that most of your actions are persuading game developers to create easy targets for you that you can easily kill.
    A few days ago, reading your posts, I thought I was reading the stupidest thing in the world, but it turned out that you could write something even more stupid.
    DON'T PUSH ALL AA AND AAU PLAYERS TO PVP, NOT EVERYONE WANT PVP FROM THIS GAME AND UNDERSTAND IT FINALLY.
    AAU Gildaron - Bliis, Pts1 - Alisee, Pts2 - Bliss
    Real life doesn't exist, its only Afk

I don't think it is the cargo ship that is causing the lack of merchant vessels on the high seas. I think think lack of traders to sell packs for gold/gildas on 'the other" continent is to blame. The last thing I read was there were no gold traders to sell regular packs to on " the other " continent. The cargo ship was brought in with their new and ridiculous cargo "system" that for some absolutely unfathomable reason Trion/Gamigo refuses to believe is total garbage, and thus will not revert to what we once had - which was Good Reason to make packs and go sell them across the sea.

The Actual whole point of the cargo ship was to PREVENT Pvp, because running cargo was made into a Daily. And thus, some players figured out methods to go around the intent and "game" the Mechanics in order to screw other players out of what the Game - and therefore Trion/Gamigo - Promised. The promise is: if the player does what they are supposed to and fulfills the requirements, then they will be able to complete the Daily with no issues. This has become a Lie. And it reflects on the company itself.

It does need to be changed. Either fulfill the protection that is 'guaranteed' and make it impossible to be attacked or removed from the ship no matter where you are standing or sitting, or get rid of the whole mess and revert back to having gold traders to sell any packs to on other continents, as we had many moons ago.

IMHO

4. Put the trade system back the way it was. (never happen, unfortunately)

Sry, you Nui-Pirate-whatever!
    I have a better fix. They boat should instant blow up each of your blocking clippers and galleons!
    And they should be perma destroyed than!
    Server: Halnaak
    Main-Race: Warborn
    Main-Class: Reaper
    Alt-Race: Harani
    Alt-Class: Doomlord

Death comes for all

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    4. Put the trade system back the way it was. (never happen, unfortunately)
    Which is really sad, actually. As far as I know, No players asked that the trade system be changed. No players complained about how hard things were and requested something new. This was simply 'somebody's' idea, that the Company decided to shove down the player's throats. And what is worse, the Company ignores the player's input. The Company made the game Less enjoyable, and is saying 'we don't care that you don't like it' to the players.

Not a good combination.

IMHO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast