+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finding land and housing

Finding land and housing

This is my first time playing ArcheAge and I did some reading about finding land to build houses and farms. According to a few sources Gamigo felt that there would be plenty of land for everyone, and after about 3 hours of going to every single housing province in about 7 zones there were no spaces available for a meager size home let alone a farm. Is this really what the developers had in mind for people who may not have been aware about ArchAge? This is not friendly to new players.

While I may be new to ArcheAge, I am not new to MMOs. This means guilds/players are hoarding these sites so that they may sell them to the unfortunate people who were not able to secure land or are new to the game. After investing a bit of time and hitting 37 levels, creating the tax certificates, etc., I now realize that my only opportunity to own land in the game will mean I have to pay an outrageous price to get it. It's a big turn off to be honest. I like the game so far, but for the devs to think this was not going to be a problem is insane. I plan to continue playing for awhile, but if it becomes apparent this is the type of thing i can expect, or that i have to amass great wealth to own a piece of land I'll be tossing this in the trash.

Thanks for your time.

Kilgharrah - NA - Kalyn

I am in 100% agreement with everything you said. As someone who has played different MMO's in the past, the devs really dont do a good job explaining things to new players, or making it new player friendly.
    I do like the game, but when you are finding yourself spending as much time on google/youtube trying to figure out the game as you do in-game, thats a problem.

They did an awful job explaining the gear levelling system (and caused some people to reroll/quit as a result,) and incentivizing higher level players to kill lowbies for quests/honor is just asinine.

hmm i think it depends on the server.... these week i have seen severel plots free and a lot of places on sell so stop crying about land...

Agree!

So you want some pizza....you go to your local pizzeria for a pie....BUT....they will only sell you a slice! Thats how I view this EVER continuing issue. Folks been complaining about it since it first released. And the Devs ignore us. I LOVE this game. Would argue it's the best MMO we have. EXCEPT for the land issue. I wonder how many patrons they have lost to the issue? They have lost me for sure several times. I keep coming back and hoping......but they will only sell me a single slice of pizza. So I'm forced to go elsewhere to spend my money.......

As good as this game is......you CANNOT play it without at least one plot, and I don't mean an 8x8!

I think the game is dying yet again, except for the whales, and I cant help but wonder how large the pop COULD grow if we could own our own land.

I just don't get it.

Yeah it's a problem. Most housing areas look like crap anyway, like a tornado went through and scattered the houses about, cause greedy people tried to grab as much land as possible and refuse to sell it except for some outrageous price that no one would ever pay.

Tyrenos on Unchained has a similar problem. Plenty of 8x8 plots scattered about but no 16x16. However, players are starting to build Miner's Houses so the cost of lumber went up on the AH. Those selling plots have not increased the asking price so players have more wealth at the moment and can buy plots easier.

its alwas teh same.... ppl make mememe afte a short time about finding land but its MEMEMEME ... i was yesterday on taris traveling and fount severel pots for an house so go cry in other places ....

+ Reply to Thread