+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another brilliant idea!

Lightbulb Another brilliant idea!

Hello again, Wraithhunter here, this is more related to PTS, since Live servers hardly go down in weeks. But on thinking about people that lost their décor, I realized that why not re-vamp demolition? As in..its kind of ridiculous that it says that untradeable items will be sent through mail after demolition of a house, however décor items that are mostly untradeable, don't get sent back. Why not? And why is the demo very random on what gets sent back and what does not? Like seriously...

And frankly this is where my idea comes into play, why not re-vamp demolition so that not only does it send all of your items back that you lost during demo, but also your décor items as well. And on top of that, why not have an extra boost to pre-paying taxes. Like in PTS' case, make it a good amount like 15 or higher. Not saying go crazy, but having to prepay up to 5 (I think?) and having PTS be down for months, that's a bit much. I mean, that's out of player control.

Also "back then" it wasn't really a problem, but seeing that PTS might be going on and off a lot, just seems to be a good option for those who want to still have their houses and testing items when PTS comes back on.

Frankly even though this is for PTS, I actually do think that people of the community on Live servers may like this idea too. Especially if they get busy IRL. Just something else to think about. I personally don't have houses on PTS anymore due to not being able to purchase credits and trying to keep up with the patron, but I figured I might as well see how everyone else feels about this as well. Let me know!
    Lost Ark....a new Devilian, as one waits until the sun rises from the east to the west, the Ancient Warriors of Immortal Hero's resting...waiting for the drummer..so they can once again...awaken from their eternal slumber.

I love your enthusiasm my friend, but to me it seems AA servers are low population and there is very little effort being put into it. Maybe not the case with AAU.

One thing that has totally killed this game for me is "server merges". I understand the need to do it, just that the way land is handled, you're basically having to restart every time this happens. Finally able to get land, population gets low - BAMM Server merge. Rinse, repeat.

That alone was why I started playing on pts back in the day and I love low population servers as I don't pvp so the less harrasment I have to deal with.

Still have hope that pts1 will open as pts2 is bugged for me(labor wise)

Quote Originally Posted by ArsonAA View Post
    I love your enthusiasm my friend, but to me it seems AA servers are low population and there is very little effort being put into it. Maybe not the case with AAU.

One thing that has totally killed this game for me is "server merges". I understand the need to do it, just that the way land is handled, you're basically having to restart every time this happens. Finally able to get land, population gets low - BAMM Server merge. Rinse, repeat.

That alone was why I started playing on pts back in the day and I love low population servers as I don't pvp so the less harrasment I have to deal with.

Still have hope that pts1 will open as pts2 is bugged for me(labor wise)
    Thank you, I don't get that often lol. And true..I was always salty with server merges, true to "increase" population, but the way land was handled was really dumb. Not only that but the way Trion handled with the Bot Land grabbers. A lot during land rush was bots..and yet nothing was done about it, even though there was a serious rule about botting/cheating..I still think its a good idea for PTS, for live; hopefully there wont be anymore server merges...but thanks for the feedback.
    Lost Ark....a new Devilian, as one waits until the sun rises from the east to the west, the Ancient Warriors of Immortal Hero's resting...waiting for the drummer..so they can once again...awaken from their eternal slumber.

Every single decor item on all servers should always be returned at demo. FULL STOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Soede View Post
    Every single decor item on all servers should always be returned at demo. FULL STOP.
    Exactly!! That's what I am saying! They are untradeable and even the demo mail says "all untradeable items will be sent to mail" yet non of the décor does! It never made any sense to me, even when it was Trion lol.

I had tons of décor, some gifted from very old friends like Telson, Tora and Hayalet that were 'lost" after my old house in Gwenoid got demolished despite pre-paying the max limit. Granted, this was many years ago when Trion was the company, and they very randomly closed PTS without saying a word at all. It still annoys me to this day...again most of the décor items I had were really old..and of course they never got returned through the mail.

+ Reply to Thread