+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Current state of the game - URGENT - please read -

Current state of the game - URGENT - please read -

Dear AAU community and Gamigo team,

Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Gamigo on being the pioneers in the MMO industry for a completely non-p2w game model. I applaud your efforts and your achievement.

Secondly, I would like to mention that I haven't had this much fun in an MMO with this abundance of content and player base cooperation in a very long time, job well done.

Now that the pros are out of the way, let us look at the cons.

1. Archepass, abusers, exploiters and their impact on the game's economies
    At launch a problem known by all was the exploitation and abuse of the Archepass - this has propelled players that are now sitting comfortably in the top rankings on each server and if you would like to know who those individuals are just pop over to your 'Ranking' list and have a look over the 1st-50th names displayed there. - Although Gamigo has taken measures and banned the exploiters, the abusers are still at large without any consequences because this has been in part due to Gamigos design flaws of the Archepass. - Regardless, at first, this influx of gold has had an impact on the servers economy's and that's why you might have experienced a major drop in prices later on once the Archepass has been removed - a change which was very much needed has impacted greatly the economy and the people in the farming and mining industries.

2. Owning multiple accounts & passive Labour farming
    Another design flaw was the allowance of two characters per account. But not as IMPACTFUL AND AS extremely beneficial as having multiple accounts with multiple characters that are sitting comfortably with 5K Labour at their disposal.
    There are currently players out there with 3-4 different accounts which they use for their labour generating proprieties to craft, farm, open gold purses etc, with a major, major economic impact on the owner's income finances. Therefore another failed design flaw which over time will only make existing players stronger and more powerful and therefore the gap between the top 100-500 early days players and recurrent joining players will get bigger and bigger and bigger to the point wherein 2-3 years time people will get one-shotted by these soon to be whales.

3.POLITICS
    I see more guilds every day trying to gain a monopoly over their server, currently at least with my server Tinnereph 8 out of 10 people don't belong in the elections - as an active 12h/day player I don't recognise half of their names but funny enough 9 out of the 10 are from the same guild.
    The current process doesn't allow true leaders access to the elections, because it is too much event attendance based (leadership points) therefore people with jobs, real-life responsibilities, and with more strategic experience, which could be a much better fit and make better-informed decisions and contribute more efficiently to its servers nation, are left behind unable to gain access to this broken election system.

4. Technical problems, lags and continuous disconnections
    Regardless of what has been discussed until now, I am sure this is a problem we all can relate too, it is uncommon for a game in 2020 to have this many connectivity and lag problems.
    I have played a huge amount of MMO's in my lifetime and none of those had even 10% of the lag and connectivity and disconnects as this game.
    FIX this problem, please!

This is my humble opinion and feel of the current situation, although the game module is perfect the current game layout is broke and needs to be addressed or it will not survive.

There are many other issues to be addressed: Tradepacks currently on my server (Tinnereph) are pointless to run as their value is not worth the effort or mats put into it and the PK system is way to strict.

1. No one exploited Archepass, the gold they got was not that much anyway. Those same Players would be on Leader boards, Regardless of Archepass. They are better at the game, they have more knowledge of the game, and are more dedicated. PERIOD.

2. Buy a second or 3rd account, it really is that easy. The game was cheap 25 dollars, most games are 60 dollars, so 2 accounts is already rolled into the price. When you get your second and 3rd account, you will come to the quick realization that 2 accounts requires 2x the time, and 3, 3x. Time which you dont have, Time they spend to earn more than you. REALITY of an MMO.

3. LOL, YA not a problem. They are ATTENDING the In Game Events, and not only attending them as that doesn't garner much leadership, they are LEADING THE RAIDS, of Faction events. They are becoming Leaders, by Shockingly, LEADING. It is becoming more and more clear you have Zero clue anything you are talking about.

4. No its not, welcome to Every MMO in existence.
    Daemonic - The One, The Only. "Why So Salty" - Daemonic 2014-2015, "So long and Thanks, for all the Fish." - Daemonic 2014, "Pikes is just a wanabe Daemonic" - Odizzeous 2015, "The Cult of Shadows, are walking trashcans" - Kasevan 2014, "I'd prefer the trash can over the trash itself." - Palladin 2014, "Confirmed Scammer list: Gerey, Foxkiller, Oddizeous, All the lannisters, The entire <Cult of Shadows>" - DRHealgood 2014, "You are Irrelvant" - <Wicked> 2014-2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberlocc View Post
    1. No one exploited Archepass, the gold they got was not that much anyway. Those same Players would be on Leader boards, Regardless of Archepass. They are better at the game, they have more knowledge of the game, and are more dedicated. PERIOD.

2. Buy a second or 3rd account, it really is that easy. The game was cheap 25 dollars, most games are 60 dollars, so 2 accounts is already rolled into the price. When you get your second and 3rd account, you will come to the quick realization that 2 accounts requires 2x the time, and 3, 3x. Time which you dont have, Time they spend to earn more than you. REALITY of an MMO.

3. LOL, YA not a problem. They are ATTENDING the In Game Events, and not only attending them as that doesn't garner much leadership, they are LEADING THE RAIDS, of Faction events. They are becoming Leaders, by Shockingly, LEADING. It is becoming more and more clear you have Zero clue anything you are talking about.

Alright so your reply for number one you are clearly ignorant on the situation that occurred with archepass and should really offer no opinion or statement on it as it was even made clear by the devs that there were players exploiting archepass for an exorbitant amount of gold which with that hige influx of gold was having a negative effect on the game economy and balanced progression. If you do your research you would know this and that it's the reason why archepass was removed and banns we're issued.

Second when it comes to leadership just because someone doesn't lead in game doesn't mean that there not in a leadership position at there job in real life. A real life job takes more leadership skills than a game and the fact that they and emphasis on the word job maybe you should try getting one sometime, means they cannot attend most of the events to make it into the election as a lot of events occur during the work day that most miss out on.

Quote Originally Posted by grimsbane View Post
    Alright so your reply for number one you are clearly ignorant on the situation that occurred with archepass and should really offer no opinion or statement on it as it was even made clear by the devs that there were players exploiting archepass for an exorbitant amount of gold which with that hige influx of gold was having a negative effect on the game economy and balanced progression. If you do your research you would know this and that it's the reason why archepass was removed and banns we're issued.

Second when it comes to leadership just because someone doesn't lead in game doesn't mean that there not in a leadership position at there job in real life. A real life job takes more leadership skills than a game and the fact that they and emphasis on the word job maybe you should try getting one sometime, means they cannot attend most of the events to make it into the election as a lot of events occur during the work day that most miss out on.
    Do not argue with stupid people. They will merely drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by grimsbane View Post

One to the Archpass, Ahh but thats the thing right? As I have already stated, lets look at this from a timeline of reality.
    • Game Launches, Archepass is a Thing.
    • People Do Archepass WB Quest as they hit Ancestral.
    • People find out that Ancestrals have a WB quest that awards 50g, they are not even 45 yet, this isnt fair.
    • People that are 45 cry about the 50g mission and say "This has to be an Exploit, this has to be a weekly quest or something"
    • A Certain Gamigo CM, agrees "This seems an exploit, I agree with the Community"
    • The Same Gamigo CM issues a mass ban for all that have "exploited" Archepass
    • The rest of Gamigo and XL, hears about the Banwave, an a livestream is presented.
    • In the Livestream, the head of Archeage NA development states "There was a mistake made, this is not and never was an Exploit, the quest was repeatable by In Game means, and was just poor game design, we are reducing the gold, and all bans have been reverted."

Fun Fact, that same CM, has done this same thing, Labeling things that are not, as Exploits, due to the community Crying that it is. He is pushed around very easily, sadly. Then a few days later, he is scolded at work, and a new post is formed stating "Sorry previously I misspoke, XXXX is not actually an exploit".

You tell me to do my research, its you sir that needs to do yours. The Reality of what is going on, is right there in front of you. Stop following the band of scared sheep who parrot fear mongering and stupidity. Khrolan Stated, there was NO Exploit, all those "Bans" were reverted, the reality is pretty simple, there WAS NO EXPLOIT.

As to the leadership, IDGAF What you do for a living lol. Leading in game, gets awarded with being eligible to be voted as a leader. A Hero has to play alot, thats simply whats required. If you think your going to play 1 day a week, and should be a Hero, your wrong. A hero needs to be a player that is on EVERY SINGLE DAY, thats the reality of the system. Also one that leads FACTION EVENTS, as that is what is required, ever heard the expression if you want the job, do the job. Thats the job of a Hero, to lead Faction Events, EVERY SINGLE DAY, if you cant do that, you have NO BUSINESS BEING A HERO.
    Daemonic - The One, The Only. "Why So Salty" - Daemonic 2014-2015, "So long and Thanks, for all the Fish." - Daemonic 2014, "Pikes is just a wanabe Daemonic" - Odizzeous 2015, "The Cult of Shadows, are walking trashcans" - Kasevan 2014, "I'd prefer the trash can over the trash itself." - Palladin 2014, "Confirmed Scammer list: Gerey, Foxkiller, Oddizeous, All the lannisters, The entire <Cult of Shadows>" - DRHealgood 2014, "You are Irrelvant" - <Wicked> 2014-2015.

AD 1.
    There was a powerful exploit. It's true that to use it you had to know the game mechanics well, but you probably won't tell me that the 3-5k gold injection at the start of the game was small. It is true that it was only Gamigo's fault that he released a bugged element of the game.

AD 2.
    Exceptionally, in this case, I agree with you. Although I come from a former Eastern Bloc country - now in the EU and our earnings are much lower than the western EU and US countries, I could easily buy more than one account.
    You are also right in the fact that it quickly turns out that in order to benefit from additional accounts, you need to spend more time on it, unless we only produce taxes on them.

AD3.
    I am not interested in anyone who will be the server leader or hero. I play my own way and it has no influence on me. I want to go on the rift - I go, I want to do daily - I do, I want to plant flowers - I plant, I want to transport parcels - I carry, I want to lie on a sunbed and look at my character's bare ♥♥♥ - I look. No leader or hero will change my playing style.

AD4.
    It is true that by playing on old AA servers I could be logged in all day and there were no disconnections, lags or other strange things.
    It is true that in other games like BDO, SWTOR, Elite Dangerous, which I play to this day, it happens occasionally that there are disconnections and lags.
    This is not everyday mmo. We have 2019, people plan to fly to Mars, and we have a problem with setting up a stable server and establishing a stable internet connection.
    AAU Gildaron - Bliis, Pts1 - Alisee, Pts2 - Bliss
    Real life doesn't exist, its only Afk

Quote Originally Posted by Noxie View Post
    AD 1.
    There was a powerful exploit. It's true that to use it you had to know the game mechanics well, but you probably won't tell me that the 3-5k gold injection at the start of the game was small. It is true that it was only Gamigo's fault that he released a bugged element of the game.

AD 2.
    Exceptionally, in this case, I agree with you. Although I come from a former Eastern Bloc country - now in the EU and our earnings are much lower than the western EU and US countries, I could easily buy more than one account.
    You are also right in the fact that it quickly turns out that in order to benefit from additional accounts, you need to spend more time on it, unless we only produce taxes on them.

AD3.
    I am not interested in anyone who will be the server leader or hero. I play my own way and it has no influence on me. I want to go on the rift - I go, I want to do daily - I do, I want to plant flowers - I plant, I want to transport parcels - I carry, I want to lie on a sunbed and look at my character's bare ♥♥♥ - I look. No leader or hero will change my playing style.

AD4.
    It is true that by playing on old AA servers I could be logged in all day and there were no disconnections, lags or other strange things.
    It is true that in other games like BDO, SWTOR, Elite Dangerous, which I play to this day, it happens occasionally that there are disconnections and lags.
    This is not everyday mmo. We have 2019, people plan to fly to Mars, and we have a problem with setting up a stable server and establishing a stable internet connection.

1. Im sorry, that you cannot see that no amount of Mental Gymanstics, Make doing a Quest the Game offers you an Exploit.

Archepass was Added, it had a Quest. The Quest, awarded 50g, The quest was received 90% of the time upon reaching ascended levels. The Archepass had a Feature, that you could reset the missions if you got one that was outside of your comfort zone. People used the INTENDED FEATURE, or Resetting their Quests, TO DO THE INTENDED FEATURE OF THE QUEST. IN NO WORLD, is that an Exploit.

Was it poorly throughout to award that much laborless gold, sure. Was it an "exploit" not in the slightest.

No as to the other statements, "It's true that to use it you had to know the game mechanics well" NO one knew about the Archepass prior to the launch, no one did that on PTS, at max level, no one knew that WB quest existed until the server launched. The People that rushed to 55, did so because thats what they do. They wanted the advantage of being able to do dailies sooner ect, the Archepass gold was dumb luck.....

As to the amount of gold, was it really 3-5k gold though? Assuming you did it every single time possible, starting on Day 3, which is realistic for a speed to Anc 1. Then you received 3400g in total, for doing it EVERY SINGLE Mission, EVERY SINGLE DAY. Thats no easy feat, kill 17 WBs in a day, is not an easy feat at all. The quest only existed for a week.

Lets contrast that, how much labor do you earn in a week? 20,160, lets assume you did ZERO Archepass missions the first week (Not likely, but we will go with it)

Now lets take 20,160 and times that buy the average S/L for fishing, lets say Salt. Thats 2,822g, in that week. For fishing for that week, again assuming ZERO Labor pots, or the Free Archepass gold that came with doing that at any level.

Now lets take that a step further, and lets say you Fished on 2 alts, and your main, lets make this Freshwater fishing, takes about 2-3 hours to burn 5k labor doing so. 3628.8g, for Playing your 3 toons and fishing for that week.

Guess what "Archepass Exploiters" didn't do, Fish, they didn't have time 17 WBs per week is no easy task lol, neither is fishing on 3 accounts. Both of which, made the same amount of gold, the later, still does.

the people crying exploit, the people crying "too much gold" you guys really just dont know that much about the game. Lets look at something else, Library, if you killed all the bosses every spawn, thats 130g per run. Every 4 hours, That could fit into your fishing schedule quite easily, and say you play 12 hours, thats 3 Library runs, 4 if you log in for that stretch right as one starts. Thats 520 gold a day, on top of the gold from fishing.

Thats combined 7,268g from just fishing and library. I could go on all day, and keep growing this number, but I am not going to give away how I make gold, thats simply not how Archeage players roll.

Abyssal, First week the kraken was dropping. By guilds who could do it, they did it silently, and they took all packs for themselves, thats another 10k every time abyssal is up.

The reality is, the Archepass was alot of work, for a little pay out, the same thing done all day, would and could pay the same. The archepass did not break the economy, YOU JUST DONT UNDERSTAND THE ECONOMY.

You as you just admitted, are not a T1 Archeage player, no offense, neither am I these days, I am super causal this go around. The people that are T1, may have done a few Archepass WBs, on top of the plethora of other stuff that made MORE gold, with less time needed. They know how to play the game, they know the tricks, and they are always going to be better than you, More Gold, better Ships, Better Gear, Better everything. They work very hard to do that, and they deserve it. The Archepass was a drop in the bucket in the large amount of gold, Longtime players made in that first 10 days.

The people crying that its broken, that it was a major effect on the economy. They simply are not good Archeage players, and just refuse to accept that reality.

And lastly, Gamigo didnt put out a bugged element to the game, BECAUSE THERE WAS NO BUG. How DENSE ARE YOU. Thats why there was no exploit, because there was no bug to exploit.

The amount of money was overtuned, that wasn't a bug, that was just a bad design of the quest. The "Bug" comes from a reddit poster, who said "Well this must have been a weekly and is bugged" Gamigo already stated, thats NOT true. "You can change missions thats a bug" No its not, the game gave you the tools to change the mission. Get with reality. There was no BUG, There was NO EXPLOIT, There WAS NO PREPLANNING BY PLAYERS. They got to Ancenstral 1, and did the quests they were given, which more often than not was to kill a WB.

On that note, was it really that overtuned? You can make 520 off those 4 library runs, no labor, solo 3 GHA runs for another 400-450 again laborless, and your making more gold doing that then Archepass WBs, for about the same amount of time invested.

Its funny, the same people crying "Archepass Exploit" were abusing the crap out of Lib lol.

Ok, I did not say that doing these tasks with archepass did not require work, it required a lot, I know. Ok, it was only a mistake of the creators consisting in incorrect planning of remuneration etc. but it was also an ERROR, an error in planning. But what do we call the players' use of game errors? I mean a planning error, not a technical error. Most people call it an exploit in general, even if it's not a strictly exploit. The fact that the company withdrew archepass for repair indicates that some assumptions and implementation were incorrect.
    Of course, in such a situation as you write it is difficult to blame the players that they have used the opportunities offered by the game.
    I think a HUGE mistake was the inability to test archepass on pts, but there were new commands for hiram gear (finally), which has been on servers for a long time.
    I have repeatedly written in this forum that it is better to introduce new elements to the game 2-3 weeks after the deadline but working properly, than to introduce them on time, but with errors that later have serious effects.
    AAU Gildaron - Bliis, Pts1 - Alisee, Pts2 - Bliss
    Real life doesn't exist, its only Afk

1. Im sorry, that you cannot see that no amount of Mental Gymanstics, Make doing a Quest the Game offers you an Exploit.

Archepass was Added, it had a Quest. The Quest, awarded 50g, The quest was received 90% of the time upon reaching ascended levels. The Archepass had a Feature, that you could reset the missions if you got one that was outside of your comfort zone. People used the INTENDED FEATURE, or Resetting their Quests, TO DO THE INTENDED FEATURE OF THE QUEST. IN NO WORLD, is that an Exploit.

Just wanted to comment on this, as I notice that you are not being completely above board in your description.

The archepass had a built in 'change quest' feature of 3 - count them THREE attempts per day. That is totally legit, but you still had to deal with whatever showed up. THAT is the ONLY legitimate 'change quest' method.

People found out that you could simply switch between basic and another category archepass and it would reset all quests - but there was no cost to open them up again. THAT is an Exploit. Going around the system by 'Gaming' the Mechanics IS an Exploit. And That is how players were racking up hundreds and thousands of gold.

Initially I was of the impression that the influx of gold would eventually not be a big deal. But in UNchained, with the difficulty that exists in accumulating gold without being able to such things as sell apex, I have come to the conclusion that it IS and will continue to be a major issue for some quite some time.

IMHO

The reason why I haven't replied to your post was because you my friend have the IQ of an Ape and the behaviour of an Orangutan.
    And I am happy to see that the rest of this community agrees with me.

Have a nice day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast