+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rerolling to different gear after awakening

Rerolling to different gear after awakening

Wondering what the best way to switch from mage gear to archer gear after hiram awakening. Currently Anc 21 with t3 divine weapon. Is it better to just roll a new character and use this one for farming and purses. Or should I try to farm up the leather gear and use the ones from the dailies to try and get the stats needed? If there are any other ways than these two options and any opinions would be great.

Id re roll youll spend so much time trying to get gear and then get the right stats. Use that guy to farm or whatever and start over

I switched from leather to plate by doing the first option. I opened all the random plate hiram drops I'd gotten, and then used the quest rewards to fill in the gaps. Once I had my new set, I fed my old gear into my weapon. It wasn't too bad at all, I didn't even fall from the top 100 GS on my server. I would not reroll a new character just for the gear set. It's not /that/ much of a headache to get the right pieces, especially if you're already well geared and can farm mobs quickly.

I had some questions on this as well, so hopefully it is okay if I piggy back on this thread.

I was new to the game so had no idea how gearing worked. My plan was to level as a mage/sorcerer and then swap to heals once I got to lvl 55. I didn't know that one could not re-roll gear once it hit level 50. I was somewhat lucky and had several pieces that I hadn't awakened to the final hiram gear. I also had several of the "Grand Illustrious Hiram" gear. I think that is what they were called. The items where you can pick the exact piece of gear you want?

I'm now sitting okay stat wise , I have 2 pieces that are crap and need replaced, 2 pieces that have okay stats. I'm currently A12. My questions are:

1) Should I reroll or just work on replacing pieces.
    2) I have not seen any of those "Grand hiram bags" since I used them on my initial gear reroll. I could have sworn I got most of these on my initial grind for hiram drops but haven't seen any of these since. Do these drop from the same mobs that drop the the Hiram pieces that are more random (e.g. a random piece of plate etc.)?
    3) Any tips on farming for Hiram pieces. e.g. where do the Grand Hiram bags drop, do they drop?

Thanks much

Quote Originally Posted by Tyval View Post
    I had some questions on this as well, so hopefully it is okay if I piggy back on this thread.

I was new to the game so had no idea how gearing worked. My plan was to level as a mage/sorcerer and then swap to heals once I got to lvl 55. I didn't know that one could not re-roll gear once it hit level 50. I was somewhat lucky and had several pieces that I hadn't awakened to the final hiram gear. I also had several of the "Grand Illustrious Hiram" gear. I think that is what they were called. The items where you can pick the exact piece of gear you want?

I'm now sitting okay stat wise , I have 2 pieces that are crap and need replaced, 2 pieces that have okay stats. I'm currently A12. My questions are:

1) Should I reroll or just work on replacing pieces.
    2) I have not seen any of those "Grand hiram bags" since I used them on my initial gear reroll. I could have sworn I got most of these on my initial grind for hiram drops but haven't seen any of these since. Do these drop from the same mobs that drop the the Hiram pieces that are more random (e.g. a random piece of plate etc.)?
    3) Any tips on farming for Hiram pieces. e.g. where do the Grand Hiram bags drop, do they drop?

Thanks much
    They do not drop, Those are a 1 time thing. Going forward the drops you get are the ones you mentioned "Unidentified Plate Hiram Armor" ect.
    Daemonic - The One, The Only. "Why So Salty" - Daemonic 2014-2015, "So long and Thanks, for all the Fish." - Daemonic 2014, "Pikes is just a wanabe Daemonic" - Odizzeous 2015, "The Cult of Shadows, are walking trashcans" - Kasevan 2014, "I'd prefer the trash can over the trash itself." - Palladin 2014, "Confirmed Scammer list: Gerey, Foxkiller, Oddizeous, All the lannisters, The entire <Cult of Shadows>" - DRHealgood 2014, "You are Irrelvant" - <Wicked> 2014-2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashi View Post
    I switched from leather to plate by doing the first option. I opened all the random plate hiram drops I'd gotten, and then used the quest rewards to fill in the gaps. Once I had my new set, I fed my old gear into my weapon. It wasn't too bad at all, I didn't even fall from the top 100 GS on my server. I would not reroll a new character just for the gear set. It's not /that/ much of a headache to get the right pieces, especially if you're already well geared and can farm mobs quickly.
    What quests are you talking about?

:P I was trying to switch from melee to mage... but I see so much hassle from gear to weapon stats really annoying to rng switch stats, not to mention my nodachi already tempered til +14 and already T2... it's best if you don't want to start over again just get separate piece aside from your current good stats gear and weapon...

Quote Originally Posted by Auxi View Post
    What quests are you talking about?
    When you do your hiram dailies you get pieces as achievements that let you pick any weapon/gear you want. So I opened my random stuff, then I used the achievement rewards to fill in the gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashi View Post
    When you do your hiram dailies you get pieces as achievements that let you pick any weapon/gear you want. So I opened my random stuff, then I used the achievement rewards to fill in the gaps.
    I see, I thought you were talking about actual quests, not the achievement stuff. Bummer.

+ Reply to Thread