+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should I come back?

Should I come back?

As old Archeage player which took a 2 year break, should I come back as they improved game and removed p2w?

Btw is there any downside of buying this game on Steam?

Nein, solltest Du nicht !
    Lese mal das Forum durch und Du wirst erkennen, dass man Archeage gerade zerstören will, Gamigo legt viel Wert darauf, den schlechtesten Service zu bieten, den die Welt jemals gesehen hat, sie antworten niemals auf Anfragen, sie reparieren nicht die Zahlungsmethoden (Paysafe), sie lassen Leute nicht spielen, obwohl sie bezahlt haben... Selbst die Androhung von rechtlichen Konsequenzen interessiert sie nicht... Sie fahren mit voller Absicht Archeage gegen die Wand und ich rate davon ab, hier nochmal anzufangen...

Reading the forums threads will give you a pretty decent picture of the state of the game.

In short, no. At least until the fundamental issues like low quality money saving servers, stuff like labor, exploits, ArchePass wtf get resolved. Might take a few months though up to a year, as we know by now Gamigo works at a snail's pace when it comes to urgent matters.

Quote Originally Posted by pekuses View Post
    As old Archeage player which took a 2 year break, should I come back as they improved game and removed p2w?
    I came back after almost a 2-year break. So far I have been enjoying it a lot but I only started playing again recently. There are so many new things to learn and the way everything works now is so different from 2 years ago, so it is actually like you are playing a new game haha
    As far as I can tell from browsing the forums there seem to be some issues with people regarding payments, and broken mechanics but I have yet to encounter these.
    The p2w aspect has been removed from AAU but it is still in Legacy AA.
    TBH it is your choice, if you feel you want to give it a go do it, if you feel you would rather wait and see if the issues that are mentioned on the forums get sorted do that
    Wolfshe
    Retired Primeval
    R.I.P Kyprosa 2014 - 2017
    R.I.P Tempest 2017 - 2018
    Halnaak 2019 - ?

May the good times always live on

If you like doing nothing but dailies, didn't enjoy tradepacks, and like being on a welfare system then nothing but fear and common sense stopping you.

Btw is there any downside of buying this game on Steam?
    Most people come to the forum to complain so you will most likely only get rather negative feedback.

Should you come back at all?
    That's up to you. What were your reasons for leaving? Why do you consider coming back?

Should you come back to AA (legacy servers)?
    I love legacy. Everything I achieved in the last 4.5 years is there. Unfortunately the answer is obviously "no" unless you are heavily p2w or like to run 10-100 characters to max out your profit to even have a chance to compete. And then there is still the lack of players because a huge % has moved to AAU or quit the game when AAU was announced.
    You can't really consider it f2p anymore because you still need patron but the prices of APEX have risen too much for a normal player to handle at first. If you achieve an income of 10 silver/labor point you will have to pay 2/3 of that to maintain your patron status. Over time AA is becoming a subscribe2play server.

Should you come back to AAU?
    There is no doubt that unchained has issues on its own. It is filled with hardcore players who seem to spend their whole playing.

If you are a farmer you have to decide between:
    - lots of open space (Legacy) and "you only have to buy the game once and then you can keep your house/farm forever" (AAU)

If you are PVP you have to decide between:
    - not being able to catch up for a really long time (Legacy) and having hundreds of active people in each faction so everything in the open world is also riskier.

etc pp

I hope this may help you a bit.

PS: If possible, do not use steam. It only increases the amount of possible issues and you don't really have any benefit from it.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

I see. Again bugs/exploits and problems... Archeage will always be the same

I see. Again bugs/exploits and problems... Archeage will always be the same
    MMOs, will always have bugs, its just the way it is.

There has been no Exploits on AAU, people are just overly dramatic whiney babies. If that is you, then dont come back, we dont want you.
    Daemonic - The One, The Only. "Why So Salty" - Daemonic 2014-2015, "So long and Thanks, for all the Fish." - Daemonic 2014, "Pikes is just a wanabe Daemonic" - Odizzeous 2015, "The Cult of Shadows, are walking trashcans" - Kasevan 2014, "I'd prefer the trash can over the trash itself." - Palladin 2014, "Confirmed Scammer list: Gerey, Foxkiller, Oddizeous, All the lannisters, The entire <Cult of Shadows>" - DRHealgood 2014, "You are Irrelvant" - <Wicked> 2014-2015.

Yeah, exploits that allows you to earn massive gold per day aren't dramatic. I just asked acquaintance on discord who plays it. He said got fortune by abusing some kind of seasonal pass. He first get banned but later they unbanned him, and he earned enough gold in 2 weeks that he would in one year.

Yeah I'm whiney baby.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast