+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just general lag

Just general lag

Hey,

Ignoring many of the issues with the game I just wanted to generally feedback on lag in the game. Often I log on when servers are not busy (early in the morning) and its still difficult to play due to the lag. This seems to happen more often when fighting players/monsters and is a real issue for game enjoyment. If you want a continued income from this game you have to fix basic ♥♥♥♥ like this.

Can anyone else attest to this or is it a problem at my end?

Gamigo is too stubborn to get professional hosting and instead insists to save money using these extremely poor cloud servers. Better get used to it

Quote Originally Posted by Jaaj View Post
    Hey,

Ignoring many of the issues with the game I just wanted to generally feedback on lag in the game. Often I log on when servers are not busy (early in the morning) and its still difficult to play due to the lag. This seems to happen more often when fighting players/monsters and is a real issue for game enjoyment. If you want a continued income from this game you have to fix basic ♥♥♥♥ like this.

Can anyone else attest to this or is it a problem at my end?
    It depends, as there has been intermittent issues at a hop prior to reaching Archeage servers, which really would be beyond their control beyond reaching out to the provider who owns that network hop. Best bet for you to figure out if it's on your end, somewhere in between, or with Trion/XL Games/Gamigo would be to run Trace Route.

But 0.ae12.dsr2.dfw2.packet.net which is IP address 139.178.80.133 is where lot of issues are, for example as I'm writing you the worst latency was 557 whereas the "worst' hop up until then was around 49. I have written to them about it and I'm hoping they'll be able to get it figured out. Best bet would be for others to run logs and send in support tickets with data so they see it's a wide issue. Btw, that IP is owned by Packet Host Inc, which is a company that provides cloud hosting and other services to companies. Their official website is https://www.packet.com/ if you want to try to reach out to them directly to discuss how they are having issues that's interfering with the game.

The ip Address I run it to is 208.94.26.5 which is what they showed as Archeage servers. Not sure if they have another one set for Archeage Unchained. If they do, they haven't released the ip address to use for testing.

+ Reply to Thread