+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MMO or Facebook game?

MMO or Facebook game?

Greetings,

I have been this game since release now, and I have to say: it feels like the game doesnít want to be played and restricts my game time in a way I have never experienced in any MMO before. Playing Archeage Unchained is almost like playing a Facebook game instead of a MMO.

I like the PvE, crafting and exploring side of the game the most, but it seems to me the labor regain and the labor costs are not balanced at all. If I tend to my farms and pay my taxes, I usually donít have enough labor left to upgrade my gear, open loot or add a gem to my gear. Let alone thinking about diving for treasure, go out to sea for some fishing or craft furniture. The compensation labor pots help a bit but not much, since it is only 1000 extra labor a day: so I can chop 100 more trees or put 2 gems on my armor.

I havenít played Legacy beyond the first two weeks of release but I have the impression that when they changed AA into AAU they forgot to adjust the labor to settings suitable for a play to buy game instead of a pay to win game.

Kind regards,
    Silverfauve
    Rebellicious
    International gaming community for 30plussers
    www.rebellicious.eu

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfauve View Post
    Greetings,

I have been this game since release now, and I have to say: it feels like the game doesn’t want to be played and restricts my game time in a way I have never experienced in any MMO before. Playing Archeage Unchained is almost like playing a Facebook game instead of a MMO.

I like the PvE, crafting and exploring side of the game the most, but it seems to me the labor regain and the labor costs are not balanced at all. If I tend to my farms and pay my taxes, I usually don’t have enough labor left to upgrade my gear, open loot or add a gem to my gear. Let alone thinking about diving for treasure, go out to sea for some fishing or craft furniture. The compensation labor pots help a bit but not much, since it is only 1000 extra labor a day: so I can chop 100 more trees or put 2 gems on my armor.

I haven’t played Legacy beyond the first two weeks of release but I have the impression that when they changed AA into AAU they forgot to adjust the labor to settings suitable for a play to buy game instead of a pay to win game.

Kind regards,
    Silverfauve
    At the beginning of AAU I had the same feelings, especially after playing for several years on old AA. But then I remembered that on the old AA most of the skills I use i have trained to the maximum value. So I use MUCH fewer labor points than in AAu. Even now, after a few weeks of playing at AAU, I have some skills at higher levels and this gives me great savings in the consumption of labor points. As I noticed, the costs of the labor points and their mechanics are the same as in the old AA, so it remains a bit of patience, train skills and it will be ok. If not, then we will alert.
    I plan how much per day I must to do tax to keep houses, how many packages I must to make to have a stable income and I count how many labor points I need. I am looking for a compromise that will allow me to fit in the available number of labor points. I treat the profit from golden plains or other sources as a bonus and use it according to current needs.
    From the other side, however, the whole mechanism and number of labor points were planned for old AA servers, where once you could buy labor pots for credits and theoretically have an infinite number of them, which was limited only by the contents of our credit card. Now all this has changed, but the mechanism for labor remained the same. Maybe it would be good to rethink it and modify it for the needs of AAu.
    Taris - Noxie, Pts1 - Alisee, Pts1 - Drakul (Nuia), Pts2 - Bliss
    Real life doesn't exist, its only Afk

I must agree, to little labor regain

I must agree with Silverfauve.
    If I plant 1000 seeds and harvest them and process these, than my labor is almost gone. If I need to craft some tax certificates, that would be it for a whole day. That is like: 2 hours of gameplay at most. Within the current system I do not see me playing the 5 or 6 hours a day I did in other MMO's. There is just not enough labor to sustane this playstyle.

So rethinking labor would be my suggestion.

Silaquis

Agreed. Labor is the devils work. Let me enjoy the dam game farming/crafting etc.

+ Reply to Thread