+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Family trouble with multiaccount restrictions

Family trouble with multiaccount restrictions

After introducing restrictions on the number of accounts running simultaneously, there is a problem with "family".
    If we have more than one account, it is natural that we want to have the remaining characters in our family.
    1. The problem appears already at the stage of taking new characters to family. If we do not know a trusted stranger who can be invited to family, then having only one computer is not possible to join our family in our alts !!
    2. The second problem occurs at the stage of sharing our houses / farms. Does each of us know in the game a stranger who can be trusted so much to share their homes, farms, and storage boxes with him?
    3. The next problem is the quest family.
    If we can't log in to 2 or 3 accounts on one computer at the same time, then we must wait for the stranger who we have in the family to start playing and have time to do the quest with us. This is not always possible and often we do not have family quests.

The best solution would be to remove the lock on the number of simultaneously logged accounts from one computer. I don't know why this restriction was introduced, but it did not introduce anything good in the game, but a lot of trouble and confusion.
    Taris - Noxie, Pts1 - Alisee, Pts1 - Drakul (Nuia), Pts2 - Bliss
    Real life doesn't exist, its only Afk

NO. The family's point is to players play together. Share homes and stuff. Become friends. Not for creation "alt family". And you don't need to share everything with family if you don't want it. Use house settings.
    For the quests i agrre that they should be not only for Family. Not everyone want to have it or bother to play with others. And its the only way to get enough Voc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananafish View Post
    NO. The family's point is to players play together. Share homes and stuff. Become friends. Not for creation "alt family". And you don't need to share everything with family if you don't want it. Use house settings.
    For the quests i agrre that they should be not only for Family. Not everyone want to have it or bother to play with others. And its the only way to get enough Voc.
    But you see, if you have 2 accounts and you build farms / houses with each of them, you want to have access with each of your characters. The only option to do this is to add your alt to family. Otherwise, you can't work with all your farms on one character. For example, if you want to train logging in one character and plant trees on all farms, you must have these farms available for your character from the other account.
    In addition, playing in a group with other players should be an option - an incentive rewarded in some way and not a necessity. In the current arrangement, if you want to have all your accounts in one family and you have only one computer, you have no choice but to invite a stranger to the family. Remember that today you can trust a person and tomorrow you may find that you cannot. You can lose a lot of things because of it. That there would be no understatement, I support the idea of ​​team play, but not on the principle of forcing it.
    The whole family system was developed for the old version of AA, where we could run several accounts at the same time and there were no problems with it. It has not been adapted to the version with one game client running at a time.

The best solution would be to just play like a normal human being and stop being an alt army exploiting tryhard. People like you should be banned permanently.
    The point in allowing 3 accounts per IP is obviously so multiple people of the same household can play the game while only one client suggests that only one person should own an account, yet you try to exploit this. Not even that, you take it as a GIVEN that abusing this policy is completely normal and even have the audacity to post here demanding to change the client system to fit your abuse.
    Just lock this pathetic thread, Jesus christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxi View Post
    The best solution would be to just play like a normal human being and stop being an alt army exploiting tryhard. People like you should be banned permanently.
    The point in allowing 3 accounts per IP is obviously so multiple people of the same household can play the game while only one client suggests that only one person should own an account, yet you try to exploit this. Not even that, you take it as a GIVEN that abusing this policy is completely normal and even have the audacity to post here demanding to change the client system to fit your abuse.
    You are wrong. You are allowed 3 accounts per person. Note the word "singularly".

@Auxi: You should read Multi-Account Policy for ArcheAge: Unchained again. Espacially the Rule of Three:
    The number of accounts per player is limited to a maximum of three for ArcheAge: Unchained. Each account begins with two available character slots and may ultimately contain up to six character slots (additional character slots not available at release). The Rule of Three applies singularly to each member of a household, or shared access space such as a school or PC Café.
    I totally agree with Noxie.
    My husband and me both have one account. But we have just one computer. Without help of a third person, we can't build a family ingame. We cannot play together, that's ok. We have different Playtimes, or one looks the otherone over the shoulder.
    But we like the feeling being connected through 'family'. And we totaly want to share home and farms.
    With our alts, too. But this is impossible with the actual invite-mechanic. Just the Head of the Family can invite.
    Where there's a whip, there's a way!

EU - Halnaak - Haranya [RP / PvE / RvR]

I'm not big on doing the Family quests on my own, however, simply having my second account character be able to use the land/house of my primary account should be basic common sense. Selling a house can specify the specific character that is allowed the buy it. Therefore, it should be possible to apply this same type of coding to farms and homes so you could add the specific characters you want to give access.

Or just allow characters to invite Offline characters into the Family.

When compared with all the BS and garbage that the players have to put up with in this game, allowing Familys to be easily put together is Not such a 'horrendous' idea.

IMHO

So why not set all properties to private, and pay someone in your guild 10g to start a family and invite you and all of your alts on all accounts. Then, they pass Head of household to one of you and you kick them from the family. Then you are all in the family without having to multibox and once that person is no longer in the family, you can set all of your property to family. Easy!

Quote Originally Posted by Auxi View Post
    Like i see u didn't read multiaccount policy or u dont understand what u read, but u have many to say. Sad is all u said is trash.

So why not set all properties to private, and pay someone in your guild 10g to start a family and invite you and all of your alts on all accounts. Then, they pass Head of household to one of you and you kick them from the family. Then you are all in the family without having to multibox and once that person is no longer in the family, you can set all of your property to family. Easy!
    Of course, we can do it and it will work, but do we need to find alternative replacement solutions for everything? Can't we ask to do something so that it is good to use without a combination?

I totally agree with Noxie.
    My husband and me both have one account. But we have just one computer. Without help of a third person, we can't build a family ingame. We cannot play together, that's ok. We have different Playtimes, or one looks the otherone over the shoulder.
    But we like the feeling being connected through 'family'. And we totaly want to share home and farms.
    With our alts, too. But this is impossible with the actual invite-mechanic. Just the Head of the Family can invite.
    As the previous speakers have mentioned, the limit of 3 accounts is per PERSON, not for one ip. Apart from the fact that Gamigo has no possibility to reliably control how many accounts there are for one person, in this part of the multiaccount policy there is a total lack of consistency. If they allow one person to have 3 accounts, why we can't simultaneously run these 3 accounts on the same computer? They are completely legal and their possession is not considered an exploit. In my opinion, this is also contrary to the p2w policy, because people who can afford to have 2-3 computers at home can use more accounts at the same time. At this point, the principle of equal opportunities is violated. It would be fairer if everyone could run their maximum number of accounts allowed on one computer - 3.

+ Reply to Thread